PDA

View Full Version : INVALID TARGET bug in pvp

Vymm
07-04-2010, 09:30 PM
<p>I was really hoping this was going to get fixed by now since it's just so rediculous.. I think it's a brig detaunt and some ability warlocks have that gives you invalid target message trying to attack them and have to retarget. Bug reports don't seem to help.</p>

Corydonn
07-04-2010, 09:45 PM
<p>It's not a bug, Brigands have a taunt that locks you for 2-4 seconds (If I remember correctly based on the AAs of encounter and ST taunt) where they can detaunt or stealth to give that message and the warlock has a proc on their mythical buff that allows them a 12% chance to detarget lock for 2 seconds on targets in Area of Effect. It really makes Warlocks an important target to stifle/mez/fear/lockdown/etcetcetc.... Or a great class to follow around and prevent them from being interupted as the AE will often save your bacon.</p>

Stuckx
07-04-2010, 10:15 PM
<p>He's talking about the bug that happens sometimes when you get detaunted or whatever,and you have the person targeted,and cannot do anything to them because it keeps saying invalid target or whatever..it's permanant until you click off and retarget.</p>

Vymm
07-04-2010, 11:15 PM
<p>Not talking about a detarget i'm talking about when you have someone targetted and try to attack them it says INVALID TARGET even though you've been attacking them already</p>

Corydonn
07-04-2010, 11:23 PM
<p><cite>Vymm wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Not talking about a detarget i'm talking about when you have someone targetted and try to attack them it says INVALID TARGET even though you've been attacking them already</p></blockquote><p>Oh I see, To my knowledge that's caused by the TSO AA deaggros like Evasive Manuevers if that narrows it down for the Devs to look into.</p>

Vymm
07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
<p>I have evasive and it doesn't do that </p>

Jacquotte
07-05-2010, 05:19 AM
<p>we are not talking about someone detaunting you and you have not target locked and therefor get a no valid target message</p><p>we are talking about you having someone targeting, them pounding on you and you get a message they you have no valid target even when targeting them</p><p>the constant buff from swash/brigs is called avoid blame and yes, it can be exploited so that you will never be able to directly damage them or heal yourself when having them targeted</p>

YasikoSetsu
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
<p>The avoid blame line of buffs rogues get has been bugged for a long time. It causes a seemingly never ending 'invalid target' message, and the only way to get around it is to de-target them, and re-target them. But sometimes right as you do, it just procs again. It's clearly not supposed to work the way it currently does.</p>

ysslik
07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
<p>do gaurdians have that ability i was fighting one in wf the other day and was getting the same thing. ileagle targetI also get must be classified as void beast and shadow folk on every once in a while</p>

YasikoSetsu
07-05-2010, 11:32 PM
<p><cite>ysslik wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>do gaurdians have that ability i was fighting one in wf the other day and was getting the same thing. ileagle targetI also get must be classified as void beast and shadow folk on every once in a while</p></blockquote><p>Guardians can cause a similar issue when they taunt directly before a de-targetting item procs (taunts dont let you switch targets, and detaunt drops your target, so you cant switch back). Any fighter can do this, of course. Not the same thing as the rogues, though - the rogue bug causes a permanent invalid target message until you re-target them.</p><p>The void message is from your void bane/ greater void bane items proccing.</p>

ysslik
07-05-2010, 11:49 PM
<p>i have no void procing items and it was when i was trying to do cas</p><p>i directly targeted him and tried to atack and got illegle target it took i thought was like 30 secs but probally more like 10 or 15 before i was able to attac him</p><p>i should probally log this stuff would give beter evidence of what is happening then vauge discriptions the last thing im wanna do is call someone a hack if i dont know the reasons its hapening like alot of people do.</p>

RogueSpideyChick
07-06-2010, 04:49 AM
<p>it does this in bgs too when attempting to heal. ull have somebody targetted that u hard targetted urself that's across the zone, somebody else smacks u, u attempt to heal urself, ur still targetted on whoever u targetted urself & u get invalid, too far away, or cant see target, when attempting to heal, cure, or cast any beneficial on urself. it's NOT a taunt or detaunt because it can be somebody that isnt doing ANYTHING to u that u targetted URSELF & u get this msg.</p><p>it would make sense that it's a detaunt, detarget, etc if it were somebody actually doing dmg to u or casting on u, but it's not. it's just like when ur targetted on a mob & cast a heal, cure, etc & it casts on urself, or at least it SHOULD be until u get this stupid bug.</p>

