PDA

View Full Version : There is a simple way to promote PvP on PvP servers

Chia_Pet
06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
<p>It does not require Warfields, it does not require cheap gear, it does not require easy rewards.</p><p>It requires the best gear.</p><p>Plain and simple.</p><p>Take the BG gear, add PvE only stats and effects to it</p><p>Add crit mit on par or better then raid gear.</p><p>boost token costs BACK up to where they should be.</p><p>this in and of itself will promote PvP. by adding the stats to PvP server gear only you ensure that PvE servers dont get unbalanced, you ensure that BGs ARE balanced(PvE effects wont work in BG's) and you single handedly revive open world PvP.</p><p>its that simple.</p><p>AFTER you have that worked out and implemented you can add objectives for us.</p><p>This again involves REMOVING multi-tier PvP.</p><p>Adding objectives to tiered zones.</p><p>making each objective a reward in itself.</p><p>for example, 5 areas to fight over in each zone, near griff towers etc to promote movement.</p><p>Defend a spot for a small amount of time, say 10 minutes, and recieve 5 tokens.</p><p>overcome a position and gain 5 tokens.</p><p>this allows those outnumbered to pool thier resources and hit individual places, keeping the ability to scoot and attack a less protected position then the one guarded by a x3.</p><p>Always moving, always able to move elsewhere ensures that a well formed group, though they may be outnumbered in a zone, will have a chance to keep going and get rewarded.</p><p>ensuring that at least 2 zones for each tier has this, allows even more movement and more options.</p><p>Its not perfect, but we cant do much about the numbers atm. and this would at least give the outnumbered side a chance at being rewarded.</p><p>keep in mind the lamers that normally didnt PvP before warfields probably wont be coming out much anyway now that theyd have to constantly WORK at getting thier rewards.</p>

Heleptra
06-10-2010, 03:49 AM
<p>No offense my friend but pvp isint all about gear, Its about a nice adrealin rush,the feeling that u accomplished something.</p><p>THERE IS NO RISK VS REWARD Like it used to be,before they took fame away.</p><p>thats why pvp gets usless and booring in the end,I dont understand why it has become so carebare like wow and other chldren games. Eq2 was a hard game and more for adults when it came out.</p><p>I stil love eq2 Thanks to great quests and lore,zones... But when it comes down to pvp,, Yes its fun til u have ur gear ,Im just saying theres a lack of respect in pvp.</p><p>Hartsia 80 wiz Good</p><p>hartsiax 70 wiz Evil</p><p>Hartsias 70wiz Good           23k pvp kills total.</p><p>Armadyl 40 wiz Exiled</p><p>Bloodtear 37 wiz Exiled</p><p>Argania 15 wiz Good</p>

YasikoSetsu
06-10-2010, 04:04 AM
<p>There was <em>nothing </em>like running theough a zone, seeing that all too familiar name pop on tracking, looking down at your bars, and even if you needed to - evac was down. The pure adrenaline rush of fighting another Dreadnaught, General, take your pick, was simply intense... I remember points after fights where I'd be at red hp, and just lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling for a bit, haha.</p><p>A few people didnt like the fame system, but for most, it added an awesome sense of risk when going in to a fight with a similarly geared player, in most cases. Now it's just a slugfest, and death is no big thing.</p><p>Open up a poll to bring back the old fame system, Olihin. I'm not a mind reader, but I can take a guess at the response it would get. =P</p>

Dh
06-10-2010, 07:47 AM
<p><span style="font-size: small;"><strong>Promote PVP</strong></span></p><p>Remove perm immunity from revive and evac points in contested zones. Add Epic guards in their place in the zone's level range. Give the guards decent rare loot drops that only drop to opposing faction.</p><p>Remove PVP writs and bring back body drops. ( this is what really made PVP go down the doo doo drain you all know it )</p><p>Bring back fame loss and reset all fame to zero.</p><p>Remove all of the items that grant more than 2 types of CC immunity at a time or change potions to only do one immunity at a time. Put them all on sep lowered recast timers. People will have to be aware of which immune potion to push and will separate (the "immunity-to-all-pushers" that win cas of the powerful potions) from the (people that know when and what they have on them pushers.)</p><p>R.I.P. Master PoisonR.I.P. Master NosiopR.I.P. Master BaiteR.I.P. General DhyeR.I.P. General Took</p><p>Yeah I took 5 month break and I'm back on a locked toon. Sub fee was only $10 that helps but $15 next month is kinda pushing it. </p><p>Oh yeah and here is a classic masterpiece  <a href="http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv">http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv</a></p><p>Battlefield 2 (yes the 2005 game not the crappy BF2 BC2) is only $10 get all expansions free and has best flying/shooting experience ever. Everything is perfectly balanced imo and people got real skills. BF2 is the place to satisfy your PVP needs when you get sick of clicking buttons in lag that is $15 a month. If you get 15-20 fps in eq2 on lowest settings, Battlefield2 is eye candy on your machine with settings all the way up steady average 60-70fps. P4 2gb ram Nvidia 7800gs get you to 90 fps in some places highest settings and it even looks great. just saying... check out bf2 youtube stunt vids while you have ur coffee.</p>

