PDA

View Full Version : Removing permanent Flying mount immunity during WF's

Crismorn
09-09-2011, 04:56 PM
<p>Currently people log out close to WF towers then log in and while using that immunity they get the WF buff, fly up in the air to the ceiling and tab out/afk for un earned pvp rewards.</p><p>Possible fixes.</p><p>- While in immunity WF buff does not apply to players, must be attackable to get the buff.</p><p>- Loading your flying mount removes the WF buff</p><p>- Buff has a 5 min. timer that will only refresh by current methods and while in pvp combat the buff changes to current permanent version.  First buff must be obtained from tower, pvp combat will maintain it indefinetly.</p><p>- Dying/Evac/zoning/logging/flight pad gryphon removes WF buff, must return to a tower in order to re apply buff.</p>

dellaripa
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Currently people log out close to WF towers then log in and while using that immunity they get the WF buff, fly up in the air to the ceiling and tab out/afk for un earned pvp rewards.</p><p>Possible fixes.</p><p>- While in immunity WF buff does not apply to players, must be attackable to get the buff.</p><p>- Loading your flying mount removes the WF buff</p><p>- Buff has a 5 min. timer that will only refresh by current methods and while in pvp combat the buff changes to current permanent version.  First buff must be obtained from tower, pvp combat will maintain it indefinetly.</p><p>- Dying/Evac/zoning/logging/flight pad gryphon removes WF buff, must return to a tower in order to re apply buff.</p></blockquote><p>Of course by "flying mount" you also mean leaping mount, right?</p>

Crismorn
09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
<p>I'm trying to keep this as a flying mount issue since you cannot counter their ability to fly up the zones ceiling and /afking.</p><p>If enough people are incapable of countering leaper mounts then sure remove them too</p>

Crismorn
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
<p>- Level ranges change from 8 to unlimited while you have a WF buff.</p>

Balrok
09-09-2011, 08:36 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm trying to keep this as a flying mount issue since you cannot counter their ability to fly up the zones ceiling and /afking.</p><p>If enough people are incapable of countering leaper mounts then sure remove them too</p></blockquote><p>Leaper mounts F'n blow.  I hate'm.  At least the afk ceiling guy is out of my way and not a threat.</p>

Sprin
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Currently people log out close to WF towers then log in and while using that immunity they get the WF buff, fly up in the air to the ceiling and tab out/afk for un earned pvp rewards.</p><p>Possible fixes.</p><p>- While in immunity WF buff does not apply to players, must be attackable to get the buff.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Won't Fix anything as this is a non issue</span></p><p>- Loading your flying mount removes the WF buff</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">There are easier ways to get around this, see below</span></p><p>- Buff has a 5 min. timer that will only refresh by current methods and while in pvp combat the buff changes to current permanent version.  First buff must be obtained from tower, pvp combat will maintain it indefinetly.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">WAAAAAAAAAAAY too complicated... the more complicated the less likely it will ever happen and the more likely failure will occur with every aspect (see every update since the dawn of time with SOE)</span></p><p>- Dying/Evac/zoning/logging/flight pad gryphon removes WF buff, must return to a tower in order to re apply buff.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Terribad idea, as if you zone out, you wont get update anyways, nor if you log out... so that only punishes people using legit ways of traveling accross the huge zone like KP or Antonica looking for PVP or responding to PVP shouts without spending 30 minutes running...</span></p></blockquote><p>Too complicated, too many potential problems... You are trying to deal with too many issues that you dont agree with instead of the primary problem of flying mounts... Keep it simple and stick to the goal...</p><p>IE: evac / flying / zoning are legitimate ways of getting from one place to another in a timely manner, as KP is a zone that takes about 10 minutes to fly from one end to another...  those aren't an issue, those are people trying to get to PVP or to the guards, both the goal of WF's......   punishing people for doing that is not smart.. horrible idea</p><p>Dying is a part of PVP, you make it so everyone who dies loses the buff and the only thing you will do is make people not want to PVP near the end of the WF in the event they lose the buff too near the end to get rebuffed... or make everyone want to just lump all teh PVP 10 feet from the Tower so in case they do die, they can just run back real fast...  thats a horrible idea as well</p><p>Flying / jumping mounts arent just a problem in WFs, but if that is the goal here there is a very simple solution to it:</p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">During WF make Flying / jumpy mounts work like they do in town.  Case closed... </span></strong></p><p>The only other "issue" is people going afk while dead... but there is nothing you can do about that without punishing people legitemately dead when the WF ends from PVP... so that is something that you are just gonna have to s uck up TBH...   The last thing we need on this server is restrictions on people actually PVP'ng... we don't need help decreasing PVP due to re-re policies to thwart.   </p><p>Keep it simple is the name of the game...</p>

