PDA

View Full Version : Crit Mit Cap?

Darkonx
05-25-2010, 02:02 AM
<p>What is the new 'Crit Mit Cap'? Obviously the stat itself is uncapped, but it is only useful up to the point where the critical multiplier of mobs is reduced effectively so 0. Another way of asking this question would be, what is the max crit multiplier of solo/heroic/raid mobs in EQ2? A red name response will be needed to ensure veracity of any crit multipliers.</p>

Jrral
05-25-2010, 03:38 AM
<p>Last I saw from a red name, crit mit itself doesn't have a cap but it doesn't lower the crit multiplier below 1.0 (which is normal damage). IIRC 1.5 is the highest crit multiplier, but that was in TSO and SF mobs may have higher.</p>

Notsovilepriest
05-25-2010, 03:50 AM
<p>You are missing it, Only a red can anwser what he wants.</p>

Darkonx
05-25-2010, 04:44 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You are missing it, Only a red can anwser what he wants.</p></blockquote><p>Crit mit cap was removed as of +6 hours from now. This means that you will want to use crit mit red adorns for max survivability, up to the amount required to negate raid mobs crit multiplier. Need a red name to reply with raid mob crit multipliers, with the removal of crit mit cap, this is extremely valuable information for your playerbase in terms of adornment choices.</p>

Lemilla
05-25-2010, 05:35 AM
<p>Solo mobs don't crit at all, so 0% there.Easy heroics don't crit at all, so 0% there as well.Harder heroics may crit a bit, but nothing more than 10-15%.</p><p>For raidmobs it depends on how far in progression you are.The first nameds don't crit at all, sages on easy are at about 80%, and the removal of the cap suggests that the hardest mobs crit for over +100%.</p>

Yimway
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
<p>You left out pvp, in which case the crit multiplier can get quite largeish.</p>

Darkonx
05-25-2010, 12:15 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Solo mobs don't crit at all, so 0% there.Easy heroics don't crit at all, so 0% there as well.Harder heroics may crit a bit, but nothing more than 10-15%.</p><p>For raidmobs it depends on how far in progression you are.The first nameds don't crit at all, sages on easy are at about 80%, and the removal of the cap suggests that the hardest mobs crit for over +100%.</p></blockquote><p>Again, this does nothing for me. I have somewhere around ~110 crit mit atm. I have some red slot class specific adorns that aren't all that great. I need a red to answer what the max crit multiplier on mobs is. A 'guess' as to what it is wont help solve the issue. Otherwise I end up spending ~200p testing different adorn combos over the course of several months, which is something that I'm really not looking forward to.</p>

Geothe
05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
<p>Well Theer has over 100% Crit bonus.And I'm willing to bet the new HOLE raid instance is going to be even higher, since they are selling the final encounter there as the hardest raid encounter to date.</p>

Jrral
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You are missing it, Only a red can anwser what he wants.</p></blockquote><p>And a red name isn't going to answer his question, at least not with the information he's asking for.</p>

Gungo
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
<p>Its going to be a test and see approach as they will not answer it because I am sure the new formula is going to be an ever increasing effective cap. </p>

Tehom
05-25-2010, 04:27 PM
<p>It's mob specific. I'm not sure why this is a big deal - go into ACT, look if a mob ever critted on you in a fight. If not, you're over its crit bonus. If it did, you're not.</p>

Lader
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
<p>act would still show it as a crit wouldnt it? the damage isnt crit damage, but it still is technically a crit attack.</p>

Lethe5683
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Solo mobs don't crit at all, so 0% there.Easy heroics don't crit at all, so 0% there as well.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">Solo mobs do crit so I'm willing to bet easy heroic does too.</span></p>

Tehom
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
<p><cite>Lader wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>act would still show it as a crit wouldnt it? the damage isnt crit damage, but it still is technically a crit attack.</p></blockquote><p>Naw, if you nullify out a mob's crit damage, it's no longer reported as a crit but a normal attack. If I remember right, it's because mobs don't automatically do +1 damage over their unmodified max damage - when they crit, they just apply their crit mult to their normal damage, and if it's higher than their normal max, it's reported as a critical attack.</p><p>You could see it plenty of times in TSO where if you had enough crit mit mobs would no longer crit on you, especially since before avatar breastplates were nerfed you could reach 100 crit mit. Even then, some mobs would still crit, but a lot couldn't anymore. I remember figuring out the exact crit bonus of a few different mobs based on what crit mit different players had and who never took a crit hit during the fight.</p>