PDA

View Full Version : Questing in the old world or Steamfont for a 43 Swashbuckler.

Larsenex
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
<p>I have read about this 'golden path' and it intrigues me. I am a Vet from launch and I am familiar with where to quest in old world zones (Zek, Everfrost, Lavastorm, ect). I wanted to know if I should quest/hunt in the newer zones such as Steamfont?</p><p>Should I pick up the Golden Path questline and follow it?</p><p>Is exp any better?</p><p>Are loot drops better or same?</p><p>Is there any advantage to hitting the new zones?</p><p>I also changed to the new 3.0 shader and I do see a slight difference in performance. I have a GTX 260 w/ 896 ram on it and it usually does very well. Lag from the server I guess is something Ill never get around <<< side whine here>>>></p><p>What or where do you recommend me to quest/level in as a returning player?</p><p>Thanks much!</p>

Alima_Tunare
05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
<p>I havent looked at the golden path yet, but steamfont is definitely worth doing.  Lots of quest and good exploration exp that run all the way up to about 50-60 even.   Theres a nice cloak quest as one of the first quests at the gnomeland camp, has a 200 ward on it.  I have a little ranger thats lvl 39 and just ran thru the Butcherblock quests with her, that also was good exp eventhough some of it was going gray con.  Kaladim is a good spot to hit up too =)</p>

Larsenex
05-26-2010, 01:34 PM
<p><span style="color: #888888;">Thanks much! I am also eager to do the HQ quests that are still old world. Seems like these once VERY nice items/weapons are now obsolete by these new Zones. Is there any plan to update any of these HQ items to make the really worth questing for? </span></p><ul><li><span style="color: #888888;">Short Sword of Ykesha</span></li><li><span style="color: #888888;">Serrated Bone Dirk</span></li><li><span style="color: #888888;">Flowing Black Silk Sash</span></li><li><span style="color: #888888;">Stein of Maggok</span></li><li><span style="color: #888888;">Scepter of Rahotep</span></li><li><span style="color: #888888;">Screaming mace</span></li></ul><p><span style="color: #888888;">Thanks again!</span></p>

Shiirr
05-26-2010, 02:46 PM
<p>It would be nice if they updated the rewards for HQ's to be relevant as anything more than room decor, but so far it hasn't happened.  MC gear is better, for the most part.  And the ROI for those just isn't there if you're looking at it strictly on an XP basis.  Which is a shame, really, because I enjoyed those old HQ's.  Even the buggy ones that might take days to update.</p><p>Steamfont is good, as mentioned previously.  And Desert of Flames is a lot of fun, too, although I think SF has it beat quest-wise. </p><p><a href="http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Timelines " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Timelines </a> Useful site, especially to a returning player.</p>

Armawk
05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
<p>Everfrost and Lavastorm (the primary 40-50 zones) should no longer be considered 'old world' in content terms as they were redone with entirely new quests and rewards quite recently. Therefore they are quite comparable to steamfont (though higher level) but better in gear rewards.</p>

Priddles
05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
<p><cite>shaunfletcher wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Everfrost and Lavastorm (the primary 40-50 zones) should no longer be considered 'old world' in content terms as they were redone with entirely new quests and rewards quite recently. Therefore they are quite comparable to steamfont (though higher level) but better in gear rewards.</p></blockquote><p>Everfrost the most, the rewards from Lavastorm are pretty bad, even with the reworking, but the quest lines in EF give very nice rewards.</p>