Crismorn
09-10-2011, 01:03 AM
<p>I'm down for anything that removes flying mounts, taking jumpers and easier changes is fine with me as those were just random thoughts I had at the time.</p>

Kimber
09-14-2011, 09:44 PM
<p>Personaly I think all mount speeds should be reset and Flying/Leaping/Gliding mounts should be removed from our server. </p><p>However since the above mentioned will not happen then at a min all mounts should be grounded during the WF.</p><p>While the idea that you need to PvP to keep the WF buff is a good one there is 1 flaw with it.  The WF covers 80-90 I have 2 lv 90 and 2 lv 81 toons.  Lately I have been taking the lv 81's out there to get thier faction up and I had seen some other 81's out there here and there.  But there is not always someone to fight in my range.  Dont get me wrong I will fight a 90 and have beaten a few of em on my 81's but saying you must fight to keep the buff does not work.  If there are no targets.</p>

Oobo
09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
<p>ya sadly to bad you NEED a 90 to kill some 81s....LOVE how u invited the 90 after he left zone and then had him zone back in so he was grouped with you just so u could kill me...after YOU couldn't kill me by yourself in a 30mins fight including bringing in another 81...LOL 2v1 and you still couldn't kill me so you stooped to exploiting invite loop holes so you could get a 90 in the group and yet u bash Seliri for cutting corners...LUL</p><p>This is an exploit of game mechanics that NEEDS fixed also, inviting other people to groups while you are in combat fighting, all they have to do is have the 90 zone out of the zone to get the invite then zone back...Pathetic really, you cant fight your own fight...</p>

Kimber
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
<p>The first fight neither of us could kill the other and you ended up hitting a 90 so he killed you.  TBH I did not know he was even there untill you hit him I thought it was funny in all honesty when it happend. This was also the longest of the fights and was just you and me untill you hit the 90.</p><p>Either during the first fight or before the second fight a guildy zoned in that is at 81 and has on lv 62 MC we were going to go around and kill the names in KP to make sure they had them all I may have invited them to group during the first fight but they were in the zone and not near us when the fight was over ( the reason you dropped the second chest thanks for the plat btw )</p><p>Second fight you jumped me so of course the guildy I invited got there and promtly died since they have no gear and you hit the 90 again giving my guildy an update ( The 90 who at this point was just talking to me about this and that was laughing about you hitting him again )</p><p>Third fight head up to the sok post and you try again so yes I asked the 90 to come back to kill you faster so I could head up to TG.  ( I guess you like to zerg )</p><p>I think you might want to learn to play your class to keep from hitting 90's though before you spout off about this or that.  I find it funny though that you came on here talking about this and trying to make it sound like you were winning when infact we could not kill each other.  But whatever makes you feel better I guess.</p><p> If the inviting people who are in other zones is broken game mechanics then it should be fixed.  As for Sel the differance is he would have done it to get your fame and your cash.  I only invited the 90 cause you were being a PITA and neither of us could kill the other and I wanted to go do something else that and I already had your update.</p><p>Edit cause I dont always read my post out loud after I post them to make sure they flow right</p>

Oobo
09-15-2011, 11:09 PM
<p>i didn't AOE the 90. there is a known glitch in that can cause 90s to become agro... i KNOW what CAs or Spells to not hit, thats not the issue, and yes i came back after the 90 killed me cause i was enjoying the fight and wanted to see who would REALLY win, which clearly we know would have been me, hence the fact you had the 90 leave the zone so you could invite him and leech another kill for your guildie... i Don't mind fighting or even fighting uneven odds and i proved i can play my toon, or did you NOT notice the FACT you couldn't kill me even after calling in a guildie to try and help you...My point is don't cry about other players for pulling dirty crap when you just proved you will do it also to leech a win... The are far more broken mechanics and bugs than a [email protected] flying mount...This fight was an example of that...</p>

Oobo
09-15-2011, 11:12 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>1st off there werew no 3 fights, i ONLY died twice and both times to the 90, first was the agro glitch and he killed me giving you fame, the 2nd was after i had killed your buddie 81 that u called in to help u several times and i now had you OUT of power and was about to kill you and you invited the 90 to save your azz....</p><p>i didn't AOE the 90 at anytime there is a known glitch in that can cause 90s to become agro... i KNOW what CAs or Spells to not hit, thats not the issue, and yes i came back after the 90 killed me cause i was enjoying the fight and wanted to see who would REALLY win, which clearly we know would have been me, hence the fact you had the 90 leave the zone so you could invite him and leech another kill for your guildie... i Don't mind fighting or even fighting uneven odds and i proved i can play my toon, or did you NOT notice the FACT you couldn't kill me even after calling in a guildie to try and help you...My point is don't cry about other players for pulling dirty crap when you just proved you will do it also to leech a win... The are far more broken mechanics and bugs than a [email protected] flying mount...This fight was an example of that...</p></blockquote>

