PDA

View Full Version : Camping off XP debt... How does it work anyway?

Cusashorn
05-22-2010, 01:46 PM
<p>I've always been curious about this. I've always wondered just how long it takes to actually camp off XP debt, and if the numbers change the higher you level up?</p><p>I know that since level 80, if you died, you'd get 0.5% XP debt, and I've always been under the impression that I camp off 0.1% every hour that I'm logged off of that character. If this is true, then I won't be rid of the 2.0% XP debt I picked up in the Outer Vault at 3 AM this morning until 12 AM midnight tonight.</p><p>I kinda wish there was a faster way to camp it off, because since I keep combat XP turned off, I won't grind it off. Taking a day off from the game isn't a bad thing though.</p>

Odys
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
<p>I cannot remember loggin in without getting the message "the last debt had been paid", death penalty is non existant in Eq2. You don't get 5% but 0.5 per death, and even a heavy wipe session (bad raid etc ...) is usually repaid in a nigth.</p>

Cusashorn
05-22-2010, 06:07 PM
<p>Right, I meant 0.5%</p>

Rijacki
05-22-2010, 06:10 PM
<p>When I was capped for level and AA before SF launch, from raiding I could get up to nearly 3 bubbles of red. It became one of my amusements, see how high I could get the debt to rise.</p><p>I meant to use one of my charges of "wand of forgiveness" (from some vet reward at some time) and completely forgot to do so.. the debt went away quicker than I anticipated, too. It was gone before I remembered I wanted to use the wand *laugh*</p><p>My advice, what I do, just play. Be amused by the stuff like XP debt, don't get hung up on it. Do things you enjoy doing and it will eventually go away. But if you sit and stew over it, you won't have any fun even doing things you enjoy.</p>

Neiloch
05-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Working on progression kills is a quick way to cap out your exp debt lol. My guild doesn't plan on slowing down either I Imagine its not going to fall below 30% anytime soon, even with 3 days 'off' and some easy instance runs thrown in.

Cusashorn
05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
<p><cite>Rijacki wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>When I was capped for level and AA before SF launch, from raiding I could get up to nearly 3 bubbles of red. It became one of my amusements, see how high I could get the debt to rise.</p><p>I meant to use one of my charges of "wand of forgiveness" (from some vet reward at some time) and completely forgot to do so.. the debt went away quicker than I anticipated, too. It was gone before I remembered I wanted to use the wand *laugh*</p><p>My advice, what I do, just play. Be amused by the stuff like XP debt, don't get hung up on it. Do things you enjoy doing and it will eventually go away. But if you sit and stew over it, you won't have any fun even doing things you enjoy.</p></blockquote><p>Well I'm not so much worried about camping it off, rather just curious if what kind of numbers are involved that factor everything out.</p>

Guy De Alsace
05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
<p>0.5% of almost zero xp is still so tiny its not noticable anyway. Lower levels it might be a big deal but at higher levels your talking microscopic amounts of xp.</p>

Priddles
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM
<p>Just be glad that they got rid of shard runs and lessened the XP debt, getting 20% debt trying to corpse run in permafrost was so much fun.</p>

Cusashorn
05-22-2010, 11:48 PM
<p>Yeah I remember back when the game gave GROUP SHARED Debt if anyone died.</p>