PDA

View Full Version : unable to enable shader 3.0?

Froaknstein
05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
<p>as the title states i have been unable to actually turn on shader 3.0 - when i go into the options menu and check the box, hit accept and the window pops up telling me it wont take effect till i restart - i restarted and didnt notice a change.  checked the options window and 3.0 was unchecked.  so i checked it again, hit accept and ok when the window popped up, re-opened options window and it still was unchecked.  i cant seem to enable it at all.</p><p>i tried turning it on at the char select screen with no sucess.  i tried multiple times enabling it and just restarting eq2.  i tried loading the default UI just to be sure it wasnt this.  the game is being run as administrator.  i am using win 7 with a 2.7 dual core cpu, 8 gig ram and radeon 5770 1gb vid card.  all drivers have been checked to be up to date.  anyone else having this issue?  or anyone know of a options file i can edit to switch it on manually?</p>

das2000uk
05-26-2010, 08:01 AM
<p>Hi have you read the other posts about 3.0 Shader ?</p><p><span ><span style="color: #ffffff;"> </span></span></p><p><strong>SHADER 3.0</strong></p><ul><li>EverQuest II now supports Shader 3.0<strong> </strong>with new vibrant colors and depth processed by your GPU!  To enable this feature, on supported cards, check the ‘Shader 3.0’ box in the Performance section of the Display options. <ul><li><strong>Note: Shader 3.0 does not support 'r_aa_blit 1’ in the eq2.ini and it should be removed if before enabling it.</strong> </li></ul></li></ul>

Kraqen
05-26-2010, 08:40 AM
<p>I had the same problem until I completely closed station launcher and ran it again as an admin.  I don't know it that had anything to do with it, but -poof- pretty shader 3.0</p><p>Good luck</p>

Rick777
05-26-2010, 09:37 AM
<p>Same thing happening to me, I run it as admin always and I have a GTX280.</p>

Lethe5683
05-26-2010, 08:12 PM
<p><span style="color: #993366;">The shader 3.0 makes everything look dark and plastic like with heavy aliasing.</span></p>

Froaknstein
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
<p><cite>das2000uk wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hi have you read the other posts about 3.0 Shader ?</p><p><span></span></p><p><strong>SHADER 3.0</strong></p><ul><li>EverQuest II now supports Shader 3.0<strong> </strong>with new vibrant colors and depth processed by your GPU!  To enable this feature, on supported cards, check the ‘Shader 3.0’ box in the Performance section of the Display options. <ul><li><strong>Note: Shader 3.0 does not support 'r_aa_blit 1’ in the eq2.ini and it should be removed if before enabling it.</strong> </li></ul></li></ul></blockquote><p>yes, i never enabled this option but i double checked to make sure it wasnt in my eq2.ini file and it is not there.  also i do not have the station launcher - it still uses the old eq2 patcher to start up.  everything is set to run as administrator in every way possible.  i even right click > run as admin and it makes no difference.  for some reason i still cant enable shader 3.0.  the box wont stay checked - i can open the options window, check the 3.0 box and hit accept, the confirmation box appears saying i will need to restart the game.  then when i re-open options window the box is no longer checked.  this is really starting to irk me off.  cant seem to find anyone in game with the same issue.  i guess i will DL the station launcher and see if it makes a difference.</p>