Kimber
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
<p>Whatever Oobo its ok you died 3 times and only had me way low on power the first fight the second I started with about 60% or so and only got down to about 20% the third I was full power at the start and you still had rev sick.  But I understand you do not want to be seen as a zerger or w/e on the forums so you must save face its ok really I get it.</p><p>Oh and no you would not have killed me just as I would not have killed you it was a good fight I agree I would say pretty evenly matched.</p><p>Edit to add</p><p>Your first death was down near the towers</p><p>Second death was accrossed the river from the leaches ( dropped chest for guildy )</p><p>Third death was about same spot guildy had been revived to loot chest and you came back again.</p>

Oobo
09-16-2011, 12:38 AM
<p>now u see that fight just then Kim is WHY SOE needs to make WF allllll con...KP WF should be lvl 82-90...the fight we just had i couldnt cast ANY big hits or even my defense temp cause of 90s standing on top of us....greys should not be in a WF, 8 lvl gap and thats where the WF should start...</p>

Crismorn
09-16-2011, 12:46 AM
<p>Just remove level ranges when you have a WF buff</p>

Kimber
09-16-2011, 01:13 AM
<p>You should have seen me ask them to back off I put it in common and /say one of them started spaming me with LON and trade request but w/e.  I doubt that you being able to cast those would have made any diff though tbh I did not hit DA or SW or any of my heals the whole fight the only time I really lost any power was when I had to sprint cause you were trying to get away.</p>

Oobo
09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
<p>Actually they make a huge diff for my class, they put alot of our BIG hits in AOE form sadly, not to mention i couldnt use my Myth buff which part of it is 100% AOE along with all the good stuff...you should know this from the last fight when you couldnt kill me to this one where the DMG is diff, not being about to cast those plus my big defense buff cause SOE made it a [email protected] AOE hurts...but its no sweat, maybe one day SOE will fix this [email protected] shtt cause it makes NO SENSE for greys to be at a WF when they cant get updates off reds even though i can kill some reds.. =(</p>

Kimber
09-16-2011, 08:38 AM
<p>Funny thing just happend though you ran a couple times not a 90 in sight.</p><p>And before you say well I was AFK I will agree that yes you were and I backed off let you heal up and came back a couple times all you did was keep running.</p><p>Nuff said I think</p>

Ahlana
09-16-2011, 10:27 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">During WF make Flying / jumpy mounts work like they do in town.  Case closed... </span></strong></p></blockquote><p>Best solution. I might go a step further and say that if you have the WF buff that only innate/AA run speeds apply. Thus no 75% for fliers or leapers or 130% for ground during WFs.</p><p>While WF buff is on it will act as though you are in combat with no mount speed. /shrug</p>

Sprin
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
<p><cite>Ahlana wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">During WF make Flying / jumpy mounts work like they do in town.  Case closed... </span></strong></p></blockquote><p>Best solution. I might go a step further and say that if you have the WF buff that only innate/AA run speeds apply. Thus no 75% for fliers or leapers or 130% for ground during WFs.</p><p>While WF buff is on it will act as though you are in combat with no mount speed. /shrug</p></blockquote><p>SoW speed would be good enough for me... a couple classes would be faster, but meh... always have been</p>

Oobo
09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Funny thing just happend though you ran a couple times not a 90 in sight.</p><p>And before you say well I was AFK I will agree that yes you were and I backed off let you heal up and came back a couple times all you did was keep running.</p><p>Nuff said I think</p></blockquote><p>WOOOOOO don't start a ep33n smack talk, you haven't killed me ever and cant so pls don't go there like your some PVP God, i didn't engage this morning cause it was 630am my time and i had 10mins to finish getting dressed for work, i was afks when u engaged me getting dressed, told you then i had NO time to do a 30min fight with you...</p>

Kimber
09-16-2011, 08:17 PM
<p>Never said I was a PvP god as you put it.  However with all the smack you talk I figured others would find it funny that you ran..........</p><p>Besides if you are so good it would not take you 30 min to beat me but w/e makes it easier for you to sleep at night I guess</p>