Jacquotte
06-10-2010, 07:48 AM
<p><cite>YasikoSetsuna wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There was <em>nothing </em>like running theough a zone, seeing that all too familiar name pop on tracking, looking down at your bars, and even if you needed to - evac was down. The pure adrenaline rush of fighting another Dreadnaught, General, take your pick, was simply intense... I remember points after fights where I'd be at red hp, and just lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling for a bit, haha.</p><p>A few people didnt like the fame system, but for most, it added an awesome sense of risk when going in to a fight with a similarly geared player, in most cases. Now it's just a slugfest, and death is no big thing.</p><p>Open up a poll to bring back the old fame system, Olihin. I'm not a mind reader, but I can take a guess at the response it would get. =P</p></blockquote><p>QFE - it would certainly add the risk vs reward and bring back the adrenalinerush that used to be eq2pvp</p>

Darry
06-10-2010, 07:51 AM
<p><cite>Chia_Pet wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Take the BG gear, add PvE only stats and effects to it</p><p>Add crit mit on par or better then raid gear.</p></blockquote><p>Stopped reading after this.</p><p>Just no.</p>

ShesSoSurreal
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
<p><cite>YasikoSetsuna wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There was <em>nothing </em>like running theough a zone, seeing that all too familiar name pop on tracking, looking down at your bars, and even if you needed to - evac was down. The pure adrenaline rush of fighting another Dreadnaught, General, take your pick, was simply intense... I remember points after fights where I'd be at red hp, and just lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling for a bit, haha.</p><p>A few people didnt like the fame system, but for most, it added an awesome sense of risk when going in to a fight with a similarly geared player, in most cases. Now it's just a slugfest, and death is no big thing.</p><p>Open up a poll to bring back the old fame system, Olihin. I'm not a mind reader, but I can take a guess at the response it would get. =P</p></blockquote><p>Agreed. Sure it  was frustrating.. but only because it was engaging and fun. Zergs exist because people don't care if they die. No risk, no real fight. It has turned into all rewards...too many rewards. I love to pvp and find myself not craving to do it anymore. There used to be something to prove. Even if the system was a little broken- it was SOMETHING. Now there is nothing to it. I miss the fame risk/reward. I miss tokens in chests. I miss being able to interupt people from flying away >.< I miss recognizing good players because you saw them out in the wild... everywhere you went.</p><p>I love EQ2, and I see what warfields should be...but  I see what they are not, too. We desperatly moved away from the KP zerg just to have it again even worse. "Open world pvp" should not only exist in 2 zones. Of course this is also everyones responsiblily. I would tell people to leave the warfields and hunt.. but why bother when you cab get such great "rewards" with the zerg.</p>

EndevorX
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
<p><cite>Chia_Pet wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It does not require Warfields, it does not require cheap gear, it does not require easy rewards.</p><p>It requires the best gear.</p><p>Plain and simple.</p><p>Take the BG gear, add PvE only stats and effects to it</p><p>Add crit mit on par or better then raid gear.</p><p>boost token costs BACK up to where they should be.</p><p>this in and of itself will promote PvP. by adding the stats to PvP server gear only you ensure that PvE servers dont get unbalanced, you ensure that BGs ARE balanced(PvE effects wont work in BG's) and you single handedly revive open world PvP.</p><p>its that simple.</p><p>AFTER you have that worked out and implemented you can add objectives for us.</p><p>This again involves REMOVING multi-tier PvP.</p><p>Adding objectives to tiered zones.</p><p>making each objective a reward in itself.</p><p>for example, 5 areas to fight over in each zone, near griff towers etc to promote movement.</p><p>Defend a spot for a small amount of time, say 10 minutes, and recieve 5 tokens.</p><p>overcome a position and gain 5 tokens.</p><p>this allows those outnumbered to pool thier resources and hit individual places, keeping the ability to scoot and attack a less protected position then the one guarded by a x3.</p><p>Always moving, always able to move elsewhere ensures that a well formed group, though they may be outnumbered in a zone, will have a chance to keep going and get rewarded.</p><p>ensuring that at least 2 zones for each tier has this, allows even more movement and more options.</p><p>Its not perfect, but we cant do much about the numbers atm. and this would at least give the outnumbered side a chance at being rewarded.</p><p>keep in mind the lamers that normally didnt PvP before warfields probably wont be coming out much anyway now that theyd have to constantly WORK at getting thier rewards.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">gooooood posttttt</span></p>

