PDA

View Full Version : Mage gear needs strength

Texan345
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
<p>Mage gear is given absolutely no strength, so with a full set of challengers gear I am sitting at 118 str. Because of this I can become "overburdened" reducing my movement speed by 75% for over a minute by everything that can debuff strength. Everyone who pvps a lot knows this so therefore I'm reduced to 75% run speed immediately almost every time.</p><p>I have to bank all the bags on me before I go pvp, and even then I still weight 2lbs and become overburndened. My only alternative is giving up 80 int in adornments for str adornments, and even then this won't help if more than one person stacks str debuffs on me.</p><p>Being overburdened in pvp is a big deal, so its definately not ideal for mages with full challengers set to be so easily overburdened in pvp.</p><p>Please fix this asap.</p>

Aldhissla
06-12-2010, 07:54 PM
<p>Protip: Get gear with strength on it!</p>

Greggthegrmreapr
06-12-2010, 10:59 PM
<p><cite>Aldhissla wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Protip: Get gear with strength on it!</p></blockquote><p>QFE!</p><p>Playing on pvp server is about having the best gear for the situation.  I still wear a lot of T8 items because they add effects that are win in PvP.</p>

Eboncross
06-13-2010, 12:37 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Aldhissla wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Protip: Get gear with strength on it!</p></blockquote><p>QFE!</p><p>Playing on pvp server is about having the best gear for the situation.  I still wear a lot of T8 items because they add effects that are win in PvP.</p></blockquote><p>I noticed this bringing up my Illusionist. I had no strength in the 80's. Now that im 90 Most of my stuff has 5 str on it, just enough to help but I hear ya on some of the 80's equipment for the procs. Switching it out and then you cant hardly move due to STR being so low.</p>

Sprin
06-13-2010, 06:52 AM
<p><cite>Aldhissla wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Protip: Get gear with strength on it!</p></blockquote><p>Another Protip: use bags with weight reduction....</p><p>dont be cheap and just get the big boxes... the MC bags have just as much capacity now and have weight reduction as well...</p>

Texan345
06-14-2010, 03:24 AM
<p>All my bags have weight reduction. I only carry 10lbs on me. And i shouldn't be restricted to wearing old TSO pvp gear just because SOE doesn't put str on the new gear. So every other class gets to upgrade their gear but me because I still need the minimal strength it gives me? Even if I did wear that gear its still all too easy to stack str debuffs and still snare you.</p>

Aldhissla
06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
<p>I've heard there's more than just one set of gear per class per tier. Maybe you go find items with strength cause they definitely are out there.</p>

XustinuS
06-14-2010, 07:28 AM
<p>Carry str pots, everytime i have a few full bunch when one runs out directly click another one.</p>

Wytie
06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
<p>How about a cure?</p><p>How many cure pots and clicky cures can you use in a min?</p><p>If it bothers you that much find a secondary and or ranged slot item with alot of str and make a macro to equip them when you run out of other options. Since those slots can be equipped in combat. Then you can easly equip your others back.</p>

Texan345
06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
<p>Ya, I run with several stacks of strength potions now. It helps a lot but its still possible to get str debuffs stacked. I don't have any raid gear and don't want to sacrifice any of my pvp gear for random group str items.</p>