PDA

View Full Version : BG Observations

skidmark
03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
<ol><li>Is it just me or does power seem to play a much, much smaller role in BG vs open world PvP? Maybe it matters in a Smuggler's Den Central tower fight, but I rarely see people low on power.</li><li>They should change the time to revive mechanic. Allow people to revive just like in normal PvP, but the timer that would have been applied to make you stay dead is instead a timer that roots you upon revival and makes you PvP immune (also unable to PvP). That way people can re-buff in the alloted time, and are still effectively taken out of action. So if your respawn in the current system after a death would be 20 seconds, in this proposed mod you would be able to revive immediately and then have 20 seconds of rooted no-pvp-action which could be used to re-buff.</li></ol>

Kkolbe
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
<p>This sounds like a good idea, as a warden I have about 5 buffs that stay cast when I respawn, then I have another 6-7 that I have to recast every time I respawn. which is about 10 secs every time after I revive I sit there rebuffing. I def. get tired of recasting said buffs in bg's and every time I log in or out of bg's I have to recast all these buffs again.</p><p>I dont know if this is me being lazy, but I am all for less buff casting downtime.</p>

TheSpin
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
<p>I like the suggestion.  I've only played my brigand so far in BGs and his buffs all persist through death, but I can see how it would make a big difference for some classes if they have to spend extra time rebuffing after every death, while classes like mine are good to go as soon as I'm up again.</p>

PeterJohn
03-08-2010, 07:24 PM
<p>And the corpse tea baggers would have to find something else to irritate you with.</p>

Megavolt
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
<p><cite>PeterJohn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>And the corpse tea baggers would have to find something else to irritate you with.</p></blockquote><p>it's not teabagging. It's CPR because I really feel bad about killing you:_(</p><p>I dunno though, which would feel worse, being spawn camped in SD or being spawned camped and know you're gonna die after you get done with your rebuffing?</p>