PDA

View Full Version : Group Wards of Shamans are they really useful in a group/raid fighting another Group/Raid?

sargonnath
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
<p>Hello!</p><p>At level 35, my Defiler has the <em>Carrion Warding</em>, a group ward that protect group members against 1,100 damage points. You know that is spell is fairly long to cast, as it takes five seconds to be produced.</p><p>I have two questions:</p><p><strong>1)</strong> When I am in a raid, provided I am near members of differents groups, the spell text informs me that the group ward has been applied on several groups at the same time - in a single cast - which seems to me rather impressive and useful. But is it the truth?</p><p><strong>2)</strong> Group(s) is/are protected against 1,100 damage points. But is each player protected for such amount or is the protection splited among groups members (for average 180 points a member), meaning that a warlock casting an AOE spell that would do 200 damage points to each member of my group would therefore blast my ward with this single AOE?</p><p>Regards,</p><p>Sargonnath.</p>

Silverzx
08-16-2011, 03:42 PM
<p>it only affects the group you're in and its a shared amount.  would be too overpowered otherwise.</p>

Greggthegrmreapr
08-16-2011, 04:00 PM
<p>The spell only works for the group that you are in, and that amount is shared by the whole group provided they are in range.  If the tank gets hit for 900 and someone else for 200, then the ward is gone.</p><p>The only wards a defiler has that affect those in other groups in the raid are the single target ward and the totem pet (forget the name of the spell as I went back to mystic a year or so ago)</p><p>Also your dog ward procs affect the whole group as well as the Ancestral Rage ward if you put points into it at higher levels.</p>