PDA

View Full Version : Is the PVP Dev secretly also the housing design Dev?

Gnollhater
09-07-2011, 10:56 AM
<p>I'm always concerned with the amount of response from our PVP developer regarding current issues. But in researching the activity of Olihin it would seem as if there is a lot more input into the design of furniture and housing than fixing players concerns regarding PVP lately. Can anyone deny/confirm this is the case because it would not surprise me.</p>

Neskonlith
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM
<p>SOE is struggling to adjust itemization and get November's expansion ready, all the while stomping out numerous bugs that are cropping up all over with each update.</p><p>PVE is burning up all the spare Dev time in this regard, and PVP is functional, so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything dramatic happening with PVP until SOE has caught up on PVE issues.</p><p>PS: the Art guys who design furniture and visual items likely don't code game mechanics like the Devs do.</p>

Sprin
09-07-2011, 01:52 PM
<p>There is no PVP dev... hasn't been for a long time... we associate Oilhin as the "PVP dev" cuz a couple years ago he said he was, but he got moved and is no longer the PVP dev and there is NO pvp dev, but they sure aren't gonna go out and say it officially, cuz we would rage... so they just ignore us and we have no Dev at all...</p><p>PVP is dead on this game, move along to other games like the rest of the world....</p>

Wytie
09-07-2011, 06:18 PM
<p>Except for negative nancy above me, pvp is far from dead. Since they killed BG's its been out all over in T9.</p><p>Neglecting the broken BG's has basically revive pvp on this server from what I can tell, its not even close to perfect but its def there.</p><p>NB4 ^ Raider rage.......</p>

Sprin
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Except for negative nancy above me, pvp is far from dead. Since they killed BG's its been out all over in T9.</p><p>Neglecting the broken BG's has basically revive pvp on this server from what I can tell, its not even close to perfect but its def there.</p><p>NB4 ^ Raider rage.......</p></blockquote><p>You can call me "Reality-Check Rita"... I tell it like it is</p><p>I guess that makes you "Living-in-la-la-land-Larry" if you think PVP is far from dead...</p><p>PVP is zerg fest during Warfields and "lets see how many PVE geared alts we can kill with a x4 PQ mob on them" during the PQ's...  </p><p>Just because those happen every hour doesn't make it any more real PVP then WF's... its all just choke point garbage... might as well be BG"s tbh... go to a zone at a given time in a given place and fight a bunch of people in PVE gear, collect ez mode tokens and come back in an hour when it starts again....sounds like a BG to me... maybe a bit longer on the wait between fights, I guess depending on the time of day..</p>

Crismorn
09-07-2011, 08:50 PM
<p>I get lots of pvp in WF's and Great Divide on my 90</p>

Sprin
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I get lots of pvp in WF's and Great Divide on my 90</p></blockquote><p>L2read? kkthnxbye</p>

Wytie
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM
<p>I never do PQ's in pve gear always 100% pvp gear. Why? Because I dont like to die to pvp. Interesting concept isnt it? Exp when I have prob the best pve gear on this server and yet i still choose do PQ's in pvp gear if im going to do them.</p><p>You can go to ANY T9 zone and find pvp. Will you always find it? Nope but its there, mostly on the weekends which is when i mostly pvp, and appearently the rest of the server. Could there be more? Sure always, but to say its dead is flat out wrong, well atleast as long as BG's stay jacked up. Its ok I know you like to cry so have at it :p</p>

Sprin
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I never do PQ's in pve gear always 100% pvp gear. Why? Because I dont like to die to pvp. Interesting concept isnt it? Exp when I have prob the best pve gear on this server and yet i still choose do PQ's in pvp gear if im going to do them.</p><p>You can go to ANY T9 zone and find pvp. Will you always find it? Nope but its there, mostly on the weekends which is when i mostly pvp, and appearently the rest of the server. Could there be more? Sure always, but to say its dead is flat out wrong, well atleast as long as BG's stay jacked up. Its ok I know you like to cry so have at it :p</p></blockquote><p>And you like to make up ficticious numbers and bend truths and create false facts to "prove" your point... so have at it I guess :p</p>

