PDA

View Full Version : Can we have KOS/EOF pvp back please?

Surculus
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
<p>PVP in this game seems to have slid downhill since KOS/EOF. Nice to have it back.....</p>

Neskonlith
09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
<p>Are you talking about end-game PVP, as in lvl90?</p><p>There would need to be a way to disable Shadow and Heroic tree AAs and all blue stats, and limit procs to only PVP or what can be found in KoS/EoF raid zones.</p><p>PVP like that would perhaps become less gear, more player.</p>

Sprin
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>PVP in this game seems to have slid downhill since KOS/EOF. Nice to have it back.....</p></blockquote><p>It would be, I miss it too.. but alas, it will never happen and PVP as we know it is dead and gone...</p>

Ayaka
09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>PVP in this game seems to have slid downhill since KOS/EOF. Nice to have it back.....</p></blockquote><p>It would be, I miss it too.. but alas, it will never happen and PVP as we know it is dead and gone...</p></blockquote><p>Is "dead and gone" all you can say? You can linger on the thought of "PvP was always better back when...", and tell newer members to Naggy on this forum that it is not even worth trying anymore.. but there is actually a decent amount PvP going on in many of the major overland zones (Great Divide, KP) ever since the battlegrounds were screwed over. Yes, KP is the more "zerg" or large group PvP type, but wandering Great Divide for decent PvP will show you that there are other solo'ers or duo'ers that are seeking the same thing.</p><p>Sure, PvP isn't amazing, and it isn't what it honestly could be if the time was taken by the supposed PvP Dev to improve it. Telling newer players that it is dead is wrong, though, and is not helping our situation =/</p>

Kimber
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
<p>TBH while we could not get back to KOS or EOF PvP as Blue Stats are to into the gear.  Changing the gear to resemble TSO gear ( basicly the PvE equiv of T1 or T2 Raid gear but still best for PvP ) and make the T4 Raid gear equiv to the MC PvP gear.  Things might turn around some.  Granted we will prolly never see a population like we had before SF release but it might get more people out fighting as it would be less gear to ""grind out""</p>

Sprin
09-08-2011, 01:49 PM
<p><cite>Ayaka wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>PVP in this game seems to have slid downhill since KOS/EOF. Nice to have it back.....</p></blockquote><p>It would be, I miss it too.. but alas, it will never happen and PVP as we know it is dead and gone...</p></blockquote><p>Is "dead and gone" all you can say? You can linger on the thought of "PvP was always better back when...", and tell newer members to Naggy on this forum that it is not even worth trying anymore.. but there is actually a decent amount PvP going on in many of the major overland zones (Great Divide, KP) ever since the battlegrounds were screwed over. Yes, KP is the more "zerg" or large group PvP type, but wandering Great Divide for decent PvP will show you that there are other solo'ers or duo'ers that are seeking the same thing.</p><p>Sure, PvP isn't amazing, and it isn't what it honestly could be if the time was taken by the supposed PvP Dev to improve it. Telling newer players that it is dead is wrong, though, and is not helping our situation =/</p></blockquote><p>People are just used to the zerg point WF style BS we have now, and think that is "PVP"... and its not, its a BG in a bigger map... because 5 minutes after a WF or PQ ends, the zone is either completely empty of one faction or both or there is an ongoing fight between 2 stacked groups that will probably result in either</p><p>A: a stalemate and everyone just leaves</p><p>B: one faction or both calling in more numbers to help with the rez zerg fest until one faction overwhelms the other,</p><p>then everyone calls back to guild hall and seraches the broker, or does an instance, until a few minutes before the next WF / PQ....  </p><p>Go out at 30 min past any hour, there is nothing... people only go to G D and / or KP because there is a WF or PQ about to happen and they know there will be a bunch of easy targets or the same old group standing near a tower or the x4 waiting for someone to try to engage them...</p><p>Going to a zerg point to gank the PVE'rs or to rez zerg and do blue AOE's isn't PVP.. im sorry you think it is... that is what Naggy has been reduced to... thats all Naggy will ever be from here on out...</p><p>I dont wish it were KoS / EoF pvp days due to the mechanics or the class or gear changes, I wish it were those days because PVP actually existed back then... before PVP writs and instant travel everywhere, and 400 instances to disapear into, and flying / leaping mounts, and WF's and PQ's, and BGs... everything that destroyed openworld PVP....</p><p>I'm truely sorry if you think going to a zone every hour on the hour and killing a couple people in the same spot and then calling back to guild hall only to repeat it an hour later is "pvp".... I guess either you didn't PVP back when, or you have forgoten what true PVP really is and are just bending over and letting the worthless "PVP Dev" dictate when and where you should kill the same people over and over every hour...</p>

