PDA

View Full Version : Flying Mounts

Misschifz
03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
<p>Now that we've had flying mounts for a time, there's a couple of things I would like to see improved or changed. One is, you should be able to self buff in flight, seems kind of silly that you can't use your own buffs while in flight. The other is the choices we are give for flying mounts.  Personally I like the look of the "commerical" flights myself, the ones we get to choose from are...well...okay I suppose but truly lack sparkle or imagination.</p><p>I came from World of Warcraft where they've had flying mounts for some time, some races can morph into a bird, the Druids for example, so why can't say the fae who already come with wings get the right to fly without a griffon? Yes you'd have to do a quest line to get the ability for flight but how hard could that be? I realize the amount of work that went into making flight possible in EQ2, but now that it's done how about some fine tuning and a few more options for how we fly?</p><p>cheers!</p><p>Misschifz</p>

das2000uk
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
<p>Very nice points there.</p><p>I like the ideas of shamys being able to morph into a bird etc.  Would love to see this implemented, also yeah goes without saying really for the fae.</p>

Brigh
03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Fae don't fly because they can't. It has always been said their wings are only fit to glide.

Inyore
03-20-2011, 01:21 PM
<p>I created a vampire so I could get the bats as a mount. I even paid the 30 dollars for the ability and started my grind at crafting her on up to lvl. Now that I am there I find there is no tradeskill questline to give me to the ability to fly. That is bullpucky. I actually PAID money and cannot get the same options for a mount as anyone else that just pays the monthly subscription. Who do I bring this issue up with? Where do I post a complaint?</p>

Cusashorn
03-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah. The Fae and Arasai can't fly. They don't have any muscles in their wings to provide it. This is how the lore is built for them. It's also intentionally part of the design behind flight that you cannot use any abilities at all, buffs or otherwise. I don't know if this is something that can be changed, but I'd rather not see anything changed. No combat while flying is just fine with me, and so is no buffing.

Maisland
03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
<p>My only issues with the flying mounts are:</p><ul><li>You can't use a ground mount in the apearance tab (I think it would be cool to ride a flying unicorn).</li><li>They don't have the buffs that a ground mount has and it is a hassle to switch between them.</li><li>They don't fly level... it's like they are always trying to land.</li></ul>

yohann koldheart
03-20-2011, 08:07 PM
<p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p> Now that I am there I find there is no tradeskill questline to give me to the ability to fly. That is bullpucky. I actually PAID money and cannot get the same options for a mount as anyone else that just pays the monthly subscription. Who do I bring this issue up with? Where do I post a complaint?</p></blockquote><p>yes there is,  you do the same tradeskill mount quest as everyone else and get the griff mount to fly.</p><p>the cloud of bat mount is a adventure quest, wich means its a level 86+ adventure quest.</p>

yohann koldheart
03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My only issues with the flying mounts are:</p><ul><li>They don't fly level... it's like they are always trying to land.</li></ul></blockquote><p>yes they do , if you steer with your mouse  you can fly level...</p>

MurFalad
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My only issues with the flying mounts are:</p><ul><li>They don't fly level... it's like they are always trying to land.</li></ul></blockquote><p>yes they do , if you steer with your mouse  you can fly level...</p></blockquote><p>Agreed, and I think its a subtle but good (imo) part of the flying mount design, you cannot just hit num lock and go afk while your mount gets you there, but at the same time its not a joust style struggling to stay on course, I think they've gotten the design done very well here.</p>

Nayurayne
03-20-2011, 10:48 PM
<p>You do not have to steer with your mouse. You can fly strait normally too. Your camera has to be behind the character though. I mean directly behind. Also when I say camera I mean the keyboard keys and not the hold down and drag the mouse around way. I play on a laptop, so I've never flown with the mouse.</p>