Eboncross
06-13-2010, 01:34 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="font-size: small;"><strong>Promote PVP</strong></span></p><p>Remove perm immunity from revive and evac points in contested zones. <strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">Remove EVAC period on pvp server</span>.</strong> Add Epic guards in their place in the zone's level range. Give the guards decent rare loot drops that only drop to opposing faction.</p><p>Remove PVP writs and bring back body drops. ( this is what really made PVP go down the doo doo drain you all know it ) <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>GOD no. I hated killing people to have the leachers steal my body thats bs.</strong></span></p><p>Bring back fame loss and reset all fame to zero. <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Im all for this as long as certain criteria is met first. No more evacing for the fame [Removed for Content]. This will just promote everybody to be a scout again like in the Kunark days. Also does fame really mean anything when people were selling fame hits before?</strong></span></p><p>Remove all of the items that grant more than 2 types of CC immunity at a time or change potions to only do one immunity at a time. Put them all on sep lowered recast timers. People will have to be aware of which immune potion to push and will separate (the "immunity-to-all-pushers" that win cas of the powerful potions) from the (people that know when and what they have on them pushers.)</p><p>R.I.P. Master PoisonR.I.P. Master NosiopR.I.P. Master BaiteR.I.P. General DhyeR.I.P. General Took</p><p>Yeah I took 5 month break and I'm back on a locked toon. Sub fee was only $10 that helps but $15 next month is kinda pushing it. </p><p>Oh yeah and here is a classic masterpiece  <a href="http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv">http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv</a></p><p>Battlefield 2 (yes the 2005 game not the crappy BF2 BC2) is only $10 get all expansions free and has best flying/shooting experience ever. Everything is perfectly balanced imo and people got real skills. BF2 is the place to satisfy your PVP needs when you get sick of clicking buttons in lag that is $15 a month. If you get 15-20 fps in eq2 on lowest settings, Battlefield2 is eye candy on your machine with settings all the way up steady average 60-70fps. P4 2gb ram Nvidia 7800gs get you to 90 fps in some places highest settings and it even looks great. just saying... check out bf2 youtube stunt vids while you have ur coffee.</p></blockquote>

Alazarz
06-13-2010, 08:15 AM
<p>Ditch the WF IDEA..  Promote good open world pvp by making the gear extremely tough to get..  (totally diff gear than BG gear) each writ would give one token. your BP for example would cost 150 - 200 tokens.. And you could never complete more than 1 writ back to back in any one zone.. this would force us to use diffrent zones. And mabey eliminate the zerg..This could be disasterous i suppose or it could work really well.. justa  thought.</p><p>Take out evac ( scouts can run faster than crusaders anyhow!!) lolz</p><p>Take out non instanced immunity..</p><p>Bring fame loss back</p><p>Put pve crit mit on the gear (MINUS RED SLOT ADORNS OFCOURSE THAT WOULD WARANT SET BONUSES)</p>

Earthshine
06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
<p>If we want to promote PvP why try to come up with new and brillliant ideas when we could go with what we know already works?  If you go back to KoS launch, PvP with all of its flaws was at its peak. Everything they have done to PvP since then has been counter-productive. People exploited XP debt to maximize AA so they removed it. Now, we can just move our AA slider to 100, lol. People level locked so they could not only compete in PvP, but so that they could also experience each tier of the game to its fullest. Well they removed level-locking because they feared the loss of new players from veteran griefers. What happened? They lost many more subs on that move than they could've ever potentially retained. Now, welcome back level-locking, which is great except that there aren't any new players to "grief". People complained about fame whoring so what did they do? They removed the only incentive most people needed to actively seek PvP. Everyone wanted to "earn" a cool title so they hung out on EL docks, griefed harvesters in full groups, or chilled in SS waiting for someone to engage so they could zone in a full group and roll em (LOL). Now, we have BG's, Warfields, and Blubie PvP gear.It took me a year and a half to level my first toon to endgame, because I level locked and maximized every tier. It was so much fun to experience everything this game had to offer and thats the kind of "new-player experience" that retains subs and promotes by word of mouth. Even if they did a complete rollback to the ruleset we had two years ago, it would not make up for all of the cancelled subscriptions incurred by SoE's attempts at "improving" the game.</p>

Chia_Pet
06-13-2010, 01:03 PM
<p>Becuase except for scouts, PvP blew....your mind is recalling only the fun times.</p><p>back then a healer out alone got NOTHING, scouts ran around all day soloing getting all the tokens, leeching off group fights then stealing the token drop. no thianks.</p><p>what ive outlined makes it fair to everyone. if people want to bring back a fame system, thats fine, i dont care either way.</p><p>The decline of PvP was brought about by ALOT of things.</p><p>The days of everscout need to stay in the past.</p>

Kota
06-13-2010, 05:53 PM
<p><cite>Chia_Pet wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Becuase except for scouts, PvP blew....your mind is recalling only the fun times.</p><p>back then a healer out alone got NOTHING, scouts ran around all day soloing getting all the tokens, leeching off group fights then stealing the token drop. no thianks.</p><p>what ive outlined makes it fair to everyone. if people want to bring back a fame system, thats fine, i dont care either way.</p><p>The decline of PvP was brought about by ALOT of things.</p><p>The days of everscout need to stay in the past.</p></blockquote>

