PDA

View Full Version : Chat channel spam filter--How does it work?

Jaranna
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
<p>So, I recently started the Proof of the Pudding quest.  I have a macro to advertise that I need certain classes to make items for me.  This is the macro as it is now:</p><p>/2 LF weaponsmith, armorer, alchemist, woodworker and tailor for Proof of the Pudding item combines.  Have all materials./6 LF weaponsmith, armorer, alchemist, woodworker and tailor for Proof of the Pudding item combines.  Have all materials.</p><p>2 is 1-9, an 6 is Traders.  I only use this macro once every half hour, if that.  Why is this triggering the spam alert in the chat channels?  Is it because I have two lines?  How can I adjust this so it doesn't trigger as spam?  I really think that one of the reasons it's taking me so long to do this quest is because of this problem.</p>

Landiin
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Prob changing the second line up a bit will avoid their spam detection or made two macros for them.

Priddles
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
<p>I would say it's because you have two lines that say the exact same thing going to different channels, if you change one it shouldn't trigger it anymore.</p>

erin
05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
<p><cite>Jaranna wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So, I recently started the Proof of the Pudding quest.  I have a macro to advertise that I need certain classes to make items for me.  This is the macro as it is now:</p><p>/2 LF weaponsmith, armorer, alchemist, woodworker and tailor for Proof of the Pudding item combines.  Have all materials./6 LF weaponsmith, armorer, alchemist, woodworker and tailor for Proof of the Pudding item combines.  Have all materials.</p><p>2 is 1-9, an 6 is Traders.  I only use this macro once every half hour, if that.  Why is this triggering the spam alert in the chat channels?  Is it because I have two lines?  How can I adjust this so it doesn't trigger as spam?  I really think that one of the reasons it's taking me so long to do this quest is because of this problem.</p></blockquote><p>The types of people you are looking for will know all the abbreviations.  WS, arm, alch, WW & tailor for POTP</p>