Oobo
09-17-2011, 10:34 AM
<p>LOL i am good, the fact you and your guildie couldn't kill me 1v2 or that you couldn't kill me 1v1 just prior to that...That fact is i had 10mins before WF was over and i had to leave for work, and anyone who pvps KNOWS a fight between a Crusader and a Zerker is gonna be a LONG azz fight when both are = geared....your attempt a smack talk is failing and all you are doing is looking like a goof after not being able to kill me not once but twice...so relax and stop taking it so serious, and just show up to fight, waited on you yesterday afternoon and you never showed up even after i rolled one of your guildies twice but im pretty sure that was probably your toon ;p</p>

Ahlana
09-17-2011, 10:42 AM
<p>I fail to see how the bickering between Oboo and Kimber has anything to do with mounts and their affect on PVP during WF time.</p><p>There are PMs if you two want to make out ya know.</p><p>Anyways, Buffs would be fine Khonann. I am just stating that you get no speed bonuses from mounts themselves. So Buffs, AAs, or innate run speeds would be fine. I mean we did fine until the slowest mount was 130% lol</p>

Kruelty
09-17-2011, 03:04 PM
<p>Is some undergeared scrub getting 3 tokens that big of a deal that they are hiding from pvp with a flying mount the issue.</p><p>Sounds as if you guys are more miffed that you can't get your easy kill from the scrub in his master crafted gear.</p>

Ahlana
09-17-2011, 03:37 PM
<p><cite>Kruelty wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Is some undergeared scrub getting 3 tokens that big of a deal that they are hiding from pvp with a flying mount the issue.</p><p>Sounds as if you guys are more miffed that you can't get your easy kill from the scrub in his master crafted gear.</p></blockquote><p>People just don't think others should get rewarded for not actually participating.. I am unsure though that any of the mount changes will affect the outcome.</p><p>I imagine if they fixed mounts that people would just place a flag with a non-pvp character.. port to it, get buff, evac and go hide somewhere. It happened before flying and leaping mounts, people will always find a way to get around actually PVPing on a PVP server.</p>

Crismorn
09-17-2011, 08:12 PM
<p><cite>Kruelty wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Is some undergeared scrub getting 3 tokens that big of a deal that they are hiding from pvp with a flying mount the issue.</p><p>Sounds as if you guys are more miffed that you can't get your easy kill from the scrub in his master crafted gear.</p></blockquote><p>Sounds like afk'd rewards to me</p>

Kimber
09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
<p>Sorry for derailing a bit guys just get tired of some who talk smack and then fail to back it up.  I do agree that something needs to be done about the mounts though.  My idea is up in the thread farther.</p>

Oobo
09-18-2011, 09:55 AM
<p>LOL fail to back it up? we fought 3 times and u couldnt kill me, u even brought in a guildie and he got owned, you had to group invite a 90 before i could even die...so ya my smack talk was WELL backed up...thanks for playing...</p>

Darq
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
<p>Just make flying mounts work like they should</p><p>AIR COMBAT FAWK YEAH</p><p>where's the problem now that there's spell autoattack?</p>

max.power
09-20-2011, 04:41 AM
<p><cite>Darq wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Just make flying mounts work like they should</p><p>AIR COMBAT FAWK YEAH</p><p>where's the problem now that there's spell autoattack?</p></blockquote><p>Is spell auto attack as high as ranged/melee auto attack?</p>

Darq
09-27-2011, 11:31 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Darq wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Just make flying mounts work like they should</p><p>AIR COMBAT FAWK YEAH</p><p>where's the problem now that there's spell autoattack?</p></blockquote><p>Is spell auto attack as high as ranged/melee auto attack?</p></blockquote><p>as far as i have seen the rating is lower, by about 60. however mages/priests don't need to buy ammo.</p><p>and if they stop moving while in the air they could cast spells, in theory.</p>

Ssue
09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Currently people log out close to WF towers then log in and while using that immunity they get the WF buff, fly up in the air to the ceiling and tab out/afk for un earned pvp rewards.</p><p>Possible fixes.</p><p>- While in immunity WF buff does not apply to players, must be attackable to get the buff.</p><p>- Loading your flying mount removes the WF buff</p><p>- Buff has a 5 min. timer that will only refresh by current methods and while in pvp combat the buff changes to current permanent version.  First buff must be obtained from tower, pvp combat will maintain it indefinetly.</p><p>- Dying/Evac/zoning/logging/flight pad gryphon removes WF buff, must return to a tower in order to re apply buff.</p></blockquote><p>Easier to just remove the war fields!</p>

Crismorn
09-28-2011, 07:41 PM
<p>Sad, but true</p>