Twinbladed
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
<p>PvP=</p><p>I don't know my class, I don't like to use Immunity pots,nor can I afford to use cat totems. I don't feel like farming pvp tokens to get gear, and bg's are going down hill soooo, I'm just going to pve, if I die in pvp I'll just revive and use my immunity to get me to the bird and go hide in a zone. </p><p>I got a title, I'm going to sit in a full group and only fight when I know I'm 100% positive I can win.</p><p>Well that class over there is hard to kill for me so I'll just wait till I see someone fighting pve stuff.</p><p>This bird is comfortable on my @$$ and wait till someone engages someone come down fight and go back to my bird. Then you got, I'm going to get flag for the wf and sit wayyyyyy up in the air. (what is the point of getting gear when your not going use it?)</p><p>I can name the people I see on my hands that are out pvping all the time in my tz, that's sad, and what makes it worse is half of them refuse to fight. In open world pvp, 90% of the people on the server don't pvp. If that rare person in the guild took there players out to pvp more it would help a lot more than soe is going to. The downfall of pvp is the players, it's that simple. You can't put it on soe. The reason all the changes happen was players complaining. The people who sit on birds, soe did not force them to sit on birds it's a choice. The people who only pve on a pvp server, again it's the players choice. I don't understand why majority of players do that, I will never know why a title makes the diff in engaging a target. Every class in this game has it's ups and downs, or else there wouldn't always be an exceptional player to each one. If your not sure, ask the player with your class who does it well. In long run yeah I have had a few more targets but you got to kind of face the fact people mentally down themself before they even go out to pvp. It's not about having fun anymore. It's all about winning, but on that level a lot of people refuse to take even the slightest risk.</p>

Sprin
09-09-2011, 02:08 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>PvP=</p><p>I don't know my class, I don't like to use Immunity pots,nor can I afford to use cat totems. I don't feel like farming pvp tokens to get gear, and bg's are going down hill soooo, I'm just going to pve, if I die in pvp I'll just revive and use my immunity to get me to the bird and go hide in a zone. </p><p>I got a title, I'm going to sit in a full group and only fight when I know I'm 100% positive I can win.</p><p>Well that class over there is hard to kill for me so I'll just wait till I see someone fighting pve stuff.</p><p>This bird is comfortable on my @$$ and wait till someone engages someone come down fight and go back to my bird. Then you got, I'm going to get flag for the wf and sit wayyyyyy up in the air. (what is the point of getting gear when your not going use it?)</p><p>I can name the people I see on my hands that are out pvping all the time in my tz, that's sad, and what makes it worse is half of them refuse to fight. In open world pvp, 90% of the people on the server don't pvp. If that rare person in the guild took there players out to pvp more it would help a lot more than soe is going to. The downfall of pvp is the players, it's that simple. You can't put it on soe. The reason all the changes happen was players complaining. The people who sit on birds, soe did not force them to sit on birds it's a choice. The people who only pve on a pvp server, again it's the players choice. I don't understand why majority of players do that, I will never know why a title makes the diff in engaging a target. Every class in this game has it's ups and downs, or else there wouldn't always be an exceptional player to each one. If your not sure, ask the player with your class who does it well. In long run yeah I have had a few more targets but you got to kind of face the fact people mentally down themself before they even go out to pvp. It's not about having fun anymore. It's all about winning, but on that level a lot of people refuse to take even the slightest risk.</p></blockquote><p>You can't just blame it all on the players... SOE introduced things directly for PVE convenience that had a HUGE negative impact on PVP...   you can't expect one person to use no mounts and sit at a dock for 5 minutes waiting for a ship to come to pick them up if the person they are trying to kill is on a 200 speed mount and is bell hopping...</p><p>People use what they are given, and what they are given was designed for ease of PVE content... all the easy travel systems that destroyed openworld PVP, the mounts, the instances to disapear into....</p><p>Added on top of that the moronic ideas of PVP writs and BG's and WF's and PQ's....   just destruction...  </p><p>Add on top of that a "PVP Dev" that didn't bother to release any new PVP weapons / jewelry, so the PVE items in those slots are FAR superior to PVP in... and the PVP MC armor is about 90% as good as the openworld PVP gear...   So you can get raid weapons / jewelry and PVP MC armor and dominate PVP.....    PVE weapons / jewelry hit twice as hard, give you all the Crit chance you need and give you about 10k+ more HP then someone wearing all old PVP stuff...  not to mention the fact that PVP stats werent COMPLETELY split from PVE, so you can still stack up on DPS / Haste / Cast speed etc mods on the far superior PVE items and lose only a little worthless Toughness....</p><p>WT F....   just ugh...</p>

