PDA

View Full Version : Things I LIKE ...

EQ2Player
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
<p>I’d like to point out some things that I’ve decided I like, although for a while I thought I didn’t:</p><ol><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield PVP Participation Tokens:</strong></span> MMOs are competitive especially PVP Servers. Working around the house, feeding the kids, or just having EQ2 Minimized, I can snag 5 tokens while AFK. I like this. Many of us aging gamers are in our 30s, 40s, etc. with time requirements tied to life’s responsibilities that do not allow us to be as competitive as kids and 20- yearolds that Game all day.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>HEIRLOOM: </strong></span>I’m an atltaholic. Whatever character I’m playing, I know I can be fueling the advancement of any other character I may have. Excellent efficient use of game-time.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Marketplace:</strong></span> Whether I grind time in game, or grind time at work, the marketplace allows me the flexibility to translate my time to virtual items how I see fit. Time was expended, an item received.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP Writs:</strong></span> I like them. I don’t like the lopsided factions, but the writs are a great way to keep people grouped up for PVP. Remove that, and we get more Soloing which is an issue. They also provide Tokens which aid in upgrading character gear.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP GEAR/ITEMS: </strong></span>I don’t RAID. PVP items provide me a nice avenue for obtaining RAID level gear if I choose.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield Concept:</strong></span> Brings the two warring factions to a common battlefield. They’re great. More global Faction vs. Faction goals and events would be welcome.</li></ol><p>Plenty of constructive posts around promoting change. Many are negative…why not list some things we like about the systems/mechanics we have? I for one like these things and just wanted to point out some pros to them and say thanks. It has become too easy for voices around here to get things changed. Many that stay silent later find a game element we enjoyed just got nixed because of this forum.</p><p>What PVP/Game elements do you like?</p>

MaCloud1032
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Sadly none of the pvp things you like. I personaly feel writs/tokens(post eofish) killed pvp. The insainly lopsided player base shows it. Also the diffrences in gear is way to big. A 90 in full pvp gear can about oneshot a 89 where as a 89 can't even come close to one shotting say a 85 or even a 79

Shankapotomus
08-16-2010, 04:09 PM
<p><cite>EQ2Player wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I’d like to point out some things that I’ve decided I like, although for a while I thought I didn’t:</p><ol><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield PVP Participation Tokens:</strong></span> MMOs are competitive especially PVP Servers. Working around the house, feeding the kids, or just having EQ2 Minimized, I can snag 5 tokens while AFK. I like this. Many of us aging gamers are in our 30s, 40s, etc. with time requirements tied to life’s responsibilities that do not allow us to be as competitive as kids and 20- yearolds that Game all day.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>HEIRLOOM: </strong></span>I’m an atltaholic. Whatever character I’m playing, I know I can be fueling the advancement of any other character I may have. Excellent efficient use of game-time.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Marketplace:</strong></span> Whether I grind time in game, or grind time at work, the marketplace allows me the flexibility to translate my time to virtual items how I see fit. Time was expended, an item received.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP Writs:</strong></span> I like them. I don’t like the lopsided factions, but the writs are a great way to keep people grouped up for PVP. Remove that, and we get more Soloing which is an issue. They also provide Tokens which aid in upgrading character gear.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP GEAR/ITEMS: </strong></span>I don’t RAID. PVP items provide me a nice avenue for obtaining RAID level gear if I choose.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield Concept:</strong></span> Brings the two warring factions to a common battlefield. They’re great. More global Faction vs. Faction goals and events would be welcome.</li></ol><p>Plenty of constructive posts around promoting change. Many are negative…why not list some things we like about the systems/mechanics we have? I for one like these things and just wanted to point out some pros to them and say thanks. It has become too easy for voices around here to get things changed. Many that stay silent later find a game element we enjoyed just got nixed because of this forum.</p><p>What PVP/Game elements do you like?</p></blockquote><p><strong>OPEN WORLD PvP</strong>- many great PvP games (Like Guild Wars, But not GW2 when it releases!) have seamed worlds, so you can only fight other people when you decide to (kinda like how you Que up for BGs). Either running around and finding someone or being found by someone (win or lose) to fight adds another element that keeps you on your toes. And there is not the unlimited lvl like WoW provides for high levels to find gratification in killing lower levels who have no chance.</p>

