PDA

View Full Version : My Plea to Freeport~Never Give in

Avaelala
07-24-2010, 10:32 AM
<p>In the absence of our Overlord Duke Lucan, I wish to address all of Freeport; Almost a year has passed since I came back here to our Faction's kind invitation in order to cheer myself and cheer the hearts of a few of my friends by singing some of our old tales. When I was here last time we were quite alone, desperately alone, and we had been so for five or six months. We were poorly armed. We are not so poorly armed today; but then we were very poorly armed. We had the unmeasured menace of the enemy and their Avatar gear still beating upon us, and you yourselves had experience of this attack; and I expect you are beginning to feel impatient that there has been this long lull with nothing particular turning up! But we must learn to be equally good at what is short and sharp and what is long and tough. It is generally said that FreePorters are often better at the last. Another lesson I think we may take, , is that appearances are often very deceptive, and as Kipling well says, we must "...meet with Triumph and Disaster. And treat those two impostors just the same." But for everyone, surely, what we have gone through in this period--I am addressing myself to the citizens of Freeport--surely from this period of ten months, this is the lesson: <strong>Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.</strong> We have stood all alone for a year now, and to the other factions it seemed that our account was closed, we were finished. All this tradition of ours, our songs, our guild histories, this part of the history of this Faction, were gone and finished and liquidated. Very different is the mood today. Freeport, other factions thought, had drawn a sponge across her slate. But instead our great city stood in the gap. There was no flinching and no thought of giving in; and by what seemed almost a miracle to those outside these walls, though we ourselves never doubted it, we now find ourselves in a position where I say that we can be sure that we have only to persevere to conquer. Do not let us speak of darker days: let us speak rather of sterner days. These are not dark days; these are great days--the greatest days our city of Freeport has ever lived; and we must all thank the Gods and our mighty Lucan that we have been allowed, each of us according to our stations, to play a part in making these days memorable in the history of the evil races. ~Freeport Bard Unite with me in game, send a tell to Dankshasta...</p>

Kovah
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
<p>k</p>

Jeht
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
<p>only the cool kids roleplay</p>

Morauk
07-27-2010, 05:58 PM
<p>official forums needs the dead head avatar dank.</p><p>that is all</p>