PDA

View Full Version : trade in BG gear for upgarde?


Morgain
05-26-2010, 02:29 AM
<p>Well i spent countless hours for countless days to get a full set of BG gear... now just to have a the stuff i bought cost less tokens now that what i paid just weeks ago... and the better gear cost just 5 tokens more each that what i paid originally. Am i clear to understand that there is no token value to upgrade or buy back value? I know i have to eat the adonments... but to just have to start over seams really unfair!</p><p>Is there a place or option to apply at leaast some of the work i have invested towards the newer set?</p>

Cantor
05-26-2010, 03:47 AM
<p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=478033" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=478033</a></p><p>No upgrade cause "<span >Your gear is still amazing</span>"</p>

Harbringer Doom
05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
<p>Isnt it obvious that they want everyone to keep grinding Battlegrounds to get all those tokens, to get all that gear again with minimal upgrades?</p><p>What other reason could there be to do it the way they have done it?</p><p>By the way, what [Removed for Content] is going to buy the little-bit-worse gear that costs 5 tokens left, and has no blue adorn?  The logic is ridiculous.</p>

Dareena
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>By the way, what [Removed for Content] is going to buy the little-bit-worse gear that costs 5 tokens left, and has no blue adorn?  The logic is ridiculous.</p></blockquote><p>That's a simple answer.  While this only applies to PvE players who use the BG system, many blue server players who were there purely for gear would likely purchase the old BG armor pieces.  The new set has only minimal upgrades and takes far longer to buy out as a set.  Not having a Blue adornment slot wouldn't be a big deal to them.  They just came to the BGs to stink and leech tokens anyhow as they throw games.  Having the tools to win in the BG isn't part of their equation.</p><p>And of course, SOE is making sure that the BG armor and PvP armor pieces are identical.  So when this odd BG situation bleeds off into your PvP servers, it makes for some weird item offerings.</p>

Harbringer Doom
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
<p>I don't think that makes sense.   The blue adorn pieces are like 5 tokens more.  You're telling me they'd buy the cheaper piece, and abandon the blue adorn, just to save 5 tokens?</p><p>The blue adorns are not tagged "PVP Only".</p><p>And I see just as many people from Nagafen being useless-semi-AFK-moving-only-if-they-get-caught jackholes in Battlegrounds as from blue servers (if your point was just to try to take a shot at PVE players).</p>

Dareena
05-26-2010, 12:23 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I don't think that makes sense.   The blue adorn pieces are like 5 tokens more.  You're telling me they'd buy the cheaper piece, and abandon the blue adorn, just to save 5 tokens?</p><p>The blue adorns are not tagged "PVP Only".</p><p>And I see just as many people from Nagafen being useless-semi-AFK-moving-only-if-they-get-caught jackholes in Battlegrounds as from blue servers (if your point was just to try to take a shot at PVE players).</p></blockquote><p>Well that is x5 tokens per category.  That's +10 more tokens.  Also I think I saw a piece or two which might have had its cost jacked up by +10 tokens per category.  If you loathe BG play but are greedy for the gear, this could be an important factor.</p><p>And was I taking a shot at PvE players?  Yes, I was.  I am a PvE player, but I use the BG system for both gear and entertainment.  After the number of blue server people that I saw last night who instantly truency camped as a match started since they didn't want to take the time to potentially lose or who intentionally threw the game, I feel that a comment is deserved.  Perhaps there was a PvP tag player or two in that category, but the overwhelming majority of these new BG morons who appeared last night were my fellow blue players.  Hopefully they'll disappear in a month and let the BGs actually go back to normal.</p><p>Now as to the Blue adornments...  Well you make a good point.  I know that SOE has always talked about their effects being PvP Only.  Yet the physical tagging on the adornments would seem to imply differently.  I've not taken the time to test of the various adornments and see if they truly do function for PvE play as they would imply.  If they are PvE viable, then that would really make the old PvP armor basically worthless.</p>

Seiffil
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>By the way, what [Removed for Content] is going to buy the little-bit-worse gear that costs 5 tokens left, and has no blue adorn?  The logic is ridiculous.</p></blockquote><p>That's a simple answer.  While this only applies to PvE players who use the BG system, many blue server players who were there purely for gear would likely purchase the old BG armor pieces.  The new set has only minimal upgrades and takes far longer to buy out as a set.  Not having a Blue adornment slot wouldn't be a big deal to them.  <strong>They just came to the BGs to stink and leech tokens anyhow as they throw games.</strong>  Having the tools to win in the BG isn't part of their equation.</p><p>And of course, SOE is making sure that the BG armor and PvP armor pieces are identical.  So when this odd BG situation bleeds off into your PvP servers, it makes for some weird item offerings.</p></blockquote><p>I've seen just as many PVP players just zone in and afk as well, so I wouldn't throw that comment only on players from PVE servers.</p><p>That being said, even though I understand your logic, you'd still find PVE players who might want to get the armor with the extra blue adornment slots because the generic blue adorns are still equivalent to the red generic adornments they may not have access to, and are better then the yellow adornments.</p>