PDA

View Full Version : PvP players breaking combat WAY too quickly

TerminalEyesore
06-21-2010, 04:00 AM
<p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Why can someone run just a few feet without making an attack, and break combat within seconds?</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Even with someone right on their tail swinging away trying to finish the fight, all they have to do is click out of melee combat, run for a few seconds, and suddenly they are out of combat, at full runspeed and mana regen.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Of course, the person still attacking is stuck in combat, helpless to catch up, or even keep up in mana regen, and can only wait for the inevitable return of the other player, who will now come back with more mana than you because they took advantage of this strange game mechanic.  I'm careful how I use my mana, but with this mechanic in the game, all mana management strategy is out the window (other than to use this exploit yourself).</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">This is silly, and I can't imagine that it is meant to be this way.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">I had an orange tank class jump me earlier, and what the heck, I'm a well equipped Inquisitor, I'll try it. We're going toe to toe, and I'm being very careful not to run myself out of mana, and I'm actually doing very well, as the other player is burning through his. </span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Well, wouldn't you know, an orange healer shows up and starts healing him.  So rather than waste time with the tank, I go for the healer. I throw a few dots on him, sparingly, and let them do their thing, while I continue to do auto attack damage, and he starts healing himself. Eventually, he is nearly out of power, and starts to run away.  Within seconds, still within my reach as I was chasing him, hes out of combat, [Removed for Content]??  So I turn back to the tank, who is out of power now, and can only auto attack.  I put on a few dots, and in just a few seconds, I see he is getting healed. Yep, the healer returned just that quickly, with half his mana back already.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Well, this was pointless, and I was about to throw in the towel when a couple of players showed up from nowhere and bailed me out. And to be honest, unlike the majority of players, I don't like that (but it was appreciated). I should have won that fight fair and square by myself, but with this broken mechanic, I have to credit the win to someone else. And yeah, I know death is meaningless, but I'd like to think there is at least SOME kind of rhyme and reason to PvP.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Is this a known issue?  This seriously screws up PvP, big time, and I certainly hope a fix is in the works for this, cause all the game balancing, tweaking, and add ons in the world won't help this game as long as this is possible.</span></p>

AziBam
06-21-2010, 11:25 AM
<p>Hrm, now I might have to go test something I was told recently.  I mentioned that I had lost a long fight the other day after I eventually went OOP.  Someone told me that just clicking off auto attack seemed to put them back into non-combat regen.  I dismissed it right away saying they must be mistaken.  Seeing your post makes me wonder if that is true.  I agree btw, if that's what is happening it's certainly a bug.</p>

Gretcheen
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
<p>Auto Attack; are you talking about the Tilde key? Any who, seems the game is favored for "Freeps". Start getting the better of a Freep, & they can run away at full speed, Me! I'm at zero speed, can't catch him. Seems it's always been like this. And if I try to run from him, can't, run speed zero !! Oh, why are there Level 95 guards outside the Freeport gate (from Commonlands)?? and only level 30 guards outside Quenos gates?? See what I mean? game is favored for Freeps !!!</p>

Jab
06-21-2010, 12:37 PM
<p>Sounds like something taken out of an everyday situation...</p><p>The sad truth is that fights are impossible to finish without bringin insane amounts of dmg to the table.</p><p>The pvp gear wards(low tiers),toughness,lag,CC duration change,and the concern u have raised all make it almost impossible to get a kill if the opponent dosent want to stick around</p><p>Something needs to be changed in that chain or else nobody will find this entertaining in the long run.</p><p>Cheers</p><p>jabib</p>

baldwinboy3
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
<p>I dont care about if fp or qey side is more favored or not because i can simply roll a toon on the side i perfer (or favored) or just betray.</p><p>I agree with the orginal post by terminaleyesore or close to that. I also play and inq and ranger, necro, and several other toons and no matter which toon i am on the other guy can simply run away after he got pwned for 90% of the fight. I use a 57% snare on  players that my inq has through a weapon in fg and still they run so fast and break combat even faster. this does not permote pvp at all.</p>

Dh
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
<p>I like it the way it is. The best part of the fight can be the chase or escape (evac not included here). Learn to adapt or quit.</p>

baldwinboy3
06-21-2010, 01:49 PM
<p>learn to adapt or quit? are u serious? that is why the eq2 is slowly fading away they have less than 1% of subs for MMO these days. Players like you saying things like learn to adapt. I do well in pvp cuz i am super twink but there is no stopping a runner. I guess you like to run dont  you? all poor little guy if they took your running and breaking combat to escape out it would hurt your kvd. [Removed for Content]</p>

