PDA

View Full Version : BG's down

Cerithian
03-08-2010, 11:35 PM
<p>No MoTD no ETA no notice and it lets you queue up.  I have sat waiting on 3 seperate occasions for over an hour.  Why does it let me queue up if the servers are down?  Why is there no post on the fact that they are down?  It just seems like you are making no attempt whatsoever to inform us of them being down, and to me that is very disappointing.  If there is an actual post saying they are down then it is buried pretty deeply because I was looking for one.</p><p>Thanks for any information you can give us.</p>

Sambone
03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
<p>Supposed to get an error when the servers are down, but that isn't working either.  I've been suggesting over and over that they give us some way to see the status of bg server same as any other server.  Obviously it hasn't done any good yet.  We have no clue when they'll become available again either...</p>

Taldier
03-09-2010, 12:06 AM
<p>Does anyone else find it morbidly funny that the warning message to tell you the bg's arent working isnt working?</p>

BMouse
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
<p>makes me wonder if SOE actually realises BG's are down. Who knows maybe they have taken a day off and left the hamsters to run the show.</p>

Cerithian
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
<p>I don't even mind that the bg's are down.  I don't mind that at all, what bothers me is I have no idea why or how long they will remain down.  I logged in and queue'd up and 30 minutes later I was like ... "hmmm I guess they are down".  I then checked the forums to see if they were working on it.  When I saw there was no mention of them being down I was under the assumption that since it wasn't mentioned it was a minor error and they would be back up shortly.  That was hours ago and there is still no reply..... it just seems inconsiderate to me, especially since I am a paying customer who is being denied the service he is paying for.</p>

BMouse
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
<p><cite>Cerithian wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I don't even mind that the bg's are down.  I don't mind that at all, what bothers me is I have no idea why or how long they will remain down.  I logged in and queue'd up and 30 minutes later I was like ... "hmmm I guess they are down".  I then checked the forums to see if they were working on it.  When I saw there was no mention of them being down I was under the assumption that since it wasn't mentioned it was a minor error and they would be back up shortly.  That was hours ago and there is still no reply..... it just seems inconsiderate to me, especially since I am a paying customer who is being denied the service he is paying for.</p></blockquote><p>oh I hear ya there, and I 100% agree with you. We are paying Customers, and I think its down right slack on SOE's part that they fail to keep us updated on problems that they are having with their product.</p>

Cerithian
03-09-2010, 10:09 AM
<p>it has now been almost a full day and still no official mention of the current status of the battlegrounds, an eta, or an expaination of why they were/are down.  All we have are a bunch of guesses and rumors from the players.  I see the world servers are coming down but even in the message telling us they are coming down there is no mention of the bg's.  I hate to think it, but I keep getting this picture of two technicians standing over the BG's servers yesterday.  One says to the other "well we have to bring them down overnight".  The Other replies "Don't you think we should inform the player base?  They would probably want to know that".  The Original Technician grins and says "I don't feel like taking five minutes just to write a post on the forums and keep our customers in the know.... it's way too much work, forget em."  Tech's both then go home laughing and exchanging jokes on how the customers are going to be fiending in the morning.  Now I know this is probably not the case but it SEEMS like it is.... the lack of any kind of an attempt at an explaination or time table makes me feel more and more like something like that happened, if that's not the case then maybe explain why you were unable to keep us in the loop?</p><p>Please keep us up to date in the future, thanks.</p>

Xanoth
03-09-2010, 11:25 AM
<p>I don't understand what's so hard to go <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/show.m?forum_id=9" target="_blank">here</a> and click "new post", enter the subject as "Battlegrounds" with a message saying "the Battlegrounds service is currently offline while we investigate and fix an exploite, we appologise for the inconveniance and will <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">try to keep you up to date</span></strong> as developments are made."</p><p>Time and time again the must infuriating thing about being a SOE customer is the way we're treated and left in the dark. Bugs happen, things break but there is no need to ignore customers, or worse treat customers that complain about this as <em>the </em>problem.</p><p>We don't want to be lied to or coddled, being told that a service is down when a service is down shouldn't be too much to ask for or expect. How long should it take when the servers were deliberatly taken down due to an exploit? Are we all getting the silent treatment because a handful of people were naughty boys?</p>

Blitzrain
03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
<p>nm</p>