PDA

View Full Version : BG Achievements even remotely feasible?

Lozzy
03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
<p> </p><p>Despite the bugs, I have to be honest I enjoy battlegrounds as a whole. Earlier today I was looking at the achievement values and imo they are not even feasible for anyone to complete. Lets just take the 3 main ones,Clockwork Champion X : Win Gears of Klak’Anon 10000 times.Ruler of Ruination X : Win Battlefield of Ganak 10000 times.Tower Guard X : Win smuggler’s Den 10000 times.So that’s 30000 wins required...... ok lets be generous with the time one of these games take, and ASSUME (big assumption) you win every game you play10k 6v6 wins, min 5 min game -> 833 hours10k 12v12 wins, min 5 min game -> 833 hours10k 24v24 wins, min 10 min game -> 1667 hoursSO...... to get the achievements for BG you are looking at 139 days of straight play and that’s if the games take minimal time and you win everyone.   Even at 6 hours a day you will have to do this for a year and a half (556 Days). On the same 3 maps. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t think you should be able to get all the achievements in 1 week (or even a month) but they need to be attainable. Please take a look at the BG achievements and actually make them realistic</p>

Taldier
03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
<p>You Are looking at the 10th lvl of each of those achievements...so in the process of completeing those you are completeing 30 achievements.  Plus all the secondary ones you'll complete in the process of completeing those.</p><p>The achievments arent really any good for monitoring progess once you go beyond them and that is what they are for isnt it?</p><p>And does anyone actually care about achievments?</p>

Lozzy
03-06-2010, 07:04 PM
<p>It is not even feasible that anyone is going to complete all of these achievements, the whole point is that they are attainable. I Would of thought they would of made these completeable over a period of 3 to 9 months (with people playing maybe 15 to 20 hours a week of pure BG) and give some kind of reward for completing all of them, for example a title.</p><p>Lets remember there are only 3 different game types atm, and these achievements are specific to these types / maps. So even if they add more maps etc, these will not help you get these achievements.</p><p>I personally had alot of fun doing all of the flawless achievements for the charm and title. and think there should be more things like this in game. achievements people can work on over a period of time to attain titles etc.</p><p>(I am not saying you should get an item for this, a title would be nice or anything really, just something for the work you have put in.)</p>

Vyava
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
<p>So your complaint is that achievements are not quickly and easily achieved?</p><p>Oh and some sad math:</p><p>1667 hours @ 10 hours a day = 167 days = 5.4 months</p><p>So expect to see that achievement to start appear in 5 months or so, give or take. It all depends on how much I underestimate the ridiculously "hardcore" player.</p>

Horizons
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
<p>Why do casual players QQ so much? /wrist ffs</p>

Lozzy
03-06-2010, 08:54 PM
<p>casual player? lol guess again</p><p>And I was very generous with my first numbers I will be very very impressed if anyone has done this in 6months, and I will be surprized if anyone does it in a year. This is not 10 hours of being on eq a day, this is 10 hours in just BG. </p><p>But ok aparently you guys want this to be stupid so ok whatever.</p>

Lozzy
03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
<p><cite>Vyava wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So your complaint is that achievements are not quickly and easily achieved?</p><p>Oh and some sad math:</p><p>1667 hours @ 10 hours a day = 167 days = 5.4 months</p><p>So expect to see that achievement to start appear in 5 months or so, give or take. It all depends on how much I underestimate the ridiculously "hardcore" player.</p></blockquote><p>From what you are saying</p><p>Thats 5.4 months for just the 24vs24 achievement, not all</p><p>10 hours a day thats 10.8 months for all 3</p>

Vyava
03-06-2010, 09:21 PM
<p><cite>Lozzy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Vyava wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So your complaint is that achievements are not quickly and easily achieved?</p><p>Oh and some sad math:</p><p>1667 hours @ 10 hours a day = 167 days = 5.4 months</p><p>So expect to see <strong>that achievement</strong> to start appear in 5 months or so, give or take. It all depends on how much I underestimate the ridiculously "hardcore" player.</p></blockquote><p>From what you are saying</p><p>Thats 5.4 months for just the 24vs24 achievement, not all</p><p>10 hours a day thats 10.8 months for all 3</p></blockquote><p>That would be what I wrote.</p><p>Basically you want quick easy to accomplish goals and not achievements. EQ2 is a MMORPG and has been around for a while. It is designed to take longer periods to accomplish various tasks. This is a staple of the genre.</p>