PDA

View Full Version : Is PvP crit mit broken?

Dorsan
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
<p>Hello,</p><p>  It looks like something is wrong with PvP crit mit as of today. I have 113.9% PvP crit mit and was fighting another necro, who had 59% crit bonus. Now the interesting thing was that he was able to crit on me. But his base crit is 1.5 plus the crit bonus amounts to 2.09 crit multiplier. So basically anything above 109% crit mit should have been enough for me to stop him from critting. Now either PvP crit mit is capped at 100% or it doesn't work. I would like to know what is the case because if it is capped at 100%, I have wasted 3 blue adornment slots.</p><p>Thank you,</p><p>Dorsan, necromancer of Nagafen</p>

Wytie
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
<p>Gear procs?</p><p>Temp buffs?</p><p>AA enhancements?</p><p>Group buffs?</p><p>How do you know his exact crit bonus?</p><p>Please dont tell me you looked him up on EQ2players? Because that site is NEVER close to current.</p><p>Then if you logged over a cross faction toon, inspected him and self calulated all of his Crit bonus and refigured in possiable AA's, gear ect. </p><p>Then something is really wrong with you tbh. If you didnt do all that well thats prob why. lol</p><p>It doesnt matter, if you still get critted on, its still a extreamly reduced crit so your gear will have still doen its job.</p>

Dorsan
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Then if you logged over a cross faction toon, inspected him and self calulated all of his Crit bonus and refigured in possiable AA's, gear ect.</p></blockquote><p>This. I talked with him, and he is necro, I am necro, I pretty much know how we work. All his spells were crits on me, so there weren't so many things to factor in.</p>

Dorsan
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It doesnt matter, if you still get critted on, its still a extreamly reduced crit so your gear will have still doen its job.</p></blockquote><p>Sry for double post, somehow missed this part. Actually I want to know what happened there because if 100% crit mit in PvP is a cap then I wasted 3 blue adornments and need to replace them.</p>

Wytie
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It doesnt matter, if you still get critted on, its still a extreamly reduced crit so your gear will have still doen its job.</p></blockquote><p>Sry for double post, somehow missed this part. Actually I want to know what happened there <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>because if 100% crit mit in PvP is a cap </strong></span>then I wasted 3 blue adornments and need to replace them.</p></blockquote><p>Where are you getting your false info from?</p><p>Did you even read the dev combat thread bud?</p><p>Please read it right now. <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=481258" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=481258</a></p>

Dorsan
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It doesnt matter, if you still get critted on, its still a extreamly reduced crit so your gear will have still doen its job.</p></blockquote><p>Sry for double post, somehow missed this part. Actually I want to know what happened there <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>because if 100% crit mit in PvP is a cap </strong></span>then I wasted 3 blue adornments and need to replace them.</p></blockquote><p>Where are you getting your false info from?</p><p>Did you even read the dev combat thread bud?</p><p>Please read it right now. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=481258" target="_blank">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=481258</a></p></blockquote><p>I have read that, but it is simply not working like that in PvP. It might have been working like that before I don't know, but a person critted on me even thought his crit bonus + base crit wasn't greater than my crit mit. So either something is wrong, or that info is incorrect.</p>

Wytie
06-22-2010, 04:46 PM
<p>You are not giving enough information.</p><p>You didnt say which spells were critting.</p><p>You didnt say how you calculated his crit bonus, you just said you did.</p><p>You also COULDNT have figured his increased Crit bonus from your AA lines.</p><p>FFS you are a NECRO. Look at your AA's, you are givin crit bonus to specific spell lines and types. That does not show up in the persona window. That could easly push him over your pvpcrit mit for alot of his spells, its not like you have a huge amount more crit mit than his crit bonus.</p><p>You are making a big deal out of nothing, and its so funny because you are a necro too LOLOLOL</p>

Wytie
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
<p>Here Ill make it real simple for you.</p><p>TSO endline for Necro. Disease mastery</p><p>What does it do? It give 5 crit bonus to all disease spells, well thats like most all your spells right? but thats not all spells so it wont show in the persona window.</p><p>That 5 alone is plenty to push his crit bonus over your mit. Geeze dude.</p>

timetravelling
06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
<p>pvp crit mit won't prevent his spells from registering as crits, it will just lower the resulting damage of those crits. the 'crit' will still allow them to do max damage, but your very high crit mit will prevent him from getting that huge bonus to his crit damage.</p><p>Does that help explain it a bit more?</p>

Wytie
06-22-2010, 07:28 PM
<p><cite>timetravelling wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>pvp crit mit won't prevent his spells from registering as crits, it will just lower the resulting damage of those crits. the 'crit' will still allow them to do max damage, but your very high crit mit will prevent him from getting that huge bonus to his crit damage.</p><p>Does that help explain it a bit more?</p></blockquote><p>Unless it has changed recently this use to not be the case. Crit mit use to stop a crit from regestering a crit in our logs from a display perspective. It still may have been max damage +1 hit but it didnt use to reg as a crit in combat logs.</p><p>I have a feeling you are explaining this from a code perspective which we cant see, but in the logs crit mit use to stop people from critting on you in our combat logs..... or atleast it seem that way, again unless this was a recent change.</p>

threat111
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
<p><cite>timetravelling wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>pvp crit mit won't prevent his spells from registering as crits, it will just lower the resulting damage of those crits. the 'crit' will still allow them to do max damage, but your very high crit mit will prevent him from getting that huge bonus to his crit damage.</p><p>Does that help explain it a bit more?</p></blockquote><p>Thats how crits work in pve, the max +1.  Thats not how it worked in pvp unless thats changed as well?  And as all ready posted.  crits that where fully mitagated in the past did not register as crits.</p>

Dorsan
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You are not giving enough information.</p><p>You didnt say which spells were critting.</p><p>You didnt say how you calculated his crit bonus, you just said you did.</p><p>You also COULDNT have figured his increased Crit bonus from your AA lines.</p></blockquote><p>I gave you the information. ALL of his spells were critting. That includes bewilderment that is magic damage and vampire bats that are physical damage. There is no way he could get that extra 5% on those. He shouldn't have crit on all spells, but he did.</p><p><cite>timetravelling wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>pvp crit mit won't prevent his spells from registering as crits, it will just lower the resulting damage of those crits. the 'crit' will still allow them to do max damage, but your very high crit mit will prevent him from getting that huge bonus to his crit damage.</p><p>Does that help explain it a bit more?</p></blockquote><p>I am sorry, but you are wrong. I have logs from fights before and after this necro, and all people who had less crit bonus than 50% did not crit on me. So I am asking again, is PvP crit mit capped at 100%?</p>