PDA

View Full Version : In-Combat Run Speed Increase for Everyone?

max.power
07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
<p>I enjoyed the time while the "Disk of Discord" gave in-combat run speed. Yes, people with the disc had a big advantage over people without it, they could easily escape a fight or hunt down players.</p><p>But: The in-combat speed opened up another level of experience for PvP fights for me and, especially as a melee class that has to move a lot, made PvPing so much more fun. Finally fights didn't feel like fighting under water anymore.</p><p>So, my suggestion (or wish) would be: How about, instead of setting the in-combat speed to 0%, setting the in-combat speed to let's say 20% for everyone? Yes, even if you are running lower than 20% out of combat (maybe true for lower levels), you would be running at 20% as soon as you enter PvP combat (could be explained with an adrenaline rush).</p><p>This wouldn't give anyone an advantage, just making fights faster... and funnier.</p><p>Another idea: In-combat run speed = out of combat run speed * 0.5. This way fast mounts wouldn't lose all their benefits when entering combat and having a fast mount would mean something (again).</p><p>Thoughts?</p>

Uskeab
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
<p>i hate incombat runspeed.</p><p>eq1 style plz</p>

Haliken
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>i hate incombat runspeed.</p><p><strong>eq1 style plz</strong></p></blockquote><p>But that means you LOVE in-combat movement speed...</p>

Cantor
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I enjoyed the time while the "Disk of Discord" gave in-combat run speed. Yes, people with the disc had a big advantage over people without it, they could easily escape a fight or hunt down players.</p><p>But: The in-combat speed opened up another level of experience for PvP fights for me and, especially as a melee class that has to move a lot, made PvPing so much more fun. Finally fights didn't feel like fighting under water anymore.</p><p>So, my suggestion (or wish) would be: How about, instead of setting the in-combat speed to 0%, setting the in-combat speed to let's say 20% for everyone? Yes, even if you are running lower than 20% out of combat (maybe true for lower levels), you would be running at 20% as soon as you enter PvP combat (could be explained with an adrenaline rush).</p><p>This wouldn't give anyone an advantage, just making fights faster... and funnier.</p><p>Another idea: In-combat run speed = out of combat run speed * 0.5. This way fast mounts wouldn't lose all their benefits when entering combat and having a fast mount would mean something (again).</p><p>Thoughts?</p></blockquote><p>Play a Bard.</p>

max.power
07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Play a Bard.</p></blockquote><p>My idea should be an improvement for all classes. At least for classes that have to or want to move a lot.</p>

Greggthegrmreapr
07-06-2010, 09:09 AM
<p>Remove all in combat run speed except for that which a bard provides.</p>

max.power
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Remove all in combat run speed except for that which a bard provides.</p></blockquote><p>Run speed buffs from bards would stack with the new speed of course, they would still be the fastest in-combat runners. I think it's just "out of date" to drop from 80+% speed to 0 and having to crawl around like a snail, that takes away a lot of gameplay experience.</p><p>Does anyone know how fast people could run in general (including mounts) when the "0 run speed" rule was activated?</p>

raydenwins
07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I kind of agree. I tried some t4 pvp lastnite and observed a brigand on a disc engage a player , then run for 3 seconds and he is back on the disc. All this happens while I'm snaring the brig and attacking. I have no disc, stuck in combat at 0 runspeed while the brig is gone. My snares don't allow me to catch him obviously. In conclusion, remove the ability to get out of combat in 3 seconds. This will at least give the slower runspeed players a shot to kill

Uskeab
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
<p><cite>Haliken wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>i hate incombat runspeed.</p><p><strong>eq1 style plz</strong></p></blockquote><p>But that means you LOVE in-combat movement speed...</p></blockquote><p>i hate that there are "in combat"  penelties.   so, yes your right.</p>

Sephraa
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
<p>It's the speed hackers and those that use the 'disappearing' exploit to get out of combat that make it frustrating for the rest of us.  Out of all the PvP games I have played THIS game's pvp is THE MOST frustrating. Too much that needs fixed.</p><p>when does that 'next' game come out?</p><p>just biding time...</p>

EddyBobalou
07-08-2010, 11:21 PM
<p><cite>Sephraa wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It's the speed hackers and those that use the 'disappearing' exploit to get out of combat that make it frustrating for the rest of us.  Out of all the PvP games I have played THIS game's pvp is THE MOST frustrating. Too much that needs fixed.</p><p>when does that 'next' game come out?</p><p>just biding time...</p></blockquote><p>the game "Next" has been out for years. what you are looking for is "Sunshine"</p>

EddyBobalou
07-08-2010, 11:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Remove all in combat run speed except for that which a bard provides.</p></blockquote><p>Run speed buffs from bards would stack with the new speed of course, they would still be the fastest in-combat runners. I think it's just "out of date" to drop from 80+% speed to 0 and having to crawl around like a snail, that takes away a lot of gameplay experience.</p><p>Does anyone know how fast people could run in general (including mounts) when the "0 run speed" rule was activated?</p></blockquote><p>You are forgetting about casters. If a caster begins casting a spell while target is <em>just</em> in range, and the target ends up getting [twice the distance of the spell] before it is done casting, the caster will get a message "target out of range". this problem would only get worst with in combat runspeed.</p>

Sephraa
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
<p><cite>EddyBobalou wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Sephraa wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It's the speed hackers and those that use the 'disappearing' exploit to get out of combat that make it frustrating for the rest of us.  Out of all the PvP games I have played THIS game's pvp is THE MOST frustrating. Too much that needs fixed.</p><p>when does that 'next' game come out?</p><p>just biding time...</p></blockquote><p>the game "Next" has been out for years. what you are looking for is "Sunshine"</p></blockquote><p>Actually it's Final Fantasy XIV launching (as of today) in September to kill time until Guild Wars 2 comes out.</p><p>..."we are a nation recovering from the recovery"..</p>

Lovidic
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
<p>Ya know the most annoying part of pvp is the speed to me too. It would be really nice if speed was faster in pvp combat. But you're right, it'd have to be for all classes otherwise it'd just be unbalanced.</p>