PDA

View Full Version : heirloom??? is it sane?

halloweene
08-15-2010, 10:15 AM
<p>i owe a 90 toon on nagafen, which allows me to buy overrated masters, pvp stuff etc. For my lower toons. I just do it like anyother, but i would like it suppressed : where is equanimity there? Make a new toon level 15, buy him all pvp stuff he can have and you are near indestructible...Not even talking of a healer with pvp wards! My point is to ask community what they think about heirloom, which items should be - or not- etc. Thanks for any contribution.</p>

convict
08-15-2010, 10:45 AM
<p><cite>halloweene wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>i owe a 90 toon on nagafen, which allows me to buy overrated masters, pvp stuff etc. For my lower toons. I just do it like anyother, but i would like it suppressed : where is equanimity there? Make a new toon level 15, buy him all pvp stuff he can have and you are near indestructible...Not even talking of a healer with pvp wards! My point is to ask community what they think about heirloom, which items should be - or not- etc. Thanks for any contribution.</p></blockquote><p>IMO SoE allows things to go on too long (SK) and it's just to late to fix these things due to the amount of outcry there would be.</p>

Proud_Silence
08-15-2010, 03:06 PM
<p>Making T2 pvp tokens identical to T9 was pretty much a retar*ed idea.  Now we have a load of people making toons lvl 30-39 to obtain both pvp and BG tokens in order to gear up their lvl 90 toon(s). Does not make any sense to me.</p><p>Also the possibility to turn T2, T3 etc tokens into the new type at a 1:1 ratio was like a kick in the teeth to me.</p><p>Essentially Sony is saying a lvl 10 toon is worth the same as a lvl 90 toon. In fact, anyone playing a lvl 90 toon to gear up is fairly stupid, since it's much easier and faster to gear up a lowbie and be competitive.</p><p>This all makes me fairly unhappy and also a bit sad, because i used to love EQ, but the path that the company is going is one i do not like and ultimately can not follow along.</p><p>MMORPG's  used to mean that you create a char, and the longer and more you play, the more powerful you become. I also liked the fact (back in EQ1), that someone who just started playing 2 months ago, was never going to reach my level in terms of power, since AA's were much more plentiful. In EQ2, someone  can start playing, and in 1 or 2 weeks, with the help of "friends" ( powerleveling, gearing up on raids etc) already be at the exact same lvl as me who played since launch of the game.</p><p>Everything keeps getting easier, and look where it leads us to. People lvl from 80 to 90 in 3hrs after expansion goes live. what a joke. raid content is cleared many months before new raid content is coming out. way to go.</p>

Kota
08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
i don't blame them for doing what they did. not with the massive out cry of ppl wanting lvl locking to be valid again. it was a business decision. enough customers wanted it, so they made a move to placate them.

ShinyaKat
08-15-2010, 10:41 PM
<p>My personal opinion is they need to make the cost of all pvp gear relatively the same.  That way it would make people think very hard which toon the want to gear up.  To fully gear a T4 toon for about the same price it takes to 1-2 pieces of T9 is stupid.  Make it all relatively the same and maybe you would not see so many lowbie twinks annihilating everyone who happens to pass through that tier.</p><p>But please, flame away for suggesting such a thing.  I mean, I think SOE should hand everyone everything anyways in a little hand basket wrapped in a little pink bow.  Why should anyone have to invest in such time and effort to attain God like powers?  Aren't we all already God's to begin with????</p>