Epiph
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
<p>lol it's sad when noobs actually like this NEW pvp as opposed to the OLD T7 pvp.  It's not your fault really, the new management killed this game, I feel sorry for you if you actually enjoy any of the things you listed.</p>

Shankapotomus
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>lol it's sad when noobs actually like this NEW pvp as opposed to the OLD T7 pvp.  It's not your fault really, the new management killed this game, I feel sorry for you if you actually enjoy any of the things you listed.</p></blockquote><p>Quit the game if you can find no enjoyment in the current system or mechanics. If all you can do is complain, either get hired at SOE and change things or make your own MMORPG.</p><p>What ever your mother told you, Crying doesn't make you stronger</p>

Epiph
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>lol it's sad when noobs actually like this NEW pvp as opposed to the OLD T7 pvp.  It's not your fault really, the new management killed this game, I feel sorry for you if you actually enjoy any of the things you listed.</p></blockquote><p>Quit the game if you can find no enjoyment in the current system or mechanics. If all you can do is complain, either get hired at SOE and change things or make your own MMORPG.</p><p>What ever your mother told you, Crying doesn't make you stronger</p></blockquote><p>lol did I hit a soft spot? I think I did!  I have already quit the game, I havent logged in; in about a month  I'm just posting here till my acc runs out, if you dont like it..tough.  deal with it the way I deal with the crying noobs that ruined this game & post about it.</p>

bRz
08-16-2010, 08:15 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>lol it's sad when noobs actually like this NEW pvp as opposed to the OLD T7 pvp.  It's not your fault really, the new management killed this game, I feel sorry for you if you actually enjoy any of the things you listed.</p></blockquote><p>Quit the game if you can find no enjoyment in the current system or mechanics. If all you can do is complain, either get hired at SOE and change things or make your own MMORPG.</p><p>What ever your mother told you, Crying doesn't make you stronger</p></blockquote><p>lol did I hit a soft spot? I think I did!  I have already quit the game, I havent logged in; in about a month  I'm just posting here till my acc runs out, if you dont like it..tough.  deal with it the way I deal with the crying noobs that ruined this game & post about it</p></blockquote><p>Trolling forums of a game you don't even play just to insult those trying to make it better is pretty sad. </p>

Epiph
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
<p>It's funny that you say " TRYING TO MAKE IT BETTER" when it just keeps getting worse & worse.  We were better off with t7-early t8 pvp, and now look at the state of things, lol.  You have no clue what you're talking about.</p>

Truck
08-16-2010, 09:13 PM
<p>People that get all whiney when someone complains about the game are annoying..they're the ones with their fingers up a dev's butt saying "Just be patient,our perfect Devs will fix the game!" WRONG. The devs have done nothing but break the game since KoS. The game has gone steadily down hill from there.</p>