EndevorX
06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p> <blockquote><p>Ditch the WF IDEA..  Promote good open world pvp by making the gear extremely tough to get..  (totally diff gear than BG gear) each writ would give one token. your BP for example would cost 150 - 200 tokens.. And you could never complete more than 1 writ back to back in any one zone.. this would force us to use diffrent zones. And mabey eliminate the zerg..This could be disasterous i suppose or it could work really well.. justa  thought.</p><p>Take out evac ( scouts can run faster than crusaders anyhow!!) lolz</p><p>Take out non instanced immunity..</p><p>Bring fame loss back</p><p>Put pve crit mit on the gear (MINUS RED SLOT ADORNS OFCOURSE THAT WOULD WARANT SET BONUSES)</p></blockquote> <p><span style="color: #ff6600;">imo I don't think gear costing more would alleviate congested areas of PvP. This is due to the warfields, and the convenience they've created in providing new chokepoints. Though, that isn't to say gear costing extreme amounts shouldn't be available, that with potent attributes. </span></p> <p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Aside from that, I think the greatest current issue is the lack of objectives tiered by zone, </span><span style="color: #ff6600;">which I think we all agree is an unneeded addition to lag with a lot of players around that can't have any effect on each other.</span></p> <p><span style="color: #ff6600;">Evacuation, I don't think, should be removed though, as it has its PvE uses, and when PvP is strong and healthy, people aren't looking to evacuate.</span></p> <p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Though, I do agree with, say, immunity only lasting 1 minute and not being indefinite, to allow for sickness to drop.</span></p> <p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Personally, I feel EQ2 deserves some truly unique and creative objectives, and not simplistic rehashes of things previously done, like tower grabs. But I'mma have to make my own thread on that! ;P</span></p>

Nemas Ravenor
06-25-2010, 05:13 PM
<p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p><p>But removing PVP gear from the game entirely, and taking away Rally Banners and Call of the Veteran would force people to run instances and experience the game again.  And when you have to run through ten zones to get to your instance we would actually be able to find PVP.</p><p>Right now there is absolutely no reason to do any of the game's instances once you reach Max AA because the gear is useless and by sitting in the zerg you can get gear to become uber with zero effort.</p><p>This used to be a game that rewarded dedication to playing the PVE aspects (isntances and raid zones) and you could then go out and have fun pvping.</p><p>So, bring back the old fame system where you lost infamy upon dying, and remove PVP gear entirely so you have to go out and play the game again.</p>

Pinino-Lfg
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
<p>PVP gear being taken out would be nice, but honestly your reaching pretty high asking for them to go and take away everyones gear, they would get so many outcries and upset people on the forums about this, i was fine when pvp gear was only jewelry and wepons, leave the armor alone raid gear will suffice.</p><p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong><em>Getting rid of writ givers and</em></strong> <strong><em>bring back body drop tokens- </em></strong></span>, this allows the player to pick the spot where he wants to hunt, this doesnt only help scouts this helps everyone specially now when Fighters Priests Mages have so much survivability against scouts these days... not to mention for the people that dont care about fame loss you still recieve a token for a kill.</p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Immunity- </span></em></strong> please get rid of immunity the more realistic the more thrilling, the more you have to lose the scarier it is to go out into the wild</p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><em>Fame Loss</em></span></strong> - if you have somthing to lose you care more about having it taken from you, more of a pride thing for some.</p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Disable Evac -</span></em></strong> im a scout, i love the thrill of catching somone before they get an evac off or interrupting thier evac, but i myself think if they were unable to cast the spell all together, except in instances possibly for pve.. , it would provide for far more interesting stories on pvp server atleast, far more plat drops anyways.... also makes it more incentive to hunt questsers , and create variety of fighting areas, hunters go where the quests are...</p><p><strong><em><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Expensive PVP gear- </span></em></strong>making pvp server gear far more expensive and making it worth your while, making it more difficult by increasing the value of each piece or items creates a want aswell as a second motivation for pvp.... a great insentive is the one that only few have</p><p>some ideas i believe would make anyone motivated to pvp</p>

Taldier
06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
<p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p></blockquote><p>This is an incredibly narrow minded and simply false statement.</p><p>None of the scouts are anywhere near the strength that they used to be relative to other classes.</p><p>Body drops help anyone who enjoys a system with incentives for winning while outnumbered instead of calling as many people as you possibly can to help you so that you can magically dupe tokens out of mid air for everyone who can find their range attack button.</p>

