PDA

View Full Version : Any compelling reason why this works in PvP?


Sydares
05-15-2010, 04:08 AM
<p>It's both no longer attainable (being from the now-disappeared-presumably-forever Avatars) and grotesquely overpowering. 15 second duration and 1.8 proc chance to be immune to all forms of CC?</p><p><img src="http://eq2.xanadu-community.com/images/items/2771.png" width="276" height="479" /></p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://eq2.xanadu-community.com/items.php?page=viewItem&id=2771" target="_blank">http://eq2.xanadu-community.com/ite...tem&id=2771</a></p>

Notsovilepriest
05-15-2010, 05:41 AM
<p>For the same reason almost no PvE gear is disabled in PvP.</p>

Sydares
05-15-2010, 05:47 AM
<p>Counterpoint: Most of that gear is</p><p>A) Still attainable</p><p>B) Not a ridiculously long-lasting CC immunity.</p>

Notsovilepriest
05-15-2010, 05:53 AM
<p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Counterpoint: Most of that gear is</p><p>A) Still attainable</p><p>B) Not a ridiculously long-lasting CC immunity.</p></blockquote><p>Band of the Chosen, Another Old Avatar Item, Hard Haladen Scout Ear, and Ring of Emptiness(Though weak in PvP) have all been removed? Of those have, but all do the same thing</p>

Sydares
05-15-2010, 06:13 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Band of the Chosen, Another Old Avatar Item, Hard Haladen Scout Ear, and Ring of Emptiness(Though weak in PvP) have all been removed? Of those have, but all do the same thing</p></blockquote><p>No, you're totally right in that respect. I'm just getting a little tired of some of the more imbalanced PvE effects in PvP - you either have them and dominate, or don't and limp along behind - same old tired argument, I guess.</p>

Portbott
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
<p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Counterpoint: Most of that gear is</p><p>A) Still attainable</p><p>B) Not a ridiculously long-lasting CC immunity.</p></blockquote><p>The weird thing about it being unattainable is that very few people actually have it. And you don't have to worry about anyone ever getting it again!</p>

Sydares
05-15-2010, 09:42 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The weird thing about it being unattainable is that very few people actually have it. And you don't have to worry about anyone ever getting it again!</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, that's really of little comfort.</p>

Wytie
05-17-2010, 12:10 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Counterpoint: Most of that gear is</p><p>A) Still attainable</p><p>B) Not a ridiculously long-lasting CC immunity.</p></blockquote><p>The weird thing about it being unattainable is that very few people actually have it. And you don't have to worry about anyone ever getting it again!</p></blockquote><p>Unless they allow people to unattune with SC at some point.</p><p>And I bet eventually it will happen and we will see old avatar gear on new players very very soon.</p>

Serraphim
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
<p>You realise there are 2 of those on the server right?</p>

Beagest
05-17-2010, 10:47 PM
<p><cite>Serraphim wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You realise there are 2 of those on the server right?</p></blockquote><p>And the players with them would destroy you reguardless. So I don't see the problem here.</p>

Crismorn
05-18-2010, 02:23 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Serraphim wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You realise there are 2 of those on the server right?</p></blockquote><p><strong>And the players with them would destroy you reguardless. So I don't see the problem here.</strong></p></blockquote><p>/agree</p>

bks6721
05-18-2010, 03:19 AM
<p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The weird thing about it being unattainable is that very few people actually have it. And you don't have to worry about anyone ever getting it again!</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, that's really of little comfort.</p></blockquote><p>why did you choose NOT to get it when you could have?</p>

Naggasaki
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Sydares wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The weird thing about it being unattainable is that very few people actually have it. And you don't have to worry about anyone ever getting it again!</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, that's really of little comfort.</p></blockquote><p><strong>why did you choose NOT to get it when you could have?</strong></p></blockquote><p>Are you truely that unfamiliar with PvP server rulesets and restrictions?</p>

Guld_Ulrish
05-19-2010, 01:03 PM
<p>Toxic owned me with that iteam <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Thinwizzy
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
<p>Forcing everyone towards wearing the exact same gear is a terrible idea, and that is what the disabling of items does.  This game needs to have items that are powerful and worth working to achieve.  Without them, it is rather boring.  We need to have less restrictions all around, not more of them.</p>

Jacquotte
05-20-2010, 06:51 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Forcing everyone towards wearing the exact same gear is a terrible idea, and that is what the disabling of items does.  This game needs to have items that are powerful and worth working to achieve.  Without them, it is rather boring.  We need to have less restrictions all around, not more of them.</p></blockquote><p>/agree</p>

Alima_Tunare
05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
<p>Their argument isnt about having everyone in the same gear, its about items that are no longer obtainable and seem over powering for pvp.  In the case of the Band of the Chosen, its dropped off Mayong in Inner Sanctum, so anyone who can kill him can still get it.  But Avatars have been removed, so anyone with those items has it and anyone without will never get it...so its not a bust your butt thing to obtain special items.  Thing is, I know for our (blue) server we had lots of the high end players quit before or right after TSO, so the number of people still playing with the item is very limited if any.</p>

Notsovilepriest
05-20-2010, 03:03 PM
<p>It didn't drop a lot to begin with.</p>