AziBam
07-06-2010, 12:32 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>it does this in bgs too when attempting to heal. ull have somebody targetted that u hard targetted urself that's across the zone, somebody else smacks u, u attempt to heal urself, ur still targetted on whoever u targetted urself & u get invalid, too far away, or cant see target, when attempting to heal, cure, or cast any beneficial on urself. it's NOT a taunt or detaunt because it can be somebody that isnt doing ANYTHING to u that u targetted URSELF & u get this msg.</p><p>it would make sense that it's a detaunt, detarget, etc if it were somebody actually doing dmg to u or casting on u, but it's not. it's just like when ur targetted on a mob & cast a heal, cure, etc & it casts on urself, or at least it SHOULD be until u get this stupid bug.</p></blockquote><p>Hrm, maybe I'm misunderstanding your scenario but what you described sounds like it's working properly to me.</p><p>If you want to heal yourself in BG you have to either target yourself or target the opponent that is attacking you.  That's the same way it is in PVE.  If I'm trying to heal a friend I wouldn't want it to bounce back to heal me with them out of range or LOS or w/e.  If I have to move to heal them then that's what I do.</p>

RogueSpideyChick
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>it does this in bgs too when attempting to heal. ull have somebody targetted that u hard targetted urself that's across the zone, somebody else smacks u, u attempt to heal urself, ur still targetted on whoever u targetted urself & u get invalid, too far away, or cant see target, when attempting to heal, cure, or cast any beneficial on urself. it's NOT a taunt or detaunt because it can be somebody that isnt doing ANYTHING to u that u targetted URSELF & u get this msg.</p><p>it would make sense that it's a detaunt, detarget, etc if it were somebody actually doing dmg to u or casting on u, but it's not. it's just like when ur targetted on a mob & cast a heal, cure, etc & it casts on urself, or at least it SHOULD be until u get this stupid bug.</p></blockquote><p>Hrm, maybe I'm misunderstanding your scenario but what you described sounds like it's working properly to me.</p><p>If you want to heal yourself in BG you have to either target yourself or target the opponent that is attacking you.  That's the same way it is in PVE.  If I'm trying to heal a friend I wouldn't want it to bounce back to heal me with them out of range or LOS or w/e.  If I have to move to heal them then that's what I do.</p></blockquote><p>if ur fighting a mob solo, & u hit a heal, u heal urself, u do NOT have to target urself to heal. i'm talking about in pvp when ur targetted on an opposite team member on the OTHER side of the zone, out of los because maybe they moved, or when ur fighting somebody else RIGHT in front of u, then u hit a heal, cure, etc, to attempt to heal URSELF (just like it would work in pve when targetted on a mob) & u get the msg that either it's invalid, cant see target, or out of range, but ur NOT out of range...because ur trying to heal URSELF.</p>

Oidan
07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
<p>I was not aware of warlocks having this issue. Anything to help kill Vymm is great because you always go straight for me......</p><p>It is hard if that is happening on my side of the fence. Actually, I am thinking maybe it is from the blue adorn slot on the pvp gear.</p>

raydenwins
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, but I lose target while chasing a scout. We're both not engaged, I tab target over and over, target drops. Is it possible to evade me without being engaged?

Pinino-Lfg
07-11-2010, 02:29 PM
<p>only seen it happen on a swash/brig not a warlock thou thats wierd</p>

Wigg
07-11-2010, 02:45 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>it does this in bgs too when attempting to heal. ull have somebody targetted that u hard targetted urself that's across the zone, somebody else smacks u, u attempt to heal urself, ur still targetted on whoever u targetted urself & u get invalid, too far away, or cant see target, when attempting to heal, cure, or cast any beneficial on urself. it's NOT a taunt or detaunt because it can be somebody that isnt doing ANYTHING to u that u targetted URSELF & u get this msg.</p><p>it would make sense that it's a detaunt, detarget, etc if it were somebody actually doing dmg to u or casting on u, but it's not. it's just like when ur targetted on a mob & cast a heal, cure, etc & it casts on urself, or at least it SHOULD be until u get this stupid bug.</p></blockquote><p>Hrm, maybe I'm misunderstanding your scenario but what you described sounds like it's working properly to me.</p><p>If you want to heal yourself in BG you have to either target yourself or target the opponent that is attacking you.  That's the same way it is in PVE.  If I'm trying to heal a friend I wouldn't want it to bounce back to heal me with them out of range or LOS or w/e.  If I have to move to heal them then that's what I do.</p></blockquote><p>if ur fighting a mob solo, & u hit a heal, u heal urself, u do NOT have to target urself to heal. i'm talking about in pvp when ur targetted on an opposite team member on the OTHER side of the zone, out of los because maybe they moved, or when ur fighting somebody else RIGHT in front of u, then u hit a heal, cure, etc, to attempt to heal URSELF (just like it would work in pve when targetted on a mob) & u get the msg that either it's invalid, cant see target, or out of range, but ur NOT out of range...because ur trying to heal URSELF.</p></blockquote><p>In BGs you can't see what the person you are smacking is targeting.  If they got taunted by a tank that is out of your range you will get that message they are out of range, or if you try to heal someone and they have a corpse clicked you get "invalid target."  You wont see this though b/c you can't see what the other team is targeting.</p>