Ekelefer
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
<p>I'm a 3+ yr veteran of EQ 2 pvp here and was lucky enough to enjoy the system's heyday. A lot of what drove players to be the best rather than wear the best has been removed from the game.</p><p>FAME: Bring back the old fame system. It wasn't perfect but neither was it inorganic. What we have now is as lifeless as current open-world pvp.</p><p>GEAR: This game has become so gear dependant that the struggle to equip yourself is greater than the thrill of the hunt. In fact, there isn't any hunting anymore and if there is, it's as typical and thrilling as running a mile around a track. Gear should be something that developes with your character instead of a plateau you reach before you can start your journey upward again. Bring back body drops for Tokens. Allow players to purchase Basic Gear with tokens. There should be Treasured, Legendary and Fabled Basic Armor pieces to be purchased and each piece would have class appropriate stats, resistances, mitigation and health and power. In addition each piece, depending on its status (Treasured, Legendary, Fabled) would have an Improvement Cap and allowable Bonuses. Treasured would have an Improvement Cap of 25% and No Allowable Bonuses. Legendary would have an Improvement Cap of 50% and 2 Allowable Bonuses with Fabled having an Improvement Cap of 75% with 3 Allowable Bonuses.</p><p>Gear Levels: Each piece of gear purchased would start off at level 0 and would peak at level 25. Gear can only gain experience by being worn when killing a pvp target. With each level gained the piece of equipment's inherent stats and Improvement cap will be increased by .5% with a total increase of 12.5% at level 25.   </p><p>Improvement Cap: This is the maximum you are allowed to improve any and all stats on your armor by spending points earned by pvp kills, much like the AA system works, and by leveling your equipment through successful pvp encounters (this latter option will give you a .5% increase with each level that doesn't cost any points and, in fact, allows the player to purchase options other than upgrades to inherent stats). A piece of Legendary Gear with a Cap of 60% and an inherent 60 points of Stamina can have that inherent stamina upgraded to 96. </p><p>Gear Points: Only earned through pvp and are spent just like AAs (no vendor involved). For example: a shadowknight has a  Level 0 Fabled PvP breastplate that has 600 Mitigation, 350health, 350pwr, 45str,50ta and 35agi and 600 to all Reistsance types. With 1 point he can purchase a 10% upgrade to any 1 stat. For 2 Points he can purchase 20 Wisdom for his breastplate. For 3 Points he can purchase 200 points of Resistance towards Arcane, elemental or Noxious effects. For 10 pts he can purchase a Stifle proc that will trigger 5% of the time (once purchased the trigger rate can be improved by .5% per point spent at the cost of artificially raising the the breastplates Improvement Meter toward its cap by 1%.).</p><p>Allowable Bonuses: These are procs such as stun, run speed increase, snare, root, etc. It is also passive improvements such as +DPS, +%Crit Chance, +In-Combat Power Regen etc. Each allowable bonus purchased will decrease the enhanced piece of equipment's Improvement Cap by 10%. Three Allowable Bonuses on a level 25 Fabled piece would drop its Cap from 87.5% to 57.5%.All purchaseable procs are checked against Class abilities and scaled down accordingly as to not encroach on another classess forte.</p><p>Fame: For every rank a player is above you, you recieve a 10% exp bonus if you recieve credit for killing him.</p><p>Body Drops: In addition to tokens, players have a chance to outright drop equipment upgrades. These upgrades are drag and drop and will increase the improvement meter accordingly.</p><p>CONSEQUENCE: Everytime a player dies in pvp his pvp-gear (which cannot be switched out once engaged) will be damaged until it has become broken. Everytime a piece of pvp equipment is repaired (whether it is at 90% or 10%) its stats will be decreased by 5 to 15%, unless a player opts to sacrifice 1 unspent gear point for each piece in need of repair. Repairing from 0% will cause stats to be lowered by 10-20%.</p><p>The above isn't fully thought out and the numbers aren't realistic but I hope the idea is found at least intrigueing. The concept that gear can only be improved through pvp comebat rather than earned as a reward for pvp combat I believe would leave players with no other option than to live pvp.    </p>

Crismorn
06-25-2010, 09:41 PM
<p>Get rid of level ranges, buh bye leechers and twink squads that like to form up for free tokens.</p><p>Force the population to play at 90</p>

EndevorX
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Get rid of level ranges, buh bye leechers and twink squads that like to form up for free tokens.</p><p>Force the population to play at 90</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">This would be short-sighted and completely contradictory to the strategic move that has reinstated level locking, which enables players to enjoy a particular tier aside from T9, absent the <em>extreme </em>timesink that is being competitive at the top tier.</span></p>

Crismorn
06-26-2010, 07:03 PM
<p>You could still level lock at low tiers, though I would not recommend it</p>

Kota
06-26-2010, 08:20 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p></blockquote><p>This is an incredibly narrow minded and simply false statement.</p><p>None of the scouts are anywhere near the strength that they used to be relative to other classes.</p><p>Body drops help anyone who enjoys a system with incentives for winning while outnumbered instead of calling as many people as you possibly can to help you so that you can magically dupe tokens out of mid air for everyone who can find their range attack button.</p></blockquote><p>if they bring back body drops i'm gonna make a list of all the ppl that asked for it's return and follow them around leeching and stealing their tokens.</p>

Taldier
06-26-2010, 09:26 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p></blockquote><p>This is an incredibly narrow minded and simply false statement.</p><p>None of the scouts are anywhere near the strength that they used to be relative to other classes.</p><p>Body drops help anyone who enjoys a system with incentives for winning while outnumbered instead of calling as many people as you possibly can to help you so that you can magically dupe tokens out of mid air for everyone who can find their range attack button.</p></blockquote><p>if they bring back body drops i'm gonna make a list of all the ppl that asked for it's return and follow them around leeching and stealing their tokens.</p></blockquote><p>Good luck, I dont announce my position begging for help.</p><p>Pvp servers would be a better place if everyone pretended that tokens were still body dropped instead of humping each others legs in mass lag orgies every time they see an enemy.</p>

Eboncross
06-27-2010, 12:00 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p></blockquote><p>This is an incredibly narrow minded and simply false statement.</p><p>None of the scouts are anywhere near the strength that they used to be relative to other classes.</p><p>Body drops help anyone who enjoys a system with incentives for winning while outnumbered instead of calling as many people as you possibly can to help you so that you can magically dupe tokens out of mid air for everyone who can find their range attack button.</p></blockquote><p>if they bring back body drops i'm gonna make a list of all the ppl that asked for it's return and follow them around leeching and stealing their tokens.</p></blockquote><p>Good luck, I dont announce my position begging for help.</p><p>Pvp servers would be a better place if everyone pretended that tokens were still body dropped instead of humping each others legs in mass lag orgies every time they see an enemy.</p></blockquote><p>I don't want to see body drops back. The greys keep stealing my 5 copper drops from chests all the time as it is right now. The ones that say writs give too many tokens need to think the same amount of kills (6) will give you more tokens with body drops.</p>

