PDA

View Full Version : Rocks?

kelvmor
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
<p>There was some rough/crude stone-type items brought in with TSO a few years back. But, there seemed to be a glaring problem with them, particularly the rough stone table; there seemed to be an invisible rectangular barrier around it. I had planned to use them for a mine/tunnel idea, but there were problems with sizing and placing. So, I ask for a simple house item. A plain boulder-shaped rock. Like the Oggokian chairs, but all rounded with maybe a couple flat sides, and without the purple.</p>

Masako
03-19-2011, 08:03 PM
<p>Hehe, good timing with this request! I was JUST wishing for the same thing for a project I'm currently working on. So I'll second the request for a simple boulder-type rock!</p>

kelvmor
03-19-2011, 09:07 PM
<p>While I'm at it, it'd be awesome if it were made as a Handcrafted level 1 or 10 item or something, so I could cheaply produce a lot of them.</p>

kelvmor
04-09-2011, 01:44 AM
<p>Bump, because this is still a fantastic idea. Please? :D</p>

Katz
04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
<p>Good idea.  I also like the idea of making them a low level item.</p>

Andowen
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
<p>I would love some plain rocks too</p>

Farahn
04-10-2011, 01:09 PM
<p>I'm not at all supportive of getting something for nothing so I think it would be fabulous to incorporate a quest....there's lots of reconstruction happening all over the lands......I'd move rocks as a daily quest for a while in order to gain tokens or contract worker faction in order to have access to a rock merchant.  lol  </p><p>That invisible barrier around those "tables" and "benches" require some planning when trying to use  them as parts of construction.  I've wasted enough time in the past by building, tearing down and rebuilding again. Now it is EMBEDDED in my brain muscle memory that I must build from the top down so I can raise the lower layer into the bottom of the layer above. </p>

kelvmor
04-10-2011, 01:39 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm not at all supportive of getting something for nothing so I think it would be fabulous to incorporate a quest....there's lots of reconstruction happening all over the lands......I'd move rocks as a daily quest for a while in order to gain tokens or contract worker faction in order to have access to a rock merchant.  lol  </p><p>That invisible barrier around those "tables" and "benches" require some planning when trying to use  them as parts of construction.  I've wasted enough time in the past by building, tearing down and rebuilding again. Now it is EMBEDDED in my brain muscle memory that I must build from the top down so I can raise the lower layer into the bottom of the layer above. </p></blockquote><p>Now, they -could- do this when they revamp Freeport and Qeynos, but the merchant would have to sell a low-level recipe to make the rocks along with just selling them. Or, instead of waiting that long, they could just throw a few plain boulders/rocks into the low-level tradeskill recipes. They have a habit of giving us some things for nothing; like when they did the weaponsmith recipe revamp and added in a whole bunch of weapons that weren't there before, like katanas and war mauls and such.</p><p><sarcasm>Besides, that's EXACTLY what this game needs; more faction grinding.</sarcasm> Ugh.</p>

Katz
04-10-2011, 02:52 PM
<p>They've added recipes in before...the fences, hitching posts, and troughs for example.</p>

Bruji
04-10-2011, 04:33 PM
No more grinding PLEASE

KynnVea
04-11-2011, 01:55 AM
<p>I'm not a particular fan of the grinding for single house items, particularly when it comes to something as simple as what Ulgrim is requesting.  By all means, rocks are everywhere.  They shouldn't take a lot of time and effort to acquire when realistically you should be able to walk out into the wilderness and come back with one.  Adding them in for grottos I could tolerate.</p><p>But I think it would be a little less painful if it was done Wantia-Collection style, or if you received a recipe book at the end of said low-level questline.  Maybe the quest is about differentiating between different kinds of rock? Rather like the low level harvesting tradeskiller quest.  A hunt and gather, identify-your-rocks quest that rewards you with a recipe book with a few different low level items you can craft.</p><p>Personally, there's a lot of quested house item rewards and I think those kinds of things should probably be saved for things that are a little more unique than rocks. (The lost soul at the end of Darklight, for example.)</p><p>But I would like some more landscaping items overall.  I'll grin and bear it if it ends up being grindy.  But surely there are alternatives to faction grinding?!</p>

Katz
04-11-2011, 07:40 AM
<p>Since the rocks would be used for construction, a recipe would be best.  Otherwise if you get one rock here and there, they won't be that useful in construction.</p>