PDA

View Full Version : Am I Going Crazy? (House Items and the Moving Crate)

Dreyco
03-05-2011, 06:28 AM
<p>A few months ago, I moved my character into a 6 room Gorowyn House and began decorating.  The house accrued a grand total of 950 items, and had another 150 in its moving crate.  The moving crate, of course, allowed me to keep things organized as I brought in items from the broker, inventory, and carpenter friends to finish the design.  By the time I was done, my house item limit count was 956 items and about 160 in the moving crate, bringing the grand total to over 1100 items being stored in the house itself.  My overall limit was 1000 in the house.  I had hundreds of items in the  moving crate, and always was above capacity with the items in the house and the items in the crate; just never for the items in the house by itself.</p><p>Recently, I got a wild hair, and decided that I wanted to try to decorate the skyblade skiff on this character.  Saving the layout of the house, I moved to the skiff after claiming it, and started hoping to put down a few items.  There were 0 items placed in the house proper, and of course, 1100 in the moving crate.</p><p>However, it wouldn't let me place anything.  It said that my house was at capacity.  I couldn't put anything down.</p><p>... That's strange.  Why wouldn't it let me do it here?  It let me do it back in my old house.  What's the difference?</p><p>Or am I crazy?</p>

Neversea
03-05-2011, 07:32 AM
<p>Well your limit is 1000 items, right?  That means you can have 1000 items placed int he -house- and 1000 items int he crate.  When you moved your crate count went over by 100 items.  So you are essentially using more room than you have.  With the moving crate full and overflowing it probably will not let you put items down until you get the crate back down to 1000 items or less.  It's like when your inventory overflows and you get everything going to that tiny icon?  Yeah annoying little thing.</p><p>But anyway, get that extra 100 items out of the crate and I bet ya you will be okay for setting things down.</p>

Senya
03-05-2011, 08:14 AM
<p><cite>Dreyco wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>A few months ago, I moved my character into a 6 room Gorowyn House and began decorating.  The house accrued a grand total of 950 items, and had another 150 in its moving crate.  The moving crate, of course, allowed me to keep things organized as I brought in items from the broker, inventory, and carpenter friends to finish the design.  By the time I was done, my house item limit count was 956 items and about 160 in the moving crate, bringing the grand total to over 1100 items being stored in the house itself.  My overall limit was 1000 in the house.  I had hundreds of items in the  moving crate, and always was above capacity with the items in the house and the items in the crate; just never for the items in the house by itself.</p><p>Recently, I got a wild hair, and decided that I wanted to try to decorate the skyblade skiff on this character.  Saving the layout of the house, I moved to the skiff after claiming it, and started hoping to put down a few items.  There were 0 items placed in the house proper, and of course, 1100 in the moving crate.</p><p>However, it wouldn't let me place anything.  It said that my house was at capacity.  I couldn't put anything down.</p><p>... That's strange.  Why wouldn't it let me do it here?  It let me do it back in my old house.  What's the difference?</p><p>Or am I crazy?</p></blockquote><p>The skyblade skiff if I recall has a default item limit of 600.  Plus your marketplace expander that moves with your character that brings it to 800.  If you added a crafted expander your total for the house could have been at a max of 900.  You should be able to move items out of the crate (not retrieve, but click move and place) but you can't add an item to the house proper until the moving crate is under whatever your current allowed count for the house is. </p><p>If you hadn't added a crafted expander that would have been 800 items, or if you had, 900 items.  Get your crate count down to under 800 (or 900 if you have the crafted expander on it already) including books - they don't count in the house, but they do count in the crate - and you should be able to place items in your house fine. </p><p>You can have the same amount in the crate that you do in the house but if either of them is overloaded you have to fix that first. </p><p>The reason you could place in your Gorowyn house is because you had not more than 1,000 (the limit) in the house, and not more than 1,000 (the limit) in the crate.  In the skiff your limits are different and they are all piled into the crate to start with, causing you to have one limit overloaded and therefore preventing you from adding more items.</p>

Dreyco
03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
<p><strong>Now</strong> i understand.</p><p>Thank you!</p>