PDA

View Full Version : New changes help, but still don't fix PvP

Greggthegrmreapr
05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
<p>Topic says it all really.  I think a good portion of the server will agree.</p><p>     The Warfields idea is definitely a good one.  It was actually fun when I was able to play it.  Though due to the horrendus amount of lag in CL and ANT, and the regular crashing of the zone, it was pretty much a downer aside from a few good rumbles.  I'm not really sure how you didn't expect this.  I know you probably didn't have the issue on the test server because not that many people really get on test on a regular basis.  Make these zones instance after so many people get in them, or you will continue to have the issue I think, or get a better system to handle these specific zones.</p><p>     Blue adornments for PvP gear.  More PvP specific stuff you get for PvPing.  Great.  It's nice to be rewarded.  The issue is though, you keep making the PvP part of the game require raiding to be successful at.  I used to be a hardcore raider, had all the top gear, and it was nice.  I see it from the other side now though.  I don't have time to raid, and am relying on instance, BG, and PvP gear to compete, and it just isn't even close.  How are we supposed to even have a chance when you can only get the good gear effects from the raid gear, or go do the old TSO zones for those same effects, but have the gear be sub par.  You keep saying you want to make it equal for Raiders and PvPers, yet you are failing at that over and over again.</p><p>     The travel system is nice, I just hope that it won't completely kill PvP.</p><p>     Level locking seems to be back.  I've never been a fan of it, but maybe I'll give it a shot before I deploy to see if it makes things more enjoyable again.</p><p>Hopefully some of the right people will read this and perhaps think about looking into the stuff.</p>

Naggasaki
05-26-2010, 09:03 AM
<p>I really don't understand the self imposed gap either. Admitedly, TSO  PvP gear was on par with raid gear. But did that put more people into raid zones? While I don't speak for every guild on nagafen, I don't think it really improved the number of raiders available.</p><p>So the question remains, why isn't this new gear viable in both PvP and PvE?</p>

Arcanias
05-26-2010, 09:39 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So the question remains, why isn't this new gear viable in both PvP and PvE?</p></blockquote><p>They should just remove the pve potency restrictions placed on T9 pvp gear, imo.  Restrictions are lame, but if you're going to do it then be fair and restrict pve gear potency in pvp.  The better solution is to not have pvp/pve restrictions.  The red adornment slots are the trade off for pve raid gear over pvp gear.  Give us our potency back in pve like it was in T8.  It is lame that I have to switch to my T8 pvp gear for my potency in pve. </p>

Greggthegrmreapr
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
<p>Potency in PvP only is really kind of pointless.  They reduce the amount of damage done by abilities so that fights last longer, and then give so many ways to bring it back up so fights are back to 3 - 4 seconds and dead.</p><p>Give Blue adornments that give the effects that the raid dear does.  I mean they copped out on making specific gear sets by making a few sets and then giving the adornments to make them class only, yet then deny plenty of people that gear.</p>

baldwinboy3
05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
<p>When Warfields spawn in ant or cl could they do it by lvl and have two instanace of warfields. one for lvl 60 and up and one for 50 and down or something like that? just trying to keep from having 200 people in one zone making big lag.</p>