Ralpmet
06-21-2010, 01:57 PM
<p>It's been real messed up ever since they changed it in the last expansion. It's not as bad as it initially was (Where you'd even drop combat chasing someone, and when you killed them you'd get no credit because you weren't in combat with them above 50%).</p><p>People saying "Learn to adapt" and such are people exploiting a broken mechanic and are generally no good at pvp.</p>

Taldier
06-21-2010, 02:14 PM
<p>Combat does not seem to break as long as you are continuously hitting someone.  I chased an oop pally all the way across cl as he tried to break combat and slowly killed him with autoattack.</p><p>This is probably somewhat biased against anyone who has to stop to cast, as their prey will eventually exit combat unless they can keep it cc'd in place long enough or they resort to running in and smacking with their little wand while they chase.  You also must be careful with knockback effects on uneven terrain as the person attempting to escape can use the boost to glide a fair distance away and break combat.</p><p>It is not a matter of simply turning off autoattack to exit combat.  Combat seems to break when you can get far enough away that the other person or group is not hitting you for several seconds.</p>

TerminalEyesore
06-21-2010, 02:32 PM
<p><span style="color: #ff9900;">Regarding it being impossible to kill anyone not wanting to stick around?</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">Well, I like long fights, and MUCH prefer them to fights that only last a few seconds.  But this situation of being able to go out of combat and quickly regen makes PvP kinda pointless in a LOT of situations.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">I think if just that situation alone were remedied, so that you can't just turn off auto attack, stand back, and almost right away go out of combat, the PvP would be MUCH more enjoyable (for those that honestly want a fair fight, and not a cheap win).</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">As for not being able to do enough damage in PvP to finish a fight, that's another matter altogether. Like I said, I enjoy longer fights, as long as one side or the other can be victorious, and it doesn't linger on hoplessly due to bad game mechanics.</span></p>

Dh
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
<p><cite>baldwinboy3 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>learn to adapt or quit? are u serious? that is why the eq2 is slowly fading away they have less than 1% of subs for MMO these days. Players like you saying things like learn to adapt. I do well in pvp cuz i am super twink but there is no stopping a runner. I guess you like to run dont  you? all poor little guy if they took your running and breaking combat to escape out it would hurt your kvd. [Removed for Content]</p></blockquote><p>No the reason eq2 is fading is because</p><p><strong>A</strong>) Sony don't advertize</p><p><strong>B</strong>) Sony takes forever to fix shiiit</p><p><strong>C</strong>ya</p>

baldwinboy3
06-21-2010, 05:10 PM
<p>no its people like you.</p><p>cya (noob)</p>

Heleptra
06-22-2010, 09:14 AM
<div><span ><a href="../user/profile.m?user_id=252161"><strong><span style="color: #3333ff;">Scramblede.</span></strong></a></span></div><div></div><div></div><div>God damit your dumb or you just dont like to fight.</div><div>      </div><div></div><div>The low lvl pvp is alredy [Removed for Content] up thanks to  a 200 ward to pvp gear. And tougness, high mitigation.</div><div></div><div>The fights last so god dam long and some classes like mages against scouts,tanks,healers are screwed.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>People gets of combat in group vs group fights to get power back quickly or run away.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>

Slow
06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Well 4-6 months ago? im not sure, but then soe had an update and after that people got out of combat in like 5 secounds without attacking? okay i tought it was a bug that would get fixed right away, i quit.. 4 months later im back and woot same $hit? i cant even imagine what kind off people there are working with the pvp server when they keep messing up the game so bad, worst thing is they dont even fix it! 2 weeks left on my sub, if nothings changed by then well...goodbye soe, back to darkfall were pvp actually works.

Gretcheen
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
<p>I.M.O , with every new "Update", the game is "Dumbed-Down" for the kiddies !! Arrgh !</p>

Dh
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
<p><cite>Heleptra wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><div><span><a href="../user/profile.m?user_id=252161"><strong><span style="color: #3333ff;">Scramblede.</span></strong></a></span></div><div></div><div></div><div>God damit your dumb or you just dont like to fight.</div><div>      </div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div></blockquote><p>Yeah I'm dumb. You are the one that says you have 6 wizards.</p><p>I can do this:</p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3gYrJ9GXRY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3gYrJ9GXRY</a></p><p>Can you?</p><p>Go get a real hobby stop paying Sony for this steaming pile of garbage. Wake up.</p><p>no, that is not me in the video i dont want you immature noobs down rating my vids.</p><p>this game is nothing but random numbers and buttons. always has been but now its more random than ever. not only do all of these random overpowered procs make the game less skill based, they exponentially slow down the servers causing lag. new hardware will not fix it. sinking ship. im out</p><p>good luck to all of you Leveling up IRL.</p>