Taldier
08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
<p><cite>EQ2Player wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I’d like to point out some things that I’ve decided I like, although for a while I thought I didn’t:</p><ol><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield PVP Participation Tokens:</strong></span> MMOs are competitive especially PVP Servers. Working around the house, feeding the kids, or just having EQ2 Minimized, I can snag 5 tokens while AFK. I like this. Many of us aging gamers are in our 30s, 40s, etc. with time requirements tied to life’s responsibilities that do not allow us to be as competitive as kids and 20- yearolds that Game all day.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>HEIRLOOM: </strong></span>I’m an atltaholic. Whatever character I’m playing, I know I can be fueling the advancement of any other character I may have. Excellent efficient use of game-time.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Marketplace:</strong></span> Whether I grind time in game, or grind time at work, the marketplace allows me the flexibility to translate my time to virtual items how I see fit. Time was expended, an item received.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP Writs:</strong></span> I like them. I don’t like the lopsided factions, but the writs are a great way to keep people grouped up for PVP. Remove that, and we get more Soloing which is an issue. They also provide Tokens which aid in upgrading character gear.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP GEAR/ITEMS: </strong></span>I don’t RAID. PVP items provide me a nice avenue for obtaining RAID level gear if I choose.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield Concept:</strong></span> Brings the two warring factions to a common battlefield. They’re great. More global Faction vs. Faction goals and events would be welcome.</li></ol><p>Plenty of constructive posts around promoting change. Many are negative…why not list some things we like about the systems/mechanics we have? I for one like these things and just wanted to point out some pros to them and say thanks. It has become too easy for voices around here to get things changed. Many that stay silent later find a game element we enjoyed just got nixed because of this forum.</p><p>What PVP/Game elements do you like?</p></blockquote><p>You just made a list of things that are killing eq2.  Lets all watch while SOE listens to easymode, instant gratification, "give me everything for free" players like you and the game gets flushed down the toilet.</p><p>We like the systems/mechanics we HAD.  Before SOE started dumbing the game down.  Back when it was complex and interesting.</p><p>Pvp is supposed to be a competitive atmosphere.  Remove any requirements for any sense of skill or intelligence and I guess we'll all see how much you enjoy playing by yourself in a year.  Casual players dont stick around on a game once all the active players leave.</p><p>And Im tired of the casual bs "oh Im not some kid and I have a job and a rl so I cant play the game all day".</p><p>You never had to play the game all day.  You just had to not suck at playing it.  Ive had lots of friends in game who had their own kids irl.  And the majority of hardcore players actually <span style="text-decoration: underline;">DO HAVE JOBS</span> OMGWTF WHO WOULDA GUESSED!!!!</p><p>Do your work at work and then come home and play the game.  You dont get credit for the "time" you spent at work because "time" and "effort" are not the same thing.  If you just want to come home and relax dont create a character on a competitive player vs player server where players specifically go to COMPETE with each other.</p><p>Its whiny people like you that beg SOE to let them be equal to players who have invested large amounts of effort into the game without having to put in any effort of their own that are directly to blame for nearly every single problem in the game both in pvp and pve.</p>

bRz
08-16-2010, 10:16 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It's funny that you say " TRYING TO MAKE IT BETTER" when it just keeps getting worse & worse.  We were better off with t7-early t8 pvp, and now look at the state of things, lol.  You have no clue what you're talking about.</p></blockquote><p>Whether I agree with the op or not has nothing to do with my statement (I actually disagree with many things he said), I simply think it's unfortunate that you have nothing better to do than come here and complain about a game you do not even play anymore.</p><p>The trying to make it better part is simply that the OP's post is constructive in the sense that he actually plays the game and is posting his opinion.</p><p>One may never know, but I am sure you will set me straight because I don't know what I am talking about.</p><p>*edit* deleted an unecessary rude paragraph.</p>

bRz
08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>People that get all whiney when someone complains about the game are annoying..they're the ones with their fingers up a dev's butt saying "Just be patient,our perfect Devs will fix the game!" WRONG. The devs have done nothing but break the game since KoS. The game has gone steadily down hill from there.</p></blockquote><p>Wait a second I thought people that complain were the annoying ones, I guess this means we should be friends since we have so much in common. Then again you are just whining about someone whining about someone complaining, so I don't know what that makes you. It's blowin my mind!</p>

Jeht
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
<p>pvping is fun..it's just that there is no real pvp out anymore..have you been to a warfield? i would take rok pvp over this crap any day</p>

