PDA

View Full Version : SC Mount Pricing Point

loramil
05-22-2010, 01:23 AM
<p>I'd like for us, as players, to try and provide SOE with some objective evaluations on the pricing of the new SC Mount.</p><p>This thread isn't intended to discuss merits (or lack there of) of the mount in any way.</p><p>Based on my read of the thread in Community News... People either feel (with the pricing point) that it is too high, should be for all toons on the account, or both.</p><p>What i'd like for people to put down is the net affect of either what they would do (or would have done) if either of these two conditions prevailed.</p><p>Maintaining the pricing point at 25.00 but valid for all toons on an account.</p><p>Droping the point to 10.00 but only good for one toon.</p><p>For Me:</p><p>Price Point 25.00 - 2 Accounts +$50.00</p><p>Price Point 10.00 - 4 Toons + $40.00</p>

Eritius
05-22-2010, 01:30 AM
<p>The Competition charges the same amount for a mount and it does quite well with its sales. I don't think we'll see a change here. Though if you wait a bit when they add new mounts the current ones will probably drop in price according to a dev post.</p>

Avianna
05-22-2010, 01:58 AM
<p>the mount is becoming heirloom on tuesday as well</p>

Ashlian
05-22-2010, 02:13 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The Competition charges the same amount for a mount and it does quite well with its sales. I don't think we'll see a change here. Though if you wait a bit when they add new mounts the current ones will probably drop in price according to a dev post.</p></blockquote><p>It's also been stated that the competition's mount is for every toon on their account up to a certain number. So for that, the price point is.....lower.</p><p>I'd go with either the account based model with the higher price, or a lower price point for individual characters, with commensurate "ala carte" pricing in place, so that the cost to purchase for one toon comes out slightly higher if you were to purchase for the same number of toons as you'd be purchasing for if you bought the account tied one.</p><p>Though I'd really rather see the single character, lower pricing, heirloom but made able to be RETURNED to heirloom like the crafter spoon and rolling pin are, so you never have more than one at a time and if you want multiples at one time you must buy more. But thereby being useful to all your toons. For me that would particularly work for the clothing items. I truly dislike spending $5 or more for one item for a character but I'd spend that if all the toons on my account could get the use out of it. Sequentially.</p>

Iceman7
05-22-2010, 02:33 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The Competition charges the same amount for a mount and it does quite well with its sales. </p></blockquote><p>A silly argument since the competition has 100 times more players than we do. Inital (day one) sales of their mounts were very high and I'm sure they always will be due to the large playerbase. Inital (day one) sales here in EQ2 will be nothing to talk about for SOE. Then look at the stats of our mounts. 60% run speed is a joke. They look cool but not $25.00 cool. GU56 (next week) makes all mounts vanish while fighting then reappear when not in combat (you retain the stats of the mount but you can't see it while in combat and you appear to dismount which is silly but thats another issue). $10.00 mount maybe but a premium price -never.</p>

Gaige
05-22-2010, 04:19 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The Competition charges the same amount for a mount and it does quite well with its sales. I don't think we'll see a change here. Though if you wait a bit when they add new mounts the current ones will probably drop in price according to a dev post.</p></blockquote><p>WoW's mount works for any character on your Blizzard acount present <em>or future.</em></p>

Frenzywolf
05-22-2010, 04:28 AM
<p>1. I think if they are going to charge that much then it should be all characters on that account has the mount.</p><p>2. The mount should have no stats just the speed increase.</p>

Nayawk
05-22-2010, 05:07 AM
<p><cite>Iceman7 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>. GU56 (next week) makes all mounts vanish while fighting then reappear when not in combat (you retain the stats of the mount but you can't see it while in combat and you appear to dismount which is silly but thats another issue).</p></blockquote><p>thats only 1 of 3 options.  see no mounts at all, see mounts that disappear during combat, always see mounts.  all of which happen client side.</p>

Guy De Alsace
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
<p>For $25 I'd want one thats:</p><ul><li>Usable on every toon at any time.</li><li>Able to change colour whenever I choose.</li><li>Come with a figurine or something through the mail.</li><li>A signed guarantee that 50% of the money is going directly back into development funds for the game (not SC or LoN).</li></ul><p>No mount should cost more than an entire expansion IMO.</p>

Wingrider01
05-22-2010, 08:32 AM
<p><cite>Guy De Alsace wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>For $25 I'd want one thats:</p><ul><li>Usable on every toon at any time.</li><li>Able to change colour whenever I choose.</li><li>Come with a figurine or something through the mail.</li><li>A signed guarantee that 50% of the money is going directly back into development funds for the game (not SC or LoN).</li></ul><p>No mount should cost more than an entire expansion IMO.</p></blockquote><p>mount 25.00 - previous expansions 39.95 even with the 10 dollar discount it would still be more. Original release prices comparision is only one valid, current discount priced ones are not.</p>

Shareana
05-22-2010, 08:34 AM
<p>I can understand your reasoning for posting it here, but the Devs in charge of those mounts are watching the other thread carefully as you can tell from the many posts from them (Covic and Tom).  Please keep ALL discussion there on the SC mounts.  Thank you!</p><p><a href="list.m?topic_id=478954">First Ever Mount on the Marketplace! </a></p>