PDA

View Full Version : Layout editor lagging

nataly
12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
<p>Hi everyone- I'm currently playing with the layout editor for the first time and I'm having an odd lag issue I can't seem to fix. I'll load the layout editor fine and it will run smoothly, but then after 1-2 file edits it starts acting really slow. Loading files takes several seconds and scrolling through the house items in the list takes forever as it constantly is refreshing itself (does that make sense?) It's like I'm scrolling too fast and the program takes awhile to catch up. My guildie who uses it doesn't have any problems, so im wondering if there's an option I missed?</p><p>Any help would be appreciated!</p>

Jesdyr
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
<p>have not heard of that problem... Try reinstalling .Net ?</p><p>Is everything else on the PC running slow at that point?</p>

Ashai
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
<p>I am by no means an adept with the layout editor, but this works for me.  If you know what it is you want to adjust by name, e.g. XYZPainting, then just type that name into the filter.  Check the "apply filter" and any items that aren't named that will disappear from the list.  When you save the layout, it will save everything in the editor, including that which you don't see, but it is much faster than scrolling through everything.When you do not want the filter applied, simply click the "clear filter" button. I hope this helps.     </p>