PDA

View Full Version : Smuggler's Den


Portbott
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
<p>Ni hao.</p><p>So, I usually don't make threads, because I usually find out a better way to do something. But someone brought this up to me earlier today and I thought they were right, so I'm throwing it out there. Most 6v6 and 12v12 games of BG last anywhere from 5-8 minutes (approx)? 3 tokens for winning, 1 for losing. Fine. Sounds great. However, Smuggler's Den is often running up to 18 minutes or more and still the same 3 tokens and 1 for losing.</p><p>I don't have a full x4 to queue for coordinated BG's. I usually do with what I have. But, after 8 Smuggler's losses in a row (solo queuing), I've realized that the last 2 1/2 hours have been for 8 tokens. That's a bit annoying. In fact, it's very annoying. The games are twice as long and the same amount of tokens. So what am I making this post about? Make Smuggler's award more tokens for wins and losses than the other two. 5 or 6 for a win and 2 for a loss. The sheer time difference in Smuggler's and the other BG's is a substantial amount.</p><p>tl:dr: Smuggler's games last twice as long as other so give us more tokens for it.</p>

rebyenliv
03-06-2010, 12:15 PM
<p>Or lower the points need to win to like 1k intstead of 1.5k</p>

Portbott
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
<p>Ill go with that as well. Though, the matches would still a good bit longer than other BG's. Maybe the x4's are meant to be a pain, but my computer can barely handle the rain, players running all over the place, and messages. So they're already unpleasant. The long game times for little tokens just makes it worse. Decreasing points to 1000 or even 800 would make it definitely better.</p>

Portbott
03-06-2010, 01:01 PM
<p>Loss number 10 in a row =(. I really do have terrible luck.</p>

rebyenliv
03-06-2010, 02:09 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Ill go with that as well. Though, the matches would still a good bit longer than other BG's. Maybe the x4's are meant to be a pain, but my computer can barely handle the rain, players running all over the place, and messages. So they're already unpleasant. The long game times for little tokens just makes it worse. Decreasing points to 1000 or even 800 would make it definitely better.</p></blockquote><p>800 would probably make the matches too short.  I like that it is a bit longer but the 1.5k needed to win just makes the matches way too long sometimes. If both teams are good and it's evenly matched you can be in there a long time.  I think 1k would be a good score to keep it from being too long or too short.</p>

Megavolt
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
<p>I agree on the 1k score. Personally I woulda preferred smugglers to be a 3x18 event with degrading rewards (3/2/1), but ya know, you can't always get what ya want.</p>

rebyenliv
03-06-2010, 02:15 PM
<p><cite>Brickfist wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree on the 1k score. Personally I woulda preferred smugglers to be a 3x18 event with degrading rewards (3/2/1), but ya know, you can't always get what ya want.</p></blockquote><p>Degrading reward meaning if you lose bad you only get one token if its close 2 tokens and win you get 3?</p>

Taldier
03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
<p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p>

rebyenliv
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p></blockquote><p>What pvp writ tokens aren't easymode either? /boggle</p>

Taldier
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
<p><cite>rebyenlives wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p></blockquote><p>What pvp writ tokens aren't easymode either? /boggle</p></blockquote><p>Not when half the population is in bg's and the people you do attack can run away and port into a bg.  I've also never gotten a writ update for going afk and being dead when I came back.</p>

Portbott
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>rebyenlives wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p></blockquote><p>What pvp writ tokens aren't easymode either? /boggle</p></blockquote><p>Not when half the population is in bg's and the people you do attack can run away and port into a bg.  I've also never gotten a writ update for going afk and being dead when I came back.</p></blockquote><p>I take your "LOL AT PEOPLE HAHA BGS" and raise you one "OK GUISE GO KP9!1". Close the browser and enjoy killing green questers for writ updates. Everyone who's up to date on what's really going on will remember that open PVP died years ago</p>

Crismorn
03-07-2010, 12:03 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>rebyenlives wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p></blockquote><p>What pvp writ tokens aren't easymode either? /boggle</p></blockquote><p>Not when half the population is in bg's and the people you do attack can run away and port into a bg.  I've also never gotten a writ update for going afk and being dead when I came back.</p></blockquote><p>We get it the open world zerg is suffering, maybe people are scared due to all the harsh death penalties... Oh wait a minute..</p>

Taldier
03-07-2010, 02:37 AM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>rebyenlives wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>LOL at people complaining they cant farm easymode bg tokens quite as fast as in the other bg's.</p></blockquote><p>What pvp writ tokens aren't easymode either? /boggle</p></blockquote><p>Not when half the population is in bg's and the people you do attack can run away and port into a bg.  I've also never gotten a writ update for going afk and being dead when I came back.</p></blockquote><p>We get it the open world zerg is suffering, maybe people are scared due to all the harsh death penalties... Oh wait a minute..</p></blockquote><p>Just because a bunch of noobs got some publicity grinding against each other in tg doesnt mean that open world pvp is equivalent to zerg.  Atleast going out solo in pvp gives some variety other than just zoning into the same repetitive zone and getting 3 easy tokens every 5 minutes.</p><p>And atleast when two groups fight in open world their members stay dead until rezed rather than the mandatory rez zerging of bg's.</p>

Portbott
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM
<p>Take your crying to PM's with each other. This thread is not about what you think about BGs vs PVP. It is about shortening the duration of Smuggler's Den matches or upping the reward.</p>

Taldier
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Take your crying to PM's with each other. This thread is not about what you think about BGs vs PVP. It is about shortening the duration of Smuggler's Den matches or upping the reward.</p></blockquote><p>Youre right, its about people wanting the only bg with a decent length to it to get shortened so they can farm tokens faster.  Didnt I already say that though?  Right before the thread got derailed by some troll?</p>

Portbott
03-07-2010, 10:01 PM
<p>I'm not trying to make it so I can grind tokens faster, or however you phrased it. The sheer length of time of the x4 matches compared to the others is too long.</p>