PDA

View Full Version : Procs of AE AutoAttack


Nevao
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
<p><span ><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">From yesterday's patch notes:</span></p><p><strong>GENERAL</strong></p> <ul><li>Effects can once again proc on an AE autoattack.</li></ul></span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">If I'm reading this correctly it means items procs can be triggered by AE Auotattack, correct? If that's true I'm a bit confused as I was of the understanding that items were only supposed to proc of the "Main" attack for attack (i.e. Double Attack and Flurry were not supposed to trigger procs as they were themselves technically procs). Am I completely off base?</span></p>

Dareena
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
<p>If someone's main hand weapon has a damage proc, it could normally proc on ALL targets.  This would even include AE auto attacks.  So if your weapon had a 1k damage proc and your auto attack proc'ed of an AE swing at x4 targets, then the proc could theorectially fire off a net of x4 times.  Yet since the last GU, the proc firing system got messed up.  They would will proc on the actually target of the character, but the bonus AE targets would never be subject to proc chances.</p><p>SOE has just restored the proc mechanics to how they were before the GU.  As you can see, AE auto attacking classes can easily start to jack up with damage parses when surrounded by multiple opponents.  Though this is naturally a sore subject for my Brigand main.</p>

Nevao
06-04-2010, 12:23 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If someone's main hand weapon has a damage proc, it could normally proc on ALL targets.  This would even include AE auto attacks.  So if your weapon had a 1k damage proc and your auto attack proc'ed of an AE swing at x4 targets, then the proc could theorectially fire off a net of x4 times.  Yet since the last GU, the proc firing system got messed up.  They would will proc on the actually target of the character, but the bonus AE targets would never be subject to proc chances.</p><p>SOE has just restored the proc mechanics to how they were before the GU.  As you can see, AE auto attacking classes can easily start to jack up with damage parses when surrounded by multiple opponents.  Though this is naturally a sore subject for my Brigand main.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad that it go fixed for those that were using it, but this in turn just shows another example of how Rangers are getting screwed over by not having access to this mechanic on Ranged Auto Attack. </span></p><p><span style="color: #ff9900;">Seriously SoE, this is acceptable why?</span></p>

Geothe
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If someone's main hand weapon has a damage proc, it could normally proc on ALL targets.  This would even include AE auto attacks.  So if your weapon had a 1k damage proc and your auto attack proc'ed of an AE swing at x4 targets, then the proc could theorectially fire off a net of x4 times.  Yet since the last GU, the proc firing system got messed up.  They would will proc on the actually target of the character, but the bonus AE targets would never be subject to proc chances.</p><p>SOE has just restored the proc mechanics to how they were before the GU.  As you can see, AE auto attacking classes can easily start to jack up with damage parses when surrounded by multiple opponents.  Though this is naturally a sore subject for my Brigand main.</p></blockquote><p>Are you sure about that?Or did they merely fix their changes to be as intended?A) Originially: if you did an AE autoattack, you had a chance to proc on every target the AE autoattack hit.B) With their initial change attempt attempt:  if you did an AE autoattack, you had zero chance to proc ANY proc, including on your direct target.  C) What they intended was if you did an AE autoattack, you would ONLY have a chance to proc on your direct target.</p><p>So did the patch the other day revert it back to "A" or fix it so that "C" is the case now?</p>

BChizzle
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
<p><cite>Geothe wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If someone's main hand weapon has a damage proc, it could normally proc on ALL targets.  This would even include AE auto attacks.  So if your weapon had a 1k damage proc and your auto attack proc'ed of an AE swing at x4 targets, then the proc could theorectially fire off a net of x4 times.  Yet since the last GU, the proc firing system got messed up.  They would will proc on the actually target of the character, but the bonus AE targets would never be subject to proc chances.</p><p>SOE has just restored the proc mechanics to how they were before the GU.  As you can see, AE auto attacking classes can easily start to jack up with damage parses when surrounded by multiple opponents.  Though this is naturally a sore subject for my Brigand main.</p></blockquote><p>Are you sure about that?Or did they merely fix their changes to be as intended?A) Originially: if you did an AE autoattack, you had a chance to proc on every target the AE autoattack hit.B) With their initial change attempt attempt:  if you did an AE autoattack, you had zero chance to proc ANY proc, including on your direct target.  C) What they intended was if you did an AE autoattack, you would ONLY have a chance to proc on your direct target.</p><p>So did the patch the other day revert it back to "A" or fix it so that "C" is the case now?</p></blockquote><p>"A" is the case.</p>

