PDA

View Full Version : limit the number of players in WF's per faction ?

Proud_Silence
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
<p>The base idea of instancing the WF zones is good. Implementation was done horrible, without actually putting any thought into it, obviously.</p><p>I have yet to participate in a WF event, where i can do a "/ who" command and see more then 30 freeps.</p><p>Within minutes after announced WF, the zone is filled, usually with Q's.</p><p>Why aren't the player limitations per WF instance based upon faction rather then plain numbers of players ?</p><p>33 Q's</p><p>33 FP's</p><p>33 Exile</p><p>1 slot for olihin, so he can see for himself how fun it is to play on these Commodore 64 style servers.</p><p>Also make a HARDCAP. NO MORE THEN 100 PLAYERS.</p><p>Because you see this in various channels during WF's ( and the zone "pretending" to be full): "LF invite to CL2, please"</p><p>The current player cap is nothing but a speedbump. i've actually seen how at least a x 2 popped up near me, after zone was already "locked", all you need is one dude sending invites, and anyone can switch over.</p><p>When there's only one tower left, the picture looks identical to the times when only one CL and ANT would be open. a horde of Q's swarming the tower.</p>

Eboncross
06-13-2010, 01:20 AM
<p><cite>Proud_Silence wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The base idea of instancing the WF zones is good. Implementation was done horrible, without actually putting any thought into it, obviously.</p><p>I have yet to participate in a WF event, where i can do a "/ who" command and see more then 30 freeps.</p><p>Within minutes after announced WF, the zone is filled, usually with Q's.</p><p>Why aren't the player limitations per WF instance based upon faction rather then plain numbers of players ?</p><p>33 Q's</p><p>33 FP's</p><p>33 Exile</p><p>1 slot for olihin, so he can see for himself how fun it is to play on these Commodore 64 style servers.</p><p>Also make a HARDCAP. NO MORE THEN 100 PLAYERS.</p><p>Because you see this in various channels during WF's ( and the zone "pretending" to be full): "LF invite to CL2, please"</p><p>The current player cap is nothing but a speedbump. i've actually seen how at least a x 2 popped up near me, after zone was already "locked", all you need is one dude sending invites, and anyone can switch over.</p><p>When there's only one tower left, the picture looks identical to the times when only one CL and ANT would be open. a horde of Q's swarming the tower.</p></blockquote><p>Agree, but this can hurt both sides with all the grey leechers that are out. They need to make greys not be able to attack above 10 levels as well before they implement this. I think today the greys out numbered the 90 whites in CL during the warfield battle.</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"> </p>