Polladyn
03-21-2011, 04:24 AM
<p>If you hit your spacebar it will make you go up, hold it down when you are flying, and you will gain elevation. </p>

nitrous
03-21-2011, 10:02 AM
<p><cite>Nayukhuut wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You do not have to steer with your mouse. You can fly strait normally too. Your camera has to be behind the character though. I mean directly behind. Also when I say camera I mean the keyboard keys and not the hold down and drag the mouse around way. I play on a laptop, so I've never flown with the mouse.</p></blockquote><p>Ok you do not have to use your mouse at all for flying. I know so are more keyboard driven players and some more mouse driven. For the keyboard types just press your autorun in flight. It will fly straight and level then all you need to do is navigate the remaining directions. Up, Down, Left, Right.</p>

Exara
03-21-2011, 11:19 AM
<p>Faes are creatures of magic, they don`t need wings to fly, the devs could just made it so that the magic within the fae got stronger when they came to Velious. Option number 2 is that they learn how to fly while they are in that special magic form of theirs.</p>

Wasuna
03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
<p>If you play in 3rd person then you can change you view with your Page Up/Page Down keys and then if you click your forward arrow again it will reorient your mount to match you new view. This means you can change your angle as you fly. You can do that with the mouse also but I use the keys.</p>

Inyore
03-21-2011, 12:08 PM
<p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p>

Cusashorn
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Flying in 3rd person is rather annoying. It would be nice to continue flying in a straight path while you steer from a 3rd person view that lets you look down on the ground and observe everything.

Diamyr
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
<p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I don't get where you think you're being ripped off and other people are getting something you can't.</p><p>This is not a hard concept:</p><p>- Gryphon 86 adventure or TS</p><p>- Bats 86 adventure</p><p>Saying you want bats to be 86 TS too is understandable but saying other people are getting things you aren't is just wrong. I might as well make a thread complaining about how other people are getting bat mounts and I don't have that option because my char is older than the vamp race is so i'm forced to buy a race change.</p><p>You're only [Removed for Content] about this because you grinded your TS expecting to get something that was never promised. That's not our fault, do your research next time.</p>

Brigh
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Faes are creatures of magic, they don`t need wings to fly</span>, the devs could just made it so that the magic within the fae got stronger when they came to Velious. Option number 2 is that they learn how to fly while they are in that special magic form of theirs.</p></blockquote><p>There are plenty "creatures of magic" in the game, and they don't all fly simply because of this presumption.</p>

Brigh
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
<p><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Flying in 3rd person is rather annoying. It would be nice to continue flying in a straight path while you steer from a 3rd person view that lets you look down on the ground and observe everything.</blockquote><p>It is very easy, at least with a mouse. You set up flying straight, then you can look around.</p>

Cusashorn
03-21-2011, 12:40 PM
<p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Faes are creatures of magic, they don`t need wings to fly</span>, the devs could just made it so that the magic within the fae got stronger when they came to Velious. Option number 2 is that they learn how to fly while they are in that special magic form of theirs.</p></blockquote><p>There are plenty "creatures of magic" in the game, and they don't all fly simply because of this presumption.</p></blockquote><p>Besides, the Fae aren't just creatures of magic. They may be imbued with it, but they're still flesh and blood biological beings who have to obey the laws of physics.</p>

Vaylan77
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
<p>Thing with flying mounts - as always with new features - they are just put into the game without adapting the rest of the game to the new mechanic. Now you can easily fly with your low level char (which is a high level crafter) everywhere on the map where you could not walk before. Maps normally had a layout that they progressed. When you zoned in there where the easy mobs, the deeper you went into the map the better mobs there where, even some guards in front of doors in walls. Today you just fly over their heads, gain AA by exploring while doing so. You would assume that heavily guarded fortresses might also have guards watching the sky and firing arrows at stranges. Nope, that just watching the streets and don't mind if someone flies over their heads into the secret well guarded place.Also you are handicaped totally in air. Even if you just hover you cannot do anything. Not even switch the tracker, or just investigate a friendly player.And in PVP the flying mounts are just destroying the gameplay since they have removed engaging mechanics long time back (when I played and PVP was introduced you stepped off the mount and were engaged when one hit you - thus when you transfer that to flying mounts you could be shot off the mount - but you aren't).All in all flying mounts are not well thought through. Starting with the fact that I cannot make macros to easily switch between flying mount and ground mount with illusion to the fact that PVP with flying mounts is bad.</p>