Vegeeta
07-22-2010, 01:17 AM
<p>I have experienced both those bugs.</p><p>1st: As a healer you could be fighting someone (sometimes this occurs against an NPC also) you have been attacking and healing, then all of a sudden you try to heal and it says either invalid target, or not an enemy, I have had it say both at different times.</p><p>2nd: The Brig/Swash classes have a glitch that during pvp, even though you have them targeted, it says Invalid Target and you cannot cast anything....SOMETIMES this can be fixed by untargeting them and then retargeting them, but this causes a loss of time of course. This is prob worse for healers cause it could cause them to not be able to heal until they target themselves, just like the above case. But I have also had people in duels tell me that they cannot attack my swash cause it says Invalid Target or that they have no target.</p><p>Definately an issue for those who pvp all day. Should send a PM to a Dev and tell them to check out this thread</p>

Nightstriker
07-22-2010, 05:44 AM
<p>I can also confirm that the "invalid target" message happens when fighting brigs/swash....and from my experience untargeting them and retargeting does not work. Seems to last anywhere from 5-10 seconds   </p>

Wytie
07-22-2010, 10:24 AM
<p><cite>Pinino-Lfg wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>only seen it happen on a swash/brig not a warlock thou thats wierd</p></blockquote><p>definatly not a warlock issue.</p><p>I have fought many a locks and never had this problem, yea the myth buff procs from time to time but  1 or 2 sec later you can retarget them again.</p><p>Have had this issue verse a brig/swash though, but luckly not often.</p>

Brynhild
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
<p>Easily recreatable - duel swashy in guild hall</p><p>Had it happen mainly with swash, brig, and warlocks. .Warlock proc and/or null caress</p><p>Even had it happen in PVE, 2nd named in Runnyeye The Gathering is a scout, and he does something to force/drop target and even when the debuff is over you still can't target 'no elegible target' and have to drop/retarget a bunch of times until it finally works.</p><p>Dueling a swash i've had it permanently say that, even clearing target doesn't fix it, and can't even cast beneficial spells on myself , EVERYTHING says no elegible target while I get pounded on, and yes it happens in BG also, although not to the same extent, it is still extremely aggravating.</p><p>Don't understand what this is, never had problem before SF</p>

Wytie
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
<p><cite>Brynhild wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Easily recreatable - duel swashy in guild hall</p><p>Had it happen mainly with swash, brig, and warlocks. .Warlock proc and/or null caress</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">THIS IS NOT A BUG</span>.<span style="color: #ff0000;"> Warlocks myth procs a target drop & lock, null drops target. This is how the class has worked for like the last 2 years, quit confusing this crap with the swash/brig bug FFS.</span></p><p>Even had it happen in PVE, 2nd named in Runnyeye The Gathering is a scout, and he does something to force/drop target and even when the debuff is over you still can't target 'no elegible target' and have to drop/retarget a bunch of times until it finally works.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Some NPC do this on purpose, example : Field General fight from TSO.</span></p><p>Dueling a swash i've had it permanently say that, even clearing target doesn't fix it, and can't even cast beneficial spells on myself , EVERYTHING says no elegible target while I get pounded on, and yes it happens in BG also, although not to the same extent, it is still extremely aggravating.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">THIS IS THE BUG</span></p><p>Don't understand what this is, never had problem before SF</p></blockquote><p>There is only one bug with this and its specificly from Swash/Brigs, quit confusing Warlock Class ability/Myth proc with this crap.</p>

dellaripa
07-23-2010, 02:52 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I have experienced both those bugs.</p><p>1st: As a healer you could be fighting someone (sometimes this occurs against an NPC also) you have been attacking and healing, then all of a sudden you try to heal and it says either invalid target, or not an enemy, I have had it say both at different times.</p></blockquote><p>It's a dirty trick that tanks do, borderline exploit in my opinion.  What's happening is the tank assists through someone else and taunts.  You get locked on the tank, and when you go to heal yourself it thinks you're trying to heal the assist (enemy).</p><p>There's an exile group on Naggy that does this with regularity.  It's pretty low rent.</p>

max.power
07-23-2010, 07:13 AM
<p><cite>dellaripa wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I have experienced both those bugs.</p><p>1st: As a healer you could be fighting someone (sometimes this occurs against an NPC also) you have been attacking and healing, then all of a sudden you try to heal and it says either invalid target, or not an enemy, I have had it say both at different times.</p></blockquote><p>It's a dirty trick that tanks do, borderline exploit in my opinion.  What's happening is the tank assists through someone else and taunts.  You get locked on the tank, and when you go to heal yourself it thinks you're trying to heal the assist (enemy).</p><p>There's an exile group on Naggy that does this with regularity.  It's pretty low rent.</p></blockquote><p>Hm, sounds like what happened to me recently in a BG match. Was fighting a swashy with my ranger and although the swashy was in close range beating on me, I suddenly got the message "Too far away" for several seconds for all my ranged and melee attacks.</p><p>First I thought about lag, but it was none. No warping involved and I received damage but couldn't attack back. Talked to the swashy after the match, asking what has happened. He had no clue too (I believe him, he was a nice guy), he just wondered why I stopped attacking him.</p><p>What you described could have happened to me: He maybe was targeting me through another player that had me targeted and taunted. Although I had him targeted, I was infact targeting his assist who might really have been too far away...</p>