PDA

View Full Version : 5$ Less per month till lag is fixed IMO

Pvpmedics
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
<p>This lag has been going on for over 2 years, and all they have to say is:<span ></span><p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=481131"></a></p></p><p>"There was no need for yet another thread complaining about lag.</p><p>It's a very well known issue that we've stated time and time again that we are working to resolve.</p><p>We understand that it is frustrating, but I assure you that it is just as frustrating and important to us to get it fixed.</p><p>We do not respond to flame posts of this nature except to shut them down.</p><p>You are welcome to express your discontent on this matter, provided that you do it in keeping with the forum guidelines - in an exisitng and appropriate thread and respectfully, without flaming, name calling, or otherwise abusive and unacceptable language.</p><p>Thank you."</p><p>That was posted by Kiara and she locked the post so we couldnt post anymore. I think we should pay 5$ less per month to play in the lag until the lag gets fixed becuase this is a bunch of crap. I hope everyone keeps pushing this on the forums, no matter how much they tell us not to post about the lag. Or it will never get fixed.</p>

zyllith
06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I think we should pay 5$ less per month to play in the lag until the lag gets fixed becuase this is a bunch of crap. I hope everyone keeps pushing this on the forums, no matter how much they tell us not to post about the lag. Or it will never get fixed.</p></blockquote><p>Excellent idea!  Contact your CC company, instruct them to send $5 less to SOE each month, and let us know how that works for you ...</p>

Pvpmedics
06-17-2010, 12:15 AM
<p>Thats not my point my point is that sony should charge us 5$ less per month to play and deal with this lag. People need to stop complaining about pvp and complain more about the #1 problem LAG!!!</p>

Crabshack
06-17-2010, 04:30 AM
<p>Quite honestly, locking the thread because the suggestion was made that you guys might be fools, pretty funny.</p><p>Look, in the end your game is held together by raiders.  Not the casual noobs that log in once a week to do an instance, or the people who like to make pretty houses.  The power gamers are the core of any MMO.  When there are fights where the main stopping point in a guild killing it is server lag there is a problem.  When zones can't be completed on certain nights because too many guilds are raiding the same zone it's pretty embarrassing of your hardware setup.</p><p>Locking a thread saying how there was no need, and how you've already commented on it blah blah blah.  I'm calling your bluf.  Show us all where there is meaningful talk about what is causing this horrible server lag, what is being done to <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">actually</span></strong> fix it, and finally the time table for this.  If this isn't the place for us to express our concerns, show us where, or give us somebody to call.  Don't just dismiss our pleas for you to get your act together.  Quite frankly, in this age of MMOs you folks can't afford to lose customers. Nor can you just keep quiet on things and hope we put up with it and shut our mouths. </p><p>It's bad enough you guys dropped the ball in a massive way with advertising this game so our potential player base will continue to decline.  But this year+ long massive server lag is a laughable display of your ability as a company to properly manage your time and priorities.  We knew we had big issues back in TSO when we could shout to other X4 raids raiding the same zone and see each others parses.  Things have somehow managed to get worse, you guys have problems.</p><p>I started playing EQ in 1999 on my first account, never in the history of your games has server performance ever been an issue like this.  How in this age of computer power can a modern MMO run by a top tier company suffer from such a horrible problem.  If WoW performed like this for 1 month the player base would be up in arms and blizzard would be on top of it. They'd do right by their players, no matter how stupid they might be.  We've dealt with your horrible server performance and suffered a massive losses in potential raiders.  You're killing your game, and I'm sure there are a few smart people in your company that know this all too well.  You're driving people away, even the most hardcore want to quit on the spot when faced with the idea of raiding 4 hours with 3-8 second spell lag.</p><p><strong>Fix it, or hire some people that can.</strong>  End of discussion.</p><p>P.S.  Instead of a lock, how about an actual dev respond and give us a timetable.</p>

Crabshack
06-17-2010, 04:50 AM
<p>Btw, you want a fine example of what I'm saying.  Take a visit to the website in my sig.  It doesn't exist anymore because I had to fold our guild just before entering into our 3rd year of being a guild because we simply couldn't recruit good players into the guild to replace the good players quitting the game entirely.  Your issues and the lack of communication about them is forcing players out, and that hurts everyone.  So don't dismiss us this time and open up the lines of communication for once.  Managing the community doesn't mean silencing them.</p>

YasikoSetsu
06-17-2010, 05:14 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Quite honestly, locking the thread because the suggestion was made that you guys might be fools, pretty funny.</p><p>Look, in the end your game is held together by raiders.  Not the casual noobs that log in once a week to do an instance, or the people who like to make pretty houses.  The power gamers are the core of any MMO.  When there are fights where the main stopping point in a guild killing it is server lag there is a problem.  When zones can't be completed on certain nights because too many guilds are raiding the same zone it's pretty embarrassing of your hardware setup.</p><p>Locking a thread saying how there was no need, and how you've already commented on it blah blah blah.  I'm calling your bluf.  Show us all where there is meaningful talk about what is causing this horrible server lag, what is being done to <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">actually</span></strong> fix it, and finally the time table for this.  If this isn't the place for us to express our concerns, show us where, or give us somebody to call.  Don't just dismiss our pleas for you to get your act together.  Quite frankly, in this age of MMOs you folks can't afford to lose customers. Nor can you just keep quiet on things and hope we put up with it and shut our mouths. </p><p>It's bad enough you guys dropped the ball in a massive way with advertising this game so our potential player base will continue to decline.  But this year+ long massive server lag is a laughable display of your ability as a company to properly manage your time and priorities.  We knew we had big issues back in TSO when we could shout to other X4 raids raiding the same zone and see each others parses.  Things have somehow managed to get worse, you guys have problems.</p><p>I started playing EQ in 1999 on my first account, never in the history of your games has server performance ever been an issue like this.  How in this age of computer power can a modern MMO run by a top tier company suffer from such a horrible problem.  If WoW performed like this for 1 month the player base would be up in arms and blizzard would be on top of it. They'd do right by their players, no matter how stupid they might be.  We've dealt with your horrible server performance and suffered a massive losses in potential raiders.  You're killing your game, and I'm sure there are a few smart people in your company that know this all too well.  You're driving people away, even the most hardcore want to quit on the spot when faced with the idea of raiding 4 hours with 3-8 second spell lag.</p><p><strong>Fix it, or hire some people that can.</strong>  End of discussion.</p><p>P.S.  Instead of a lock, how about an actual dev respond and give us a timetable.</p></blockquote><p>I'd state my opinion, but I'd just be rephrasing the quoted...</p><p>So a QFE will have to do.</p>

Shareana
06-17-2010, 08:50 AM
<p>How many posts do we REALLY need about the lag?  Kiara has stated that they are working on it...</p>