PDA

View Full Version : Layout Editor and EQ2 thru Steam

WhiteTemptress
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
<p>I would like to try out the layout editor but I have hit a road block. I run EQ2 through Steam and so my saved layouts are not stored on my computer. Does anyone know how to access those files through Steam????? I can't seem to find anything about it.</p><p>I REALLY hope there is a solution to this problem!!! I want to get my hands on the editor!!</p><p>Thanks for the help!</p>

Bratface
02-21-2011, 04:31 PM
<p>Are you SURE they are not on your computer?</p><p>They do not have an extention such as .txt but you can find them by searching your hdd.</p><p>I don't know enough about steam to know if they use a different location than the default eq2 folders, but searching and then pointing the layout editor to the correct location should work.</p><p>If not, you can always load eq2 manually and save that way.</p>

Jesdyr
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
<p>Yah .. I have no idea what Steam would do with the files.</p>

Flamesong_Ravenheart
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
<p>Try this:</p><p>Harddrive Steam is installed on --> Program Files --> Steam --> steamapps --> common (possibly under the account name instead, but this is where mine got downloaded too) --> everquest 2</p><p>Also, if you run on Windows 7 it might be Program Files (x86) folder.</p>

Rijacki
03-10-2011, 10:58 PM
<p>You could try doing a file search in windows for either your server name or everquest2.exe or eq2.exe and then note the directory they're in.</p>