PDA

View Full Version : special quest item inventory

Nailoo
05-23-2010, 07:57 PM
<p>Why don't we have it?</p><p>Wow sucks compared to EQII but one thing I liked there was the special inventory that held quest items.  We get so much weird, random stuff and when going to clean out your bags it's sometimes difficult to know what to hang on to or not. </p><p>Having a special section of the inventory that quest items went into would be so nice, maybe we can get something like that in the future?</p>

Grong
05-23-2010, 08:32 PM
<p>+1</p>

Priddles
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
<p>I agree with this, what would be REALLY nice would be to have the item clickable right next to the quest that uses it so you don't have to dig through your 200 slot inventory to find it, like WoW.</p>

Katz
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
<p>I'd rather they just not give us quest items to carry around.  Just update the quest without us carrying items around.  Half the time the items don't disappear at the end and you have items around that you don't know if you need to keep or not.</p>

Brigh
05-23-2010, 09:58 PM
<p>In the beginning they hyped how EQ II would have a "virtual quest bag" so you wouldn't have to carry things around.</p><p>I guess that fell by the way-side over the months and years.</p>

Kithica
05-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Or just do away with quest items completely. At least phase them out.

Rijacki
05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
<p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>In the beginning they hyped how EQ II would have a "virtual quest bag" so you wouldn't have to carry things around.</p><p>I guess that fell by the way-side over the months and years.</p></blockquote><p>All of the virtual updates you get ARE that "virtual quest bag". In EQ1, if you needed to go out and get 10 spider bits, you would have to loot the bits and have them in your bag to turn in. MOST quests in EQ2 have a virtual ding. The ones which don't are generally the ones where only one member of a group gets the looted part.</p>

CrazyMoogle
05-24-2010, 02:46 PM
<p><cite>Katz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'd rather they just not give us quest items to carry around.  Just update the quest without us carrying items around.  Half the time the items don't disappear at the end and you have items around that you don't know if you need to keep or not.</p></blockquote><p>I'm with this.</p>

Warpax
05-24-2010, 05:57 PM
<p>nice idea. also add quest items that you have to click or use to the tracker windo. so you dont have to go hunting for it in your bags to click/use</p>

Fendaria
05-24-2010, 07:18 PM
<p>I'd be happy if, when we deleted a quest, we had the option to delete the quest items too (popup box).</p><p>Or if when we tried to delete a quest item, a popup box would tell us we were still on the quest and confirm we wanted to delete it.</p><p>Fendaria</p>

Brigh
05-24-2010, 11:02 PM
<p><cite>Rijacki wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>In the beginning they hyped how EQ II would have a "virtual quest bag" so you wouldn't have to carry things around.</p><p>I guess that fell by the way-side over the months and years.</p></blockquote><p>All of the virtual updates you get ARE that "virtual quest bag". In EQ1, if you needed to go out and get 10 spider bits, you would have to loot the bits and have them in your bag to turn in. MOST quests in EQ2 have a virtual ding. The ones which don't are generally the ones where only one member of a group gets the looted part.</p></blockquote><p>There are items that you receive for quests that really don't need to be given, and remain after the quest is over.</p><p>Recently I finished the Claymore line and asked why do I need this Totem of Aaryonar (sp?) to summon the npc in HoF after clicking the fire pots, when clicking them properly should summon the NPC so I can finally get this done TONIGHT?!</p><p>I had a bug where that totem vanished from inventory and I had to wait a day or so to complete the quest via petition The GM snuck it into my bag while online and never notified me in-game. I found it by chance opening my bags looking for something. Later when I checked my email I found an update to my petition.</p><p>Another quest item that is never removed (but still interesting to keep, among other clickies), is the writ of (whateveritsname) for Living Tombs that raises you up in the air standing on the invisible platform for that fyr'un quest (I think).</p><p>Etc...</p>

Armawk
05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
<p><cite>Fendaria wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Or if when we tried to delete a quest item, a popup box would tell us we were still on the quest and confirm we wanted to delete it.</p></blockquote><p>This is what happens now.</p>

Gladiolus
05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
<p><cite>Fendaria wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'd be happy if, when we deleted a quest, we had the option to delete the quest items too (popup box).</p></blockquote><p>I'd rather there were no physical items at all but, when there are, they usually do disappear when the quest is completed.</p>

Nightshade
05-25-2010, 07:22 AM
<p>I support a seperate, large quest bag.</p><p>Sometimes I can't even find quest items due to similar/identical icons or icons that make no sense, and I have to spend many minutes sifting through 5 full mottled leather bacpacks. -_-</p>

Yimway
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Why don't we have it?</p><p>Wow sucks compared to EQII but one thing I liked there was the special inventory that held quest items.  We get so much weird, random stuff and when going to clean out your bags it's sometimes difficult to know what to hang on to or not. </p><p>Having a special section of the inventory that quest items went into would be so nice, maybe we can get something like that in the future?</p></blockquote><p>+1</p>

Iamken
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
<p>The quest item system isn't bad for the most part, but I think it could be cleaned up slightly. If it were up to me the only quest items that should go in our bags are items that need to be clicked on to 'use' or 'examine' to further the quest. On a delivery quest I physically don't need Soandso's notes in my bag to be carried to some npc all the way across the zone.</p>

Sphiriah
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
<p>WoW doesn't have this feature fyi.</p>