PDA

View Full Version : In coming Mercs to a server near you

Kimber
07-08-2011, 06:09 AM
<p>As it says they are putting Mercs in the game.  I would guess that this will be on all servers and well given track records it will not be fully tested for PvP ala in combat evac/casting while falling/mount canceling/new leaper mounts and all that.</p><p>I would suggest that Mercs not be added to any of the Red servers as things stand.  This is just my preferance though.  Agree with me or disagree is up to ya'll.  I would like to see an in game Poll on this just for the Red servers so that we may vote as it will effect our server in differant ways that Blue servers.  If it is not possable to put an ingame Poll in then at least make one here in the forums so that you can get at least an idea of how the server feels about this before it is implimented.</p><p>I am sorry if this seems like a ""sky is falling "" post but personaly I can see this being a game breaker for many people.</p><p>Tell us what you think Olihin</p>

Darq
07-08-2011, 06:18 AM
<p>add it, games gone to hell anyway</p>

Hilt
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>As it says they are putting Mercs in the game.  I would guess that this will be on all servers and well given track records it will not be fully tested for PvP ala in combat evac/casting while falling/mount canceling/new leaper mounts and all that.</p><p>I would suggest that Mercs not be added to any of the Red servers as things stand.  This is just my preferance though.  Agree with me or disagree is up to ya'll.  I would like to see an in game Poll on this just for the Red servers so that we may vote as it will effect our server in differant ways that Blue servers.  If it is not possable to put an ingame Poll in then at least make one here in the forums so that you can get at least an idea of how the server feels about this before it is implimented.</p><p>I am sorry if this seems like a ""sky is falling "" post but personaly I can see this being a game breaker for many people.</p><p>Tell us what you think Olihin</p></blockquote><p>Mercs won't be used for PVP.</p>

Sprin
07-08-2011, 01:03 PM
<p>Are they useable in openworld? or just in instances?  Where is the info about them from an official source?</p>

Khiah
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
<p>This has been my big question since hearing this last night, hows it going to effect pvp. Will they just go away when flagged for pvp? Or be allowed to stay in grp while in cb for pvp. Might not be a bad thing tho.. very well could repopulate the open world pvp. They wont be as good as a real player, but knowing you have a healer to toss a couple heals or a dirge to buff your sin/ranger whatever may make ya feel a bit better about getting out there again.</p>

Balrok
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
<p>I played EQ1 again cause of mercs for about 5 days.  Do whatever it takes to draw back the populations.  They'll be used for solo'ing instances primarily, so no PvP big deal.  The hidden will stay hidden.</p>

Kimber
07-08-2011, 09:29 PM
<p>There is no offical word on how they will be implimented just that they are on the way.  From what I gather in EQ1 they are usable in open zones so I would guess they would be the same for us here in EQ2. </p><p>I ask again for Olihin to give us some more info and please put in a poll with some options on how they could be used before this change is pushed to us.</p><p>I personaly do not want to see them on the server at all but I am just 1 person and while I am sure some agree with me I have no delusions that I am the voice of the majority here so lets see an ingame poll on this please.  As I said before I can see this being very bad for the Red servers ( or at least Naggy )</p>

IcterusGalbula
07-11-2011, 05:19 AM
<p>What's a Merc?</p>