PDA

View Full Version : 10 lvl limit on warfields ?


karnath
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
<p>10 lvls is a little over the top, for example a lvl 15 toon fighting another lvl 15 toon only to have 2 lvl 25's come in and kill ya, for 1 they are red and get no credit and for another theres too big of a lvl difference for the 15 to actually be able to withstand an attack.</p><p>in my opinion there needs to be a few changes that would fix a lot of problems.</p><p>1) if someone is out of your lvl range you dont get any kill credit, that would fix the grey leachers, they get no credit, esp. since reds dont get credit for killing a red even if the grey hit them first.</p><p>2) pvp lvl limits shou;d be dictated by the toons lvl not the zone. lvl 10 - 29 = 4 lvl range pvp, 30 - 59 = 8 lvl range pvp, 60 - 90 = 10 lvl range. although reds cant get credit for killing greys and vice versa.</p><p>3) still allow greys to attack a red but they dont get credit...  (for those that like to try reds solo, to see if u can win, no pvp token update).</p>

karnath
07-20-2010, 07:49 PM
<p>also the pvp disc mount should be min lvl 30..  a lvl 15 running around with a 200 point ward , reflect and a +20 toughness is insane. it takes a full group or better to even damage some one geared with those. the +20 toughness is way OP in lower lvls.</p>

TheVekk
07-21-2010, 11:26 AM
<p>I agree with you that in the low levels the pvp gear that people can get is extremely OP.</p><p>But with how easy it is to get the gear for those lowbies there isnt realy any reason why you cant do the same thing. people twink out lowbie alts within a few hours now adays.</p>

Nightstriker
07-21-2010, 11:28 AM
<p><cite>karnath wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>3) still allow greys to attack a red but they dont get credit...  (for those that like to try reds solo, to see if u can win, no pvp token update).</p></blockquote><p>so, say a grey does manage to kill a red solo......youre saying they should get no pvp token update....for successfully pvp'ing? lol good thing you're not a dev</p>

Forebian
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
<p>I think his point is that most of the time the greys don't really 'kill' a red. They manage to get a couple of hits on him and get credit for the kill while someone else is doing most of the damage. This is leading to 'Writ-flation.'</p><p>There is nothing wrong with a pack of 70s smoking a level 85 (has happened to me many times), but if that 85 manages to kill one of them he should get credit for the kill just like the lowbies do for killing a red. Either that, or follow his suggestion that you only get credit for killing within your range.</p><p>I tend to like the idea of allowing the red to get credit for the kill if he is attacked by a grey. That adds some risk to the lowbies who are leeching because the red will target them first if he has a choice.</p>

MaCloud1032
07-21-2010, 12:47 PM
You use to get faction and title increases for reds hitting you. A few times I had a grey swarm hit me kill me I come back they try again only to drop there titles and mine go up. (Ya I know that was forever ago) good times there

karnath
07-22-2010, 12:23 PM
<p>the idea is to make pvp lvl ranges more fair than the streight 10 lvl's in ant and CL, and also to attempt to put an end to greys leaching off reds during  WF battles.</p><p>last week i was on my lvl 15 and i saw a lvl 15 ranger shooting everyone that was incombat ( mostly T9 peeps) and running around ...when i would try to engage em he would only run and stealth and hide ..only to pop up on the other side of the fight to shoot more arrows at the fighting T9's. he would never engage me , and it seemed he was only intrested in leaching from the reds.</p><p>with the pvp tokens all the same and able to swap em to other toons on the same account, it seems unfair that lower lvls would get credit for hitting a red and getting credit for someone elses killing, esp. since reds dont get credit for killing a grey that origanaly hit them.</p>

Nightstriker
07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
<p><cite>Forebian wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I tend to like the idea of allowing the red to get credit for the kill if he is attacked by a grey. That adds some risk to the lowbies who are leeching because the red will target them first if he has a choice.</p></blockquote><p>theres a reason why a red doesn't get updates/plat/fame, and that would be because a gray con is trivial.  Also there is risk for grays leeching i.e. me turning around and one shotting them with auto-attack.</p><p>I wouldn't be against them giving us updates from lowbies that leech, but i don't think it would fix the problems people are having with the current system. It would be a pointless change imo</p>

Auxillery
07-23-2010, 04:25 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Forebian wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I tend to like the idea of allowing the red to get credit for the kill if he is attacked by a grey. That adds some risk to the lowbies who are leeching because the red will target them first if he has a choice.</p></blockquote><p>theres a reason why a red doesn't get updates/plat/fame, and that would be because a gray con is trivial.  Also there is risk for grays leeching i.e. me turning around and one shotting them with auto-attack.</p><p>I wouldn't be against them giving us updates from lowbies that leech, but i don't think it would fix the problems people are having with the current system. It would be a pointless change imo</p></blockquote><p>Says the easy assassin class who just shadowsteps + assassinate... Yeah ok dude prevent change so you win...</p>