Schizophrenik
05-27-2010, 04:54 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Topic says it all really.  I think a good portion of the server will agree.</p><p>     The Warfields idea is definitely a good one.  It was actually fun when I was able to play it.  Though due to the horrendus amount of lag in CL and ANT, and the regular crashing of the zone, it was pretty much a downer aside from a few good rumbles.  I'm not really sure how you didn't expect this.  I know you probably didn't have the issue on the test server because not that many people really get on test on a regular basis.  Make these zones instance after so many people get in them, or you will continue to have the issue I think, or get a better system to handle these specific zones.</p><p>     Blue adornments for PvP gear.  More PvP specific stuff you get for PvPing.  Great.  It's nice to be rewarded.  The issue is though, you keep making the PvP part of the game require raiding to be successful at.  I used to be a hardcore raider, had all the top gear, and it was nice.  I see it from the other side now though.  I don't have time to raid, and am relying on instance, BG, and PvP gear to compete, and it just isn't even close.  How are we supposed to even have a chance when you can only get the good gear effects from the raid gear, or go do the old TSO zones for those same effects, but have the gear be sub par.  You keep saying you want to make it equal for Raiders and PvPers, yet you are failing at that over and over again.</p><p>     The travel system is nice, I just hope that it won't completely kill PvP.</p><p>     Level locking seems to be back.  I've never been a fan of it, but maybe I'll give it a shot before I deploy to see if it makes things more enjoyable again.</p><p>Hopefully some of the right people will read this and perhaps think about looking into the stuff.</p></blockquote><p>The problem is SOE doesnt have anyone who can actually think and solve issues. Closing the gap between pvp and pve (gear wise) is much easier than it seems and I wouldnt have to pay a bunch of developers to dream up new gear ideas.</p><p>Make the raid gear available through pvp/pve.... What I mean by this is this 1) make the pcs expensive. 2) the gear would require both pvp tokens and instance tokens along with a plat charge. I am thinking something like say a fabled red adorment chest pc would cost 250 pvp tokens 250 instance tokens and say 20p. I dont think the stuff should just be handed over to everyone.. make them work for it... I know those who raid work thier butts off for it so make the pvp'ers work thier butts off too.</p><p>You wouldnt need silly crap like "toughness" or gear restrictions. The gear would actually become harder to obtain vs. just raiding for it and keeps a pve aspect to it also.</p><p>Like you I used to be a hardcore raider, but life comes first and I no longer can dedicate 5-6 nights a week to raiding. As for keeping the hardcore raiders happy (because I am sure they would hate this) come up with another reward system to do with tokens. Something like every epic named they kill, along with the loot chest, each player gets 5 pve tokens and you could even scale that to include more tokens for harder kills. This way.. raiders would actually have it easier obtaining gear.. rewarding them for thier time and effert.</p>

MaCloud1032
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Iam with denna on this one. I use to be hardcore pvp/raid. Hell denna's group was the one I mostly fought. I was totaly for the seperation of pvp and raid. I should of knew better then to trust in SOE to do it right. The TSO did put people in the arena of raiding that I personly felt didn't belong. Right now in pvp the gaps are emence. A 90 in either raid gear or pvp dam near 3shots me as a 89 assassin in 5pc of pvp armor. I know at 79 80's in raid/pvp couldn't do that. Let alone being able to dmg one of them. Warfields iam dead before the person renders. I feel sorry for any lowbies trying to quest in these zones. I honestly don't know anymore. The more they try to put in or fix the more broken/lopsided pvp gets. For as much as it was everscout kos/eof had the best balance of pvp.

Neskonlith
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I honestly don't know anymore. The more they try to put in or fix the more broken/lopsided pvp gets.</p><p>For as much as it was everscout kos/eof had the best balance of pvp.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">PVP "fixes" appear to offer good gear that should really be tagged "Legendary".  Revamped TSO T8 was the only gear worth a "Fabled" tag.  Thank the hardcores who moaned and whined that casuals were getting decent rewards that should be nerfed.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Raiding is the only way SOE will allow players to trivialize EQ2 encounters.  Both the 90s BeeGees and open-pvp Warfields will become a raiders-only paradise as buffed and revamped raid gear continues to widen the gap.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Lower-level BeeGees will be the only place where casual players will be allowed to be competitive, especially in a lag-free zone.</span></p>

MalkorGodchyld
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
<p>Using the Mark of Manaar tokens for armor was a good start but i think the Devs failed to keep things in context in regards to PvP.   220 tokens per item is too many imo...on a PvP server!     A players time is split more on a PvP server...we have more to do than just run instances over & over, and that should have been taken into consideration. </p><p>   So maybe...allow Mark of Manaar tokens as an additional Warfield Reward.    Maybe 5 tokens per event.   Not sure if it should be more since the events are so spread out & take 30 min, but 5 sounds ok.        This would promote Open world PvP even better than it already has.    </p><p> It would also help close the gear gap between those that would rather not PvE at all hours of their play time.   Also consider adding additional fabled loot to the Mark merchant... maybe previous teir Raid gear or current teir Class specific armor?</p><p>Mariusx           </p>