Truck
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
<p><cite>bRz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>People that get all whiney when someone complains about the game are annoying..they're the ones with their fingers up a dev's butt saying "Just be patient,our perfect Devs will fix the game!" WRONG. The devs have done nothing but break the game since KoS. The game has gone steadily down hill from there.</p></blockquote><p>Wait a second I thought people that complain were the annoying ones, I guess this means we should be friends since we have so much in common. Then again you are just whining about someone whining about someone complaining, so I don't know what that makes you. It's blowin my mind!</p></blockquote><p>I'm not whining about anything. I'm just making the point that the morons saying "Just be patient,the devs are working on it,it will be fine!" are stupid. How long have the devs been 'working' on it now,and PVP has just gotten progressively worse since KoS.</p>

bRz
08-16-2010, 11:08 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>bRz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>People that get all whiney when someone complains about the game are annoying..they're the ones with their fingers up a dev's butt saying "Just be patient,our perfect Devs will fix the game!" WRONG. The devs have done nothing but break the game since KoS. The game has gone steadily down hill from there.</p></blockquote><p>Wait a second I thought people that complain were the annoying ones, I guess this means we should be friends since we have so much in common. Then again you are just whining about someone whining about someone complaining, so I don't know what that makes you. It's blowin my mind!</p></blockquote><p>I'm not whining about anything. I'm just making the point that the morons saying "Just be patient,the devs are working on it,it will be fine!" are stupid. How long have the devs been 'working' on it now,and PVP has just gotten progressively worse since KoS.</p></blockquote><p>I do agree with you that, just crossing fingers and hoping that they can make positive adjustments without the players input is unwise. The developers of the game cannot make informed decisions about pvp without people providing feedback on the game. Posting what you actually do LIKE about pvp can actually be helpful in changing things you do NOT like about this game, and this is what the OP was doing and inviting others to do. It would give some sort of direction to how they could focus their efforts. It is certainly reasonable to disagree with the op, I was just commenting that it is not at all helpful when people (who, self proclaimed, do not even play anymore) just troll a thread and offer nothing of value in return. There are plenty of threads out there with people posting about things they do not like, this type of thread can be of value in the same way they can be.</p><p>To make my post contribute to the op's intent</p><p>Two things I like:</p><p>1) The ability to log in and be pvping in minutes is a nice addition.</p><p>2) The attempt to draw opposite factions together and get people out in the open world and not roaming around for hours looking for a fight. I agree that warfields are not the answer but at least they are in some way trying to address the population being spread thin over the world that keeps getting larger with every expansion and the countless instances in the game.</p>

Truck
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
<p><cite>bRz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>bRz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>People that get all whiney when someone complains about the game are annoying..they're the ones with their fingers up a dev's butt saying "Just be patient,our perfect Devs will fix the game!" WRONG. The devs have done nothing but break the game since KoS. The game has gone steadily down hill from there.</p></blockquote><p>Wait a second I thought people that complain were the annoying ones, I guess this means we should be friends since we have so much in common. Then again you are just whining about someone whining about someone complaining, so I don't know what that makes you. It's blowin my mind!</p></blockquote><p>I'm not whining about anything. I'm just making the point that the morons saying "Just be patient,the devs are working on it,it will be fine!" are stupid. How long have the devs been 'working' on it now,and PVP has just gotten progressively worse since KoS.</p></blockquote><p>I do agree with you that, just crossing fingers and hoping that they can make positive adjustments without the players input is unwise. The developers of the game cannot make informed decisions about pvp without people providing feedback on the game. Posting what you actually do LIKE about pvp can actually be helpful in changing things you do NOT like about this game, and this is what the OP was doing and inviting others to do. It would give some sort of direction to how they could focus their efforts. It is certainly reasonable to disagree with the op, I was just commenting that it is not at all helpful when people (who, self proclaimed, do not even play anymore) just troll a thread and offer nothing of value in return. There are plenty of threads out there with people posting about things they do not like, this type of thread can be of value in the same way they can be.</p><p>To make my post contribute to the op's intent</p><p>Two things I like:</p><p>1) The ability to log in and be pvping in minutes is a nice addition.</p><p>2) The attempt to draw opposite factions together and get people out in the open world and not roaming around for hours looking for a fight. I agree that warfields are not the answer but at least they are in some way trying to address the population being spread thin over the world that keeps getting larger with every expansion and the countless instances in the game.</p></blockquote><p>Just because I quit playing,doesn't mean I don't want to play the game anymore. I would very much love to come back and start playing again..but with the current state of the PVP servers,I refuse to do so. I will not play this game while it caters to the easy mode "I want this and I want to be able to get it this fast,oh and people who put in more effort than me shouldn't be rewarded accordingly!" people. I've said it once and I'll say it again. PVP in this game cannot survive without PVE as the backbone. Making PVE useless in the way of improving your character in PVP is killing this game.</p><p>What I like about the current system: Writ posters. That's it. I hate everything else about Eq2 PVP right now including the awful copy and pasted PVP armor that every one already has. The PVP gear progression..leaves no room for improvement..you get the full set,you have nothing to do for three months but wait for the next set,by which time you will have already saved up enough tokens to buy the next five BG sets they come out with.</p><p>Everyone who was here for KOS will agree that PVP has steadily gone from excellent,to terrible as they tried to seperate PVE from PVP. The fact is..seperating the two was the worst thing they could have done.</p>

