PDA

View Full Version : Can't play the game anymore.

Kojiama
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
<p>I try to apply the new patch to the game and it keeps failing, I get the error.</p><p>There was a problem moving C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest IIlp_tempEverQuest2.exe_delta_9272_332.patched to C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest IIEverQuest2.exe. Please make sure the game is not running.</p><p>I have made very well sure that the game is not running while the patch is being applied but it still refuses to work. Does anyone know what is going on?</p>

Jaremai
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
<p>Friend of mine had this problem.  The solution in the end was to download the Station Launcher again, reinstall that again, then right click the icon and choose Run as Administrator.</p><p>He tried Run as Administrator first but it still produced the error. After the reinstall of Station Launcher and then Run as Administrator, it worked flawlessly since then.</p>

Kojiama
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
<p>Well hopefully this works, I got rid of the station launcher and now that I got it back again it is reinstalling the entire game. It should only take a couple of hours.</p>

Ortahr
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
<p>Hi just to help out (to late though since your are downloading the whole game),</p><p>but if you have this kind of error again :</p><p><span style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #d2c5a9; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">There was a problem moving C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest IIlp_tempEverQuest2.exe_delta_9272_332.patched to C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest IIEverQuest2.exe. Please make sure the game is not running.</span></p><p>Then delete the file it wants to replace manually, in this case :</p><p><span style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #d2c5a9; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest IIEverQuest2.exe</span></p><p>No idea why the patcher cant replace or adjust it, but deleting the file manually, i had issues with, worked for me.</p><p>Greetings,</p><p>Ortahr.</p>