PDA

View Full Version : implied targeting

PeterJohn
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
<p>Okay I am new to BG and need some help...</p><p>I take it implied targeting works completely differently in PvP. When I target an enemy, there is never an implied target, even when he is clearly fighting with one of my allies. Of course, in PvE, no implied target means that they are either targeting no one, or they are targeting you.</p><p>Am I understanding this correctly?</p><p>Also as a healer, if I am fighting someone one-on-one, I cannot heal myself unless I stop targeting the enemy. This seems silly. Do I have to create a whole new set of macros to cast the heal spells on myself?????????questionmark?????</p>

Horizons
03-07-2010, 11:25 PM
<p>I didn't read your post but, implied target works like so:</p><p>[you] -> [your target] -> [implied target]</p><p>implied target = what they be targeting ! </p><p>and if they have no targets but seem as they are fighting.. they could be just using aoes ?</p>

Dorsan
03-07-2010, 11:31 PM
What OP means is there is no implied target for the enemy. That was like that in PvP since I play. But the heals are silly, I think they are bugged. Because if you are targeting an enemy player and cast heal it should be assumed that you want to heal yourself - it used to be like that. But now you have to clear target or actually target yourself to use selfheals. I think that is not right. And to make things worst, if you have an enemy player selected and use Transfer life, you will lose the health required to cast it but no one gets actually healed.

PeterJohn
03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
<p><strong>Horizons</strong>, thanks for not taking the 5 seconds it would have taken to read my post. Your response was very unhelpful.</p><p><strong>Dorsan</strong>, thanks! So this sounds like it is BG specific and/or bugged, and this is not typical of PvP servers?</p><p>I find healing myself to be a major pain in the rear right now due to having to keep clearing my targets.</p>

Dorsan
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
It's like that in pvp and bg now... But I used to be able to selfheal without needing to deselect before...

PeterJohn
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
<p>Great. Looks like I'll need another hotbar with self heals on it for BG. Or is that just how the noobs do it?</p>