PDA

View Full Version : guess im a techtard but im having some problems with the layout editor...

GussJr
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
<p>This is my very first time trying to use the layout editor and I am having some problems. The guide says my layouts will be saved in a directory called saved_house_layouts  , but my computer has no such directory...I followed all the steps to finding it and its not there. Am i doing something wrong?</p>

Gzelle
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
<p>Depending on your OS the 2 most common paths to these files I have found are:  (but it IS possible to be somewhere else):</p><p>c:Program Files (x86)SonyEverQuest IIsaved_house_layouts </p><p>or</p><p>c:Program DataSony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesEverquest 2saved_house_layouts</p><p>it will all depend on where you installed the game and how.  </p><p>If you are trying to find them on the test server under the EverQuest II directory there will be an additional step  ...EverQuest 2 or (II) Test Serversaved_house_layouts.</p><p>Make sure you have show hidden files tagged in your control panel/folder options on your computer.</p><p>Make sure you are running the Layout Editor as the administrator.  (Edit - spelling)</p>

Gzelle
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
<p>OR... you could just come to class on test copy server tonight and I'll be glad to help you get started!!</p>

GussJr
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
<p>genius! Thanks! it was under the second path you listed. c: program data</p>

GussJr
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>OR... you could just come to class on test copy server tonight and I'll be glad to help you get started!!</p></blockquote><p>i still might do that too! thanks!</p>