Messia
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
<p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</span></p><p>But removing PVP gear from the game entirely, and taking away Rally Banners and Call of the Veteran would force people to run instances and experience the game again.  And when you have to run through ten zones to get to your instance we would actually be able to find PVP.</p><p>Right now there is absolutely no reason to do any of the game's instances once you reach Max AA because the gear is useless and by sitting in the zerg you can get gear to become uber with zero effort.</p><p>This used to be a game that rewarded dedication to playing the PVE aspects (isntances and raid zones) and you could then go out and have fun pvping.</p><p>So, bring back the old fame system where you lost infamy upon dying, and remove PVP gear entirely so you have to go out and play the game again.</p></blockquote><p>This would be simply untrue if it retained the same rule set for loot as anythign else .... if you attacked first the chest would be yours, and if you are in a group you can set the loot options ... so how would this only benefit a scout?</p>

Nemas Ravenor
06-28-2010, 05:20 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</span></p><p>But removing PVP gear from the game entirely, and taking away Rally Banners and Call of the Veteran would force people to run instances and experience the game again.  And when you have to run through ten zones to get to your instance we would actually be able to find PVP.</p><p>Right now there is absolutely no reason to do any of the game's instances once you reach Max AA because the gear is useless and by sitting in the zerg you can get gear to become uber with zero effort.</p><p>This used to be a game that rewarded dedication to playing the PVE aspects (isntances and raid zones) and you could then go out and have fun pvping.</p><p>So, bring back the old fame system where you lost infamy upon dying, and remove PVP gear entirely so you have to go out and play the game again.</p></blockquote><p>This would be simply untrue if it retained the same rule set for loot as anythign else .... if you attacked first the chest would be yours, and if you are in a group you can set the loot options ... so how would this only benefit a scout?</p></blockquote><p>You obviously starting playing the game during TSO.  Which is another sad statement about this game because there are players who think the zerg is the way PVP is supposed to be.  A few years ago, you had to run around zones "looking" for pvp.  You didn't just zone to KP or CL and stand around in a mass of people.  You had to "hunt".  And back then, scouts had a major advantage in getting more tokens than everyone else because they have track. </p><p>With a solo scout and a solo wizard standing in PoF and someone pops up on track 500 feet away that the wizard can't see, the scout can easily just go kill them and they get their tokens, the wizard gets nothing.  Repeat this scenario a 100 times and the scout gets his PVP gear, the wizard nothing.</p><p>But, all the casters, priests and fighters complained about this too much and writs were introduced to the system.  Just touch someone and it doesn't matter who kills him, you get your update.  Then they made PVP gear super cheap and voila:  all you have to do is stand in one place and you get 200 tokens like that.</p><p>I digress, sorry for the trip down PVP memory lane.  If they bring back body drops and you aren't a scout, and if they do something else to make the zerg go away, then you too will understand how body drops only help scouts. </p><p>There was once upon a time where there was no PVP gear.  People did it just because it was an awesome aspect of the game that was really fun.</p><p>That's why I'd love to lose PvP gear entirely and make people have to camp rare spawns in contested dungeons to finish HQs that would give you an uber item:  Remember 12 hour respawn timers on The Creator and having to fight off groups of T4 Qs just so you could finish Ghoulbane, because Ghoulbane was frakking op back then?</p><p>You had to PVE in order to be better at PVP.</p><p>That is the best version of the game that I remember loving. </p>

Taldier
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</p></blockquote><p>This is an incredibly narrow minded and simply false statement.</p><p>None of the scouts are anywhere near the strength that they used to be relative to other classes.</p><p>Body drops help anyone who enjoys a system with incentives for winning while outnumbered instead of calling as many people as you possibly can to help you so that you can magically dupe tokens out of mid air for everyone who can find their range attack button.</p></blockquote><p>if they bring back body drops i'm gonna make a list of all the ppl that asked for it's return and follow them around leeching and stealing their tokens.</p></blockquote><p>Good luck, I dont announce my position begging for help.</p><p>Pvp servers would be a better place if everyone pretended that tokens were still body dropped instead of humping each others legs in mass lag orgies every time they see an enemy.</p></blockquote><p>I don't want to see body drops back. The greys keep stealing my 5 copper drops from chests all the time as it is right now. The ones that say writs give too many tokens need to think the same amount of kills (6) will give you more tokens with body drops.</p></blockquote><p>If you dont always pvp in a massive 10 to 1 lagzergorgy no one will be there to steal your tokens.</p><p>The specific system doesnt matter, body drops, status, faction, something else all together.</p><p>Just stop awarding people by magically generating tokens based on the number of people who can hit someone before they die.</p><p>Outnumbering your opponent should decrease rewards not multiply them.</p>