Sydares
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
<p>I thought they were just fixing the bug they introduced while nerfing "A".</p>

BChizzle
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
<p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I thought they were just fixing the bug they introduced while nerfing "A".</p></blockquote><p>I actually meant "C" was teh mistake "A" was how they fixed it</p>

glowsintheda
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
<p>between last patch and new patch if your auto attack went AE you could not proc any procs.  This was supposed to be the fix to that if your auto attack went AE it would proc on multiple targets which they had viewed as overpowered espically with the torrent and pest rain procs.  Not sure how it is now, but I think the intent is that you will only ever proc on what you have targeted</p>

BChizzle
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
<p><cite>glowsinthedark wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>between last patch and new patch if your auto attack went AE you could not proc any procs.  This was supposed to be the fix to that if your auto attack went AE it would proc on multiple targets which they had viewed as overpowered espically with the torrent and pest rain procs.  Not sure how it is now, but I think the intent is that you will only ever proc on what you have targeted</p></blockquote><p>Procs should go off on AE auto attacks, however, <strong>ae procs</strong> shouldnt go off multiple times for the same proc.  That is how the fix should have been done correctly, it looks like they got it working.</p>

Seiffil
06-05-2010, 01:19 AM
<p><cite>BChizzle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>glowsinthedark wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>between last patch and new patch if your auto attack went AE you could not proc any procs.  This was supposed to be the fix to that if your auto attack went AE it would proc on multiple targets which they had viewed as overpowered espically with the torrent and pest rain procs.  Not sure how it is now, but I think the intent is that you will only ever proc on what you have targeted</p></blockquote><p>Procs should go off on AE auto attacks, however, <strong>ae procs</strong> shouldnt go off multiple times for the same proc.  That is how the fix should have been done correctly, it looks like they got it working.</p></blockquote><p>That's what was supposed to be done, since the fix was mainly targetting Pestilential Rain and Torrent procs, I have no idea if it's actually working that way though or not.</p>

BChizzle
06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>BChizzle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>glowsinthedark wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>between last patch and new patch if your auto attack went AE you could not proc any procs.  This was supposed to be the fix to that if your auto attack went AE it would proc on multiple targets which they had viewed as overpowered espically with the torrent and pest rain procs.  Not sure how it is now, but I think the intent is that you will only ever proc on what you have targeted</p></blockquote><p>Procs should go off on AE auto attacks, however, <strong>ae procs</strong> shouldnt go off multiple times for the same proc.  That is how the fix should have been done correctly, it looks like they got it working.</p></blockquote><p>That's what was supposed to be done, since the fix was mainly targetting Pestilential Rain and Torrent procs, I have no idea if it's actually working that way though or not.</p></blockquote><p>Seems to be working, however, lets say you have 2 items with Torrent multiple can proc per ae swing.</p>

ke'la
06-05-2010, 04:03 AM
<p>Arn't all AE Autoattacks technically procs and as such shouldn't proc cause a proc to creatures other then the main target?</p><p>The reason it should proc on the main target is because the AE Auto attack replaces the standard attack, and a standard attack can have multiple Procs(of differant types) fire.</p>

BChizzle
06-05-2010, 01:00 PM
<p><cite>kela wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><span ><p>Arn't all AE Autoattacks technically procs and as such shouldn't proc cause a proc to creatures other then the main target?</p><p>The reason it should proc on the main target is because the AE Auto attack replaces the standard attack, and a standard attack can have multiple Procs(of differant types) fire.</p></span></blockquote><p>No an AE auto attack isn't a proc and procs should go off on every target of an AE auto attack, the issue was with the item AE procs (Torrent and Pestilent Rain).</p>

erratic
06-05-2010, 03:03 PM
<p>They are simply fixing a bug they introduced in attempting to fix another issue.</p><p>As of last GU if your ae auto attack triggered, you would not proc at all even on the primary target.</p><p>Their intention and the point of this fix is if you ae auto attack the primary target is subject to procs but the additional targets are not.</p>

Malacha
06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
<p><cite>erratic wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>They are simply fixing a bug they introduced in attempting to fix another issue.</p><p>As of last GU if your ae auto attack triggered, you would not proc at all even on the primary target.</p><p>Their intention and the point of this fix is if you ae auto attack the primary target is subject to procs but the additional targets are not.</p></blockquote><p>This is how I understood it as well.</p>