convict
08-16-2010, 11:23 PM
<p>That's the problem, the game is too far gone now. Everyone has everything, pvp armor, disk, what else do they have to shoot for? If they take away easymode now, there would be so many tears in the forums it would be a nightmare. Look at SK, how long have they been easymode, wardens, and nothing has been done to fix it.</p>

Shredderr
08-17-2010, 01:27 AM
<p><cite>EQ2Player wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I’d like to point out some things that I’ve decided I like, although for a while I thought I didn’t:</p><ol><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield PVP Participation Tokens:</strong></span> MMOs are competitive especially PVP Servers. Working around the house, feeding the kids, or just having EQ2 Minimized, I can snag 5 tokens while AFK. I like this. Many of us aging gamers are in our 30s, 40s, etc. with time requirements tied to life’s responsibilities that do not allow us to be as competitive as kids and 20- yearolds that Game all day.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>HEIRLOOM: </strong></span>I’m an atltaholic. Whatever character I’m playing, I know I can be fueling the advancement of any other character I may have. Excellent efficient use of game-time.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Marketplace:</strong></span> Whether I grind time in game, or grind time at work, the marketplace allows me the flexibility to translate my time to virtual items how I see fit. Time was expended, an item received.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP Writs:</strong></span> I like them. I don’t like the lopsided factions, but the writs are a great way to keep people grouped up for PVP. Remove that, and we get more Soloing which is an issue. They also provide Tokens which aid in upgrading character gear.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>PVP GEAR/ITEMS: </strong></span>I don’t RAID. PVP items provide me a nice avenue for obtaining RAID level gear if I choose.</li><li><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Warfield Concept:</strong></span> Brings the two warring factions to a common battlefield. They’re great. More global Faction vs. Faction goals and events would be welcome.</li></ol><p>Plenty of constructive posts around promoting change. Many are negative…why not list some things we like about the systems/mechanics we have? I for one like these things and just wanted to point out some pros to them and say thanks. It has become too easy for voices around here to get things changed. Many that stay silent later find a game element we enjoyed just got nixed because of this forum.</p><p>What PVP/Game elements do you like?</p></blockquote><p>You are a glass is half full type and I should be more like that .Well put as a different way of looking at some things here here .</p>

Eboncross
08-17-2010, 07:34 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>pvping is fun..it's just that there is no real pvp out anymore..have you been to a warfield?<span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium;"> i would take rok pvp over this crap any day</span></strong></span></p></blockquote><p>Or exploit on the aquaduct apparently</p>