PDA

View Full Version : 15% spell damage boost? lol yea right

Wytie
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
<p>After the update and the 15% damage boost seems like my damage went down even farther. This boost seems negated and then some, by the increase in PVP crit mit that was also increased.</p><p>Granted Im refering to attacking and being attacked by equal well geared players.</p>

Edavi
05-27-2010, 11:43 AM
<p>Just Checking, Are you testing this in CL or Ant?</p><p>EQ2 has laughable servers... You have to wait 45 seconds to a minute before the damage goes through.</p>

Arcanias
05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
<p>Now we have too much damage reduction in pvp.  They need to lower the pvp crit mit bonus provided by toughness to be equal to your toughness bonus so that the max you can get from toughness is 40% pvp crit mit.  Additionally I would suggest capping pvp crit mit at 50%.  Also, anyone with a full set of BG gear will have maxed resists in pvp, 75%.  Perhaps they need to scale resists again, including physical as well.</p>

Felleyes
05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: x-small;">The only workable solution for high-level casters, whose damage has been mitigated to the point of absurdity, yet is still consistently one-shotted by Rangers, and killed in 2 seconds by trash-geared Assassins, Brigands and Swashbucklers, is to re-roll and lock in T4. </span></p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: x-small;">A T4 caster is never going to blast anyone out of their boots but you’re also not going to get [Removed for Content] pwned by a 12-year-old in handcrafted that PLed a predator or a crusader from 0-90 in 5 days. The game is a lot more balanced (except for crusaders) in the lower tiers.</span></p>

Wytie
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
<p><cite>Edavi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Just Checking, Are you testing this in CL or Ant?</p><p>EQ2 has laughable servers... You have to wait 45 seconds to a minute before the damage goes through.</p></blockquote><p>A mixture of real pvp and BG's over the past 2 days since patch.</p><p>Yea during the warfields the lag is crazy but during its cool down there is still tons of pvp and its has alot less lag because most leave the zones when they arent up.</p><p>I was just giving my observations over the past 2 days of very heavy pvp'n and yea most of it was in quite a bit of lag tbh so im sure that makes it seem worse.</p>

Jacquotte
05-28-2010, 04:12 AM
<p>endgame pvp is pretty retarted now, seeing your 15k nukes hitting for 65 because of the crit mit, toughness, battle hardening and what have you..</p><p>nice they brought lvl-locking back tho, lower tiers vaguely resembles what used to be eq2 pvp</p>