Korrupt
03-22-2011, 11:17 AM
<p>The lore of fae's not being able to fly was made for the sole reason that SOE did not have flight as an option when the race was introduced. With flight now in the game fae's being to fly is a logical addition.</p><p>There used to be city restrictions on far more classes do to lore reasons also, that was dumped. Lore that is made up to follow current game mechanics is not law, when the game mechanics allows for those stories to be obsolete they should be updated.</p>

PlaneCrazy
03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
<p><cite>Factionz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I don't get where you think you're being ripped off and other people are getting something you can't.</p><p>This is not a hard concept:</p><p>- Gryphon 86 adventure or TS</p><p>- Bats 86 adventure</p><p>Saying you want bats to be 86 TS too is understandable but saying other people are getting things you aren't is just wrong. I might as well make a thread complaining about how other people are getting bat mounts and I don't have that option because my char is older than the vamp race is so i'm forced to buy a race change.</p><p>You're only [Removed for Content] about this because you grinded your TS expecting to get something that was never promised. <span style="font-size: medium;"><strong>That's not our fault, do your research next time.</strong></span></p></blockquote><p>Do your research?</p><p>Ummm.... SOE made no mention of the fact to people when they were taking their money that the cloud of bats would be 86+ adventure only.  In fact, they never even ONCE said that the whole expansion was 85+ only, with absolutely no content for people who were not 85 or higher in either adv or TS.  And don't give me BS from fanfaire.  I'm talking about official company statements, including, but not limited to, the pre-order description and their official website information.</p><p>In fact, during beta, all the flying mounts were restricted to 90. They even had "Level required: 90" tags on their description.  It was only at launch that they made them 85.</p><p>So maybe you should do your research before flaming somebody for having a legitimate complaint.</p>

LordPazuzu
03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
<p>I would be happy if we could just throw snowballs, fruitcake, and battle bread.  I want dogfights in my guild house yard... With the knockdowns forcing the mount to ground, so you can keep score.</p>

Onorem
03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
<p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I'm not against a tradeskill version of the bat flight quest. (though I still don't recognize feebloods as a legitimate class) Either way, you don't have to miss content to get your bats illusion post gryphon. You may have to skip it temporarily, but it's still there if you want it later.</p>

Zaldor
03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
<p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Factionz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I don't get where you think you're being ripped off and other people are getting something you can't.</p><p>This is not a hard concept:</p><p>- Gryphon 86 adventure or TS</p><p>- Bats 86 adventure</p><p>Saying you want bats to be 86 TS too is understandable but saying other people are getting things you aren't is just wrong. I might as well make a thread complaining about how other people are getting bat mounts and I don't have that option because my char is older than the vamp race is so i'm forced to buy a race change.</p><p>You're only [Removed for Content] about this because you grinded your TS expecting to get something that was never promised. <span style="font-size: medium;"><strong>That's not our fault, do your research next time.</strong></span></p></blockquote><p>Do your research?</p><p>Ummm.... SOE made no mention of the fact to people when they were taking their money that the cloud of bats would be 86+ adventure only.  In fact, they never even ONCE said that the whole expansion was 85+ only, with absolutely no content for people who were not 85 or higher in either adv or TS.  And don't give me BS from fanfaire.  I'm talking about official company statements, including, but not limited to, the pre-order description and their official website information.</p><p>In fact, during beta, all the flying mounts were restricted to 90. They even had "Level required: 90" tags on their description.  It was only at launch that they made them 85.</p><p>So maybe you should do your research before flaming somebody for having a legitimate complaint.</p></blockquote><p>I don't feel like researching anything related to this but, can you not use the bats as an appearance mount and get the TS grif?</p>