Tamango
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
<p>Everyone knows we are all [Removed for Content] in the way and facing the way the wind blows. Soe as only cared for theblue server and will never fix the pvp. We have seen this so many times and have posted so many ideas about how pvp could use the help. But nothing ever happens. I myself would like to see pvp everyone vs everyone, Guild vs Guild. like the good old days in eq1. Put more into the game then WF's and sorry GB's. Pvp was always about the thrill of the hunt and the fight. With this being said i pray to the pvp gods. BRING BACK MY PVP!</p>

Forebian
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="font-size: small;"><strong>Promote PVP</strong></span></p><p>Remove perm immunity from revive and evac points in contested zones. Add Epic guards in their place in the zone's level range. Give the guards decent rare loot drops that only drop to opposing faction.</p><p>Remove PVP writs and bring back body drops. ( this is what really made PVP go down the doo doo drain you all know it )</p><p>Bring back fame loss and reset all fame to zero.</p><p>Remove all of the items that grant more than 2 types of CC immunity at a time or change potions to only do one immunity at a time. Put them all on sep lowered recast timers. People will have to be aware of which immune potion to push and will separate (the "immunity-to-all-pushers" that win cas of the powerful potions) from the (people that know when and what they have on them pushers.)</p><p>R.I.P. Master PoisonR.I.P. Master NosiopR.I.P. Master BaiteR.I.P. General DhyeR.I.P. General Took</p><p>Yeah I took 5 month break and I'm back on a locked toon. Sub fee was only $10 that helps but $15 next month is kinda pushing it. </p><p>Oh yeah and here is a classic masterpiece  <a href="http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv">http://www.filefront.com/14272169/dhyepvpvid.wmv</a></p><p>Battlefield 2 (yes the 2005 game not the crappy BF2 BC2) is only $10 get all expansions free and has best flying/shooting experience ever. Everything is perfectly balanced imo and people got real skills. BF2 is the place to satisfy your PVP needs when you get sick of clicking buttons in lag that is $15 a month. If you get 15-20 fps in eq2 on lowest settings, Battlefield2 is eye candy on your machine with settings all the way up steady average 60-70fps. P4 2gb ram Nvidia 7800gs get you to 90 fps in some places highest settings and it even looks great. just saying... check out bf2 youtube stunt vids while you have ur coffee.</p></blockquote><p>I loved BF2 and other than the pilots (both rotary and fixed wing) [Removed for Content] bases for massive kills it was pretty balanced. However, not sure where you're playing it. The last time I installed and logged on there were maybe a dozen servers left. It was - imo - the best FPS ever...but it's dead I think.</p><p>As far as the topic of this thread. I quit in 2006 as a level 67 wizard because I was defenseless in nearly all circumstances in PvP vs. Melee. I came back a month ago and have found that it's even worse due to the introduction of high-end PvP gear. I haven't been around long enough to give a valid opinion. Let me gear up and AA to the max then I'll let you know. I do know I've run into a couple of wizards in the BGs who are max'd AA and in full Battlemage gear and they're hard as hell to kill.</p>

Wileycoyote
06-29-2010, 06:03 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Get rid of level ranges, buh bye leechers and twink squads that like to form up for free tokens.</p><p>Force the population to play at 90</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff6600;">This would be short-sighted and completely contradictory to the strategic move that has reinstated level locking, which enables players to enjoy a particular tier aside from T9, absent the <em>extreme </em>timesink that is being competitive at the top tier.</span></p></blockquote><p>Aren't you the banned or previously banned dude?</p>

ailen
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</span></p><p>But removing PVP gear from the game entirely, and taking away Rally Banners and Call of the Veteran would force people to run instances and experience the game again.  And when you have to run through ten zones to get to your instance we would actually be able to find PVP.</p><p>Right now there is absolutely no reason to do any of the game's instances once you reach Max AA because the gear is useless and by sitting in the zerg you can get gear to become uber with zero effort.</p><p>This used to be a game that rewarded dedication to playing the PVE aspects (isntances and raid zones) and you could then go out and have fun pvping.</p><p>So, bring back the old fame system where you lost infamy upon dying, and remove PVP gear entirely so you have to go out and play the game again.</p></blockquote><p>This would be simply untrue if it retained the same rule set for loot as anythign else .... if you attacked first the chest would be yours, and if you are in a group you can set the loot options ... so how would this only benefit a scout?</p></blockquote><p>You're obviously new here or something.</p><p>You can engage someone that is in PVP combat ... and if you get to the chest before someone else does, its your token.  PVP encounters do NOT lock, they don't set to a group, they're FFA.  I had literally hundreds of tokens in exile where you couldn't get a token drop from killing people that were fighting each other, and then taking their chests.  Quite comedy if you ask me...   we had literally hundreds each in darkhand way back in the day and no place to spend them.</p><p>o.O</p><p>I disagree with the body drops for tokens though, I still like the writ system.  Changes were all implemented for reasons... development takes time, time is money and they aren't doing these things ad-hoc for the sake of doing more work.  Token drops were stopped because scouts could gear themselves at an exponentially greater rate than anyone else.  I was in a PVP guild and played at what wasn't peak hours at the time, and I couldn't get a scout in my guild to go out and PVP with me, to help me find kills for tokens because they were always so close to yet another piece they just needed to kill solo for a while longer.</p><p>Arguably the most Overpowered class in the game is a well geared Assassin.  Vyemm is a beast for which the developers should monitor at all times, to see how broken their game is.  While I'm sure he's a pretty good player at his class, I have seen him go into a battleground and completely destroy the entire other faction nearly single-handedly.  He hits like a truck and he doesnt even have to use his abilities in a manner which makes any rational sense.</p><p>It used to be scoutfest, gank and evac gank and evac...   I'm not willing to just roll it all back to where it was since way back when there was more pvp and more people that seemed to get what pvp actually was supposed to look like asked them to change it. </p><p>Writs work, but they do need some kind of modification... although I must profess I don't know how right off the top of my head. </p><p>Best way to get people to actually PVP on a pvp server is to make BG less than open world PVP gear.  Put a "must be in battlegrounds" flag on most of the stuff they offer on those merchants.   Sadly people are wanting the gear more than they want the PVP so you have to coerce them to go out and actually do something to get the gear. </p><p>The issue with the writs starting in Kunark and kylong plains is that people just zerg it.  There must be a way to spread pvp out like it used to be.  people would look for anyone anywhere to kill, but now they all amass in 1 zone which lags it out and promotes a severe lopsided battle such as the warfields.  maybe offer a bonus token for pvp if you're in level appropriate zones for your level??  I don't know I'm reaching here.</p>

