PDA

View Full Version : New stealth animations are making scout pvp much harder.

Ralpmet
08-18-2010, 07:33 PM
<p>Why does my toon completely vanish for 2-3 seconds when using stealth? This is completely game breaking in pvp for my assassin.</p><p>Let's say I'm fighting a necro on my assassin, he puts a dot on me, I stealth.</p><p>With the new animation, my toon COMPLETELY VANISHES for 2 seconds, and in those 2 seconds I'm bashing away on my stealth attacks, only to see that I haven't been in stealth at all the whole time.</p><p>Prior to this change we were able to see instantly if someone broke our stealth, and were able to reapply stealth with other abilities.</p><p>The main reason this is aggravating is because when you go into stealth you're autoattack turns off, and you've obviously got no desire to use combat arts that don't require stealth as a pre-req for casting. So you've essentially lost large chunks of time by the end of the pvp fight, simply because you're unaware of whether you're out of range for the spells or what.</p><p>Anyone else experience this?</p>

Wytie
08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
<p>Wow this update just keeps getting better.</p><p>I mean nothing really new for us except a new list of bugs to add to the old one they havent even fixed yet.</p><p>Im so excited about logging in I cant even wait....</p>

Guld_Ulrish
08-19-2010, 04:26 AM
<p>You char is always in the middle of the screen, and your CAs become red if you are out of range.</p>

Ralpmet
08-19-2010, 06:21 AM
<p><cite>Guld_Ulrish wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You char is always in the middle of the screen, and your CAs become red if you are out of range.</p></blockquote><p>Amazing, you completely solved my issues!</p><p>Oh, wait, no you didn't. Seeing as a majority of the places where pvp is there is enough lag that the 2 seconds i'm vanished the ca's still show they are valid when they aren't.</p><p>Anyone else having issues with it, or is it just me? I've kind of found work-arounds to it (only using stealth combat arts when people are stunned, that kind of thing)</p>

max.power
08-19-2010, 09:51 AM
<p><cite>Ralpmet wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Anyone else experience this?</p></blockquote><p>I don't think that I understand your problem. My stealth CAs are greyed out when I'm not in stealth so I notice it instantly when stealth gets interrupted...</p>

Brynhild
08-19-2010, 10:15 AM
<p>Hardcore pvpers don't stare at their hotbars, have everything set to a key, and watch the screen/animations of other players and stuff around them.</p><p>If this is true, then it will offset the timing most of us are used to.   Just the sounds alone with this update really are offsetting my timing.</p>

MaCloud1032
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Because its sooooo hard core to go to a WF and drop AE's. /eyeroll

NolaDragon
08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
<p>Let me get this straight ..... You become invisible to your self now?    Cool</p><p>I myself can see invis and stealth , hopefully that will be to my advantage now ... hehe</p><p>What Ive been getting sick of is this whole "No eligeable target" message</p><p>Question though , sort of related.    If my warden of the forest can see invis and stealth , What is it that my racial ability "sonic vision" see's? </p>

Ssue
08-19-2010, 04:12 PM
<p><cite>NolaDragon wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Question though , sort of related.    If my warden of the forest can see invis and stealth , What is it that my racial ability "sonic vision" see's? </blockquote><p>The dark.  The place I have found it useful is Sol Eye.</p>

Ralpmet
08-20-2010, 03:14 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Because its sooooo hard core to go to a WF and drop AE's. /eyeroll</blockquote><p>Because ae's hit reds, and there are so many even con or people within range that my whopping 2 aes (that both require stealth and are fairly short ranged) nets me a billion updates.</p><p>How about we don't troll random posts, and only people who have been effected by this post it. I've sort of worked around it, but it's still very dumb that I have to turn my graphics so low that I can't see spell animations anymore because that plays a big part in stun/stifle timing. Can we just remove the part of the animation that makes your toon completely disapear, at least on the pvp server?</p><p>For the edit:</p><p>You can catch me on my assassin in the following zones;</p><p>Zek, The orcish wastes</p><p>Everfrost</p><p>Enchanted Lands</p><p>Butcherblock Mountains</p><p>Kaladim</p><p>Runnyeye</p><p>The only time he's ever been to a wf was to help guildies get updates by picking off the stragglers on the outside of the main fight. </p><p>I don't understand why people can't make a legitimate post on this forum without having a bunch of morons come in and start trolling, like they know anything. I don't partake in the warfields because even though in t7+ q's have the advantage, at any point of the day you can see quite clearly in all of the zones listed that the freep's outnumber q's in t4-t5 pvp. That's why I've locked my assassin at 42, to kill greens/oranges in these zones.</p><p>Like you were told as a child, if you don't have something nice (in this case constructive) to say, don't say anything at all.</p>