Balrok
09-08-2011, 03:32 AM
<p>Ghettoblaster, at what point do you not see that you are a worse cancer then any hacker, zerger, grif afker or terrible dev.  They are trying to PvP and finding PvP.  You just pay a sub and complain on forums.  You even suggest new players to not even bother.  Go away already.</p>

gdawg311
09-08-2011, 06:22 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Ghettoblaster, at what point do you not see that you are a worse cancer then any hacker, zerger, grif afker or terrible dev.  They are trying to PvP and finding PvP.  You just pay a sub and complain on forums.  You even suggest new players to not even bother.  Go away already.</p></blockquote><p>+1</p>

Sprin
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Ghettoblaster, at what point do you not see that you are a worse cancer then any hacker, zerger, grif afker or terrible dev.  They are trying to PvP and finding PvP.  You just pay a sub and complain on forums.  You even suggest new players to not even bother.  Go away already.</p></blockquote><p>At least I dont come on here and tell people to go out and exploit, cuz its the only PVP there is... like you...</p><p>I would rather them go find another game so maybe the Dev's see that the numbers are dropping insanely low and actually do something about the problem,</p><p>I guess you just want people to come to the game and run around hacking and destroy the game even more...   </p><p>SOE doesn't care about exploiters because they make up 90% of the population, obviously by the way you and the other junkers talk on here... so they would rather see exploiters pay the tab then not... I would rather new players go to a different game so maybe Dev's are forced to do something... </p>

Balrok
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
<p>How do you know any of this btw?  You don't PvP, don't want to, say it's terrible, say 90% the pop are hackers, tell people to leave the game.... you are nothing more then a forum troll trying to kill what's left.  People leave, dev's get less funds and less resources to focus on anything but PvE.  They will focus on what little is left and that's crafters and raiders and nothing will change for the PvP better.</p><p>Just got done with an hour fight at WF.  No zerging, no hacking... .just people fighting, dieing, getting rezed, dieing, fame loss/gaining, chests dropping/looting till finally a side came out on top.  I need an hour break so I don't get carple tunnel and I'm looking forward to the next round.  If I did want to continue, I'd run over to Great Divide... yes there is a PQ, but you can do the PQ with PvP Gear and PvP.  PvP is PvP.... call it choke points if you will, but it's there.  Or you can go to SF or Velious zones and track down the questers if that's your thing.  We are almost a year into an expansion, choke points for PvP is what happens without new content.</p><p>There is more open world PvP in this game now then any other MMO on the market.  And this statement that 90% of the pop are hackers is absurd.  You have no clue if you think we are all hackers cause one or two people drop a mount to kill an afker.</p>

Sprin
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>How do you know any of this btw?  You don't PvP,</p></blockquote><p>You dont know me.....   L2read other posts I guess? </p>

Twinbladed
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
<p><span style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: #000000; font-size: medium;"><table style="border: 2px solid #756e9d;" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td ><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">From:</span></td><td colspan="2" width="100%"><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;"><a class="nav" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/user/profile.m?user_id=307626">Olihin</a></span></td></tr><tr><td ><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">To:</span></td><td colspan="2" width="100%"> </td></tr><tr><td ><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">Date:</span></td><td colspan="2" width="100%"><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">08/10/2011 12:18:04</span></td></tr><tr><td ><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">Subject:</span></td><td width="100%"><span style="font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;">PvP Issues Inquiry</span></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" valign="top"><span style="font-size: 12px; color: #ffffff;"><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Greetings,</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Can you please make me a list of bugs that you see need to be addressed?</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Please try to not put in flavor text, since I will be forwarding the information to our new lead. </p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Thank you very much!</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: x-large; color: #ff0000;">Olihin</span></p></span></td></tr></tbody></table></span></p>

Twinbladed
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
<p>In short reply no he is not the lead on the pvp issue's</p>

Sprin
09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>In short reply no he is not the lead on the pvp issue's</p></blockquote><p>Yup, and im willing to bet the barn there is no "new lead" its just a bunch of smoke and mirrors...</p><p>Thats why they havn't released PVP weapons / jewelry in over a year for over half of this expansion... and why they overlooked all PVP gear with the recent "revamp" of old gear...</p><p>No PVP dev... Im betting life savings that with the new expansion there will be nothing PVP related either... no new gear / weapons / jewelry / fixes etc....</p><p>Like I say, PVP is dead here, and they are putting the nail in the coffin for us</p>