ailen
06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
<p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nemas Ravenor wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Bringing back body drops for tokens in chests only helps scouts.</span></p><p>But removing PVP gear from the game entirely, and taking away Rally Banners and Call of the Veteran would force people to run instances and experience the game again.  And when you have to run through ten zones to get to your instance we would actually be able to find PVP.</p><p>Right now there is absolutely no reason to do any of the game's instances once you reach Max AA because the gear is useless and by sitting in the zerg you can get gear to become uber with zero effort.</p><p>This used to be a game that rewarded dedication to playing the PVE aspects (isntances and raid zones) and you could then go out and have fun pvping.</p><p>So, bring back the old fame system where you lost infamy upon dying, and remove PVP gear entirely so you have to go out and play the game again.</p></blockquote><p>This would be simply untrue if it retained the same rule set for loot as anythign else .... if you attacked first the chest would be yours, and if you are in a group you can set the loot options ... so how would this only benefit a scout?</p></blockquote><p>You obviously starting playing the game during TSO.  Which is another sad statement about this game because there are players who think the zerg is the way PVP is supposed to be.  A few years ago, you had to run around zones "looking" for pvp.  You didn't just zone to KP or CL and stand around in a mass of people.  You had to "hunt".  And back then, scouts had a major advantage in getting more tokens than everyone else because they have track. </p><p>With a solo scout and a solo wizard standing in PoF and someone pops up on track 500 feet away that the wizard can't see, the scout can easily just go kill them and they get their tokens, the wizard gets nothing.  Repeat this scenario a 100 times and the scout gets his PVP gear, the wizard nothing.</p><p>But, all the casters, priests and fighters complained about this too much and writs were introduced to the system.  Just touch someone and it doesn't matter who kills him, you get your update.  Then they made PVP gear super cheap and voila:  all you have to do is stand in one place and you get 200 tokens like that.</p><p>I digress, sorry for the trip down PVP memory lane.  If they bring back body drops and you aren't a scout, and if they do something else to make the zerg go away, then you too will understand how body drops only help scouts. </p><p>There was once upon a time where there was no PVP gear.  People did it just because it was an awesome aspect of the game that was really fun.</p><p>That's why I'd love to lose PvP gear entirely and make people have to camp rare spawns in contested dungeons to finish HQs that would give you an uber item:  Remember 12 hour respawn timers on The Creator and having to fight off groups of T4 Qs just so you could finish Ghoulbane, because Ghoulbane was frakking op back then?</p><p>You had to PVE in order to be better at PVP.</p><p>That is the best version of the game that I remember loving. </p></blockquote><p>THIS is what I've been looking for.</p><p>I hate questing, but I did it for the gear.  Remember Claymore line?  Sanctum of the Scaleborn and POF battles.  That quest line could take you weeks to complete because of how the names spawned or fighting over the updates.  There is NO need to farm instances anymore, sure there's some nice stuff in there, but you don't NEED it.  There is no reason to do quests.  who cares about JoJo's stupid claws, they suck and serve no purpose to me in PVP.  They look cool, that's the only reason to do them and nobody even cares.  Imaging what Kerra island would look like if those items were better than what you could get from the PVP merchant? </p><p>I think there should be freaking PVP quests.. .not KILLS but go fight over these mobs in this zone this week and see how many people turn up to fight over it. </p><p>THAT is really what spread the PVP out, not people that PVP'd for the sake of it.  Those people that pvp for the sake of it will see people to actually fight, and people will actually WANT to fight over the content instead of doing BGs for armor, then doing it again on an alt.</p><p>SOMETHING has to be done to to spread the PVP out and make people actually GO out to PVP... maybe on a PVP server, there should be PVE content that rewards PVP stuff.?  I know at first glance that sounds counter-productive, but at least it'd be a start to get people to come out of the BGs or raid zones and really fight outside of the MASSIVELAGZERG WARFAIL</p>