HerbertWalker
09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
<p>It is NEVER the fault of the players.   People are people.   The game is supposed to be built for the people.</p><p>So if people tend to hide on a bird, THEN YOU DON'T GIVE THEM BIRDS.</p><p>A good PvP Dev would remember that we are ANIMALS with instinct and customs - and we are very predicatble.   So there is really no excuse for some of these designs.</p>

Khiah
09-09-2011, 07:09 PM
<p>Heres how my experiences in pvp seem to go .. thats when I find it and its usually by accident. Was on my under aa and no geared inquis (lvl84) grinding aa when a lvl 90 approaches who was a fury I was fighting a mob and yes they actually sat back waiting for me to finish which I thought was cool. We were fighting for no kidding 6 minutes when we were both out of power when their health began dropping in red they.. took off.. why be so 'honorable' to wait til im done fighting a mob but when you begin to die you run away? I had fully expected to die, being so undergeared and 164 aa. Makes no sense, then most of the time if I find pvp its only if they have a grp and Im solo do they fight or they run away. Its frustration like that, that has killed pvp for me. The gear crap and grind was a bit annoying but, didnt kill pvp for me. The only thing I could see that would 'fix' pvp is not related to aa, would have to be drop the faction grind for gear its only frustrating. Make it so when you are engaged in pvp and run away or leave the area before its finished you lose something, kinda like duel if you leave the area you forfeit the match. Oh and get rid of the current titles.</p>

Twinbladed
09-10-2011, 04:18 AM
<p>Yeah due to the fact it has become obvious that they will never fix pvp and people will never play the game, I am more than likely about to take a break or sale my account either or, I am so bored with the system and I can not stand pve, so more than likely when my sub is up I'm gone. This has got to the point of stupidity with players being like they are and soe not given 2 $hits about it</p>

Surculus
09-26-2011, 11:35 PM
<p><cite>Neskonlith wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Are you talking about end-game PVP, as in lvl90?</p><p>There would need to be a way to disable Shadow and Heroic tree AAs and all blue stats, and limit procs to only PVP or what can be found in KoS/EoF raid zones.</p><p>PVP like that would perhaps become less gear, more player.</p></blockquote><p>Love for pvp to go back to player skill based. It doesn't mean so much that those tree's need to be deactivated but back to a time where pvp gear didn't make it the end all be all. Back when there wasn't stupid token farming with writs, warfields and BG's.</p><p>Main problem is that this old fashioned PVP has been taking a lot of hits over the years of making everything else easier. 500 million flight and transport paths, guild flags, the ability to port into a number of different places into any one zone, rediculous immunity timers. I remember having to run through a zone, wait for the spires, run through another zone to get to the destination. You use to pick up a lot of group on group, one on one and raid on raid pvp this way from this alone.</p><p>Personally I'd trade all these ease of access items for the "good ol' days" again.</p>

Sprin
09-27-2011, 02:36 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Yeah due to the fact it has become obvious that they will never fix pvp and people will never play the game, I am more than likely about to take a break or sale my account either or, I am so bored with the system and I can not stand pve, so more than likely when my sub is up I'm gone. This has got to the point of stupidity with players being like they are and soe not given 2 $hits about it</p></blockquote><p>Go to SWTOR like a huge % of Naggy population is...</p><p>EQ2 PVP is dead and gone, forever based on the lack of SOE giving a rats patootie... i mean look at these forums, sure there are just a few vocal people here, but I guarantee 100% of the people here have had these discussions with every one of the people they play with on a regular basis and 100% of their friends agree partially or fully with what they post... its a shame Oilihin doesnt give a wha-wha... so he gets to tell his boss that he lost 100's of subs to Star Wars due SOELY to the fact he ignored the PVP server for a full expansion... and im sure there will be far more following seeing as he has no plans to do anything else with PVP in the future... grats bro, grats on single handedly destroying a server...</p>

Jacquotte
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
<p>the amazing pvp experience that was eq2 in kos/eof has been exchanged for some bluebie carebear BS to accomodate all the whiners</p><p>srsly.. just make a kos/eof locked pvp server and you can keep your broken game on naggy</p>