Chanson
03-22-2011, 05:35 PM
<p><cite>Zaldor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Factionz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I don't get where you think you're being ripped off and other people are getting something you can't.</p><p>This is not a hard concept:</p><p>- Gryphon 86 adventure or TS</p><p>- Bats 86 adventure</p><p>Saying you want bats to be 86 TS too is understandable but saying other people are getting things you aren't is just wrong. I might as well make a thread complaining about how other people are getting bat mounts and I don't have that option because my char is older than the vamp race is so i'm forced to buy a race change.</p><p>You're only [Removed for Content] about this because you grinded your TS expecting to get something that was never promised. <span style="font-size: medium;"><strong>That's not our fault, do your research next time.</strong></span></p></blockquote><p>Do your research?</p><p>Ummm.... SOE made no mention of the fact to people when they were taking their money that the cloud of bats would be 86+ adventure only.  In fact, they never even ONCE said that the whole expansion was 85+ only, with absolutely no content for people who were not 85 or higher in either adv or TS.  And don't give me BS from fanfaire.  I'm talking about official company statements, including, but not limited to, the pre-order description and their official website information.</p><p>In fact, during beta, all the flying mounts were restricted to 90. They even had "Level required: 90" tags on their description.  It was only at launch that they made them 85.</p><p>So maybe you should do your research before flaming somebody for having a legitimate complaint.</p></blockquote><p>I don't feel like researching anything related to this but, can you not use the bats as an appearance mount and get the TS grif?</p></blockquote><p><span >I don't believe you can use a non-flying mount as an appearance for a flying mount. Until he/she does the freeblood quest, the flying bats are in fact not really flying mounts. If he does the adventure griffon quest, the flying bats are still not really flying mounts. Since I'm a little bored here at work, and it seems pretty obvious that a quest must be done to turn the bats in to a flying mount, I googled 'Freeblood flying mount quest' and found a ton of information. There's quite a bit of information out there about it.</span></p>

Zaldor
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Zaldor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Factionz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Inyore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Scanki, the point being, I don't want a gryphon, I want the flying bats. I paid 30 bucks for the flying bats and now I do not have the same option as every paying subscriber (without paying extra cash) to get the flying bats by tradeskilling, so far it is only adventure quests. I know I can get a gryphon, I want the bats. I do not want to grind up to lvl 86 adventure and miss a lot of the content in game just to get there for the bats. I want to tradeskill for my bats, why was the option there for subscription and NOT for the folks paying 30 bucks extra?</p></blockquote><p>I don't get where you think you're being ripped off and other people are getting something you can't.</p><p>This is not a hard concept:</p><p>- Gryphon 86 adventure or TS</p><p>- Bats 86 adventure</p><p>Saying you want bats to be 86 TS too is understandable but saying other people are getting things you aren't is just wrong. I might as well make a thread complaining about how other people are getting bat mounts and I don't have that option because my char is older than the vamp race is so i'm forced to buy a race change.</p><p>You're only [Removed for Content] about this because you grinded your TS expecting to get something that was never promised. <span style="font-size: medium;"><strong>That's not our fault, do your research next time.</strong></span></p></blockquote><p>Do your research?</p><p>Ummm.... SOE made no mention of the fact to people when they were taking their money that the cloud of bats would be 86+ adventure only.  In fact, they never even ONCE said that the whole expansion was 85+ only, with absolutely no content for people who were not 85 or higher in either adv or TS.  And don't give me BS from fanfaire.  I'm talking about official company statements, including, but not limited to, the pre-order description and their official website information.</p><p>In fact, during beta, all the flying mounts were restricted to 90. They even had "Level required: 90" tags on their description.  It was only at launch that they made them 85.</p><p>So maybe you should do your research before flaming somebody for having a legitimate complaint.</p></blockquote><p>I don't feel like researching anything related to this but, can you not use the bats as an appearance mount and get the TS grif?</p></blockquote><p>I don't believe you can use a non-flying mount as an appearance for a flying mount. Until he/she does the freeblood quest, the flying bats are in fact not really flying mounts. If he does the adventure griffon quest, the flying bats are still not really flying mounts. Since I'm a little bored here at work, and it seems pretty obvious that a quest must be done to turn the bats in to a flying mount, I googled 'Freeblood flying mount quest' and found a ton of information. There's quite a bit of information out there about it.</p></blockquote><p>The More You Know TM</p>