PDA

View Full Version : If I never go to battlegrounds will it affect my PvE exp on my server?

CoLD MeTaL
03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
<p>just curious.</p>

Leemeg
03-03-2010, 02:04 PM
<p>Nope.</p>

Lethe5683
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
<p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>just curious.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">If you count opportunity cost then yes it will effect your exp since BGs are a very good way to get exp solo.</span></p>

rareyrare
03-03-2010, 05:18 PM
<p><cite>Lethe5683 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>just curious.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">If you count opportunity cost then yes it will effect your exp since BGs are a very good way to get exp solo.</span></p></blockquote><p>There's another thing to consider as well. It seems that a LOT of people are currently running them, so it may be more difficult to fill a group.... I think the novelty will slowly wear down though.</p>

CoLD MeTaL
03-03-2010, 05:35 PM
<p><cite>Lethe5683 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>just curious.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">If you count opportunity cost then yes it will effect your exp since BGs are a very good way to get exp solo.</span></p></blockquote><p>Do you actually get Adventure XP/AA for battlegrounds fights?</p>

Ambrin
03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
<p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Lethe5683 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>just curious.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">If you count opportunity cost then yes it will effect your exp since BGs are a very good way to get exp solo.</span></p></blockquote><p>Do you actually get Adventure XP/AA for battlegrounds fights?</p></blockquote><p>Yes, I have made about 3 AA from battlegrounds by playing them in my spare time.</p>

goryf
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
<p>i too have also gotten xp in BG.  but also the achievments are there to get. and suprisingly easy to obtain. i play an sk and no other toons.  i also have friends who like to do RL stuff.  so more than half the time when it is prime raid time for my server i am out getting drunk or having fun (only a few occasion are they the same  lol) and so i am quite lacking in gear.  BG is a way that i can get some decent gear and can play on my own time instead of working on the time of others. and because i do not do alot of raiding i do not really need raid gear so the BG gear is more than a fit for instances and questing.</p>

Neiloch
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There's another thing to consider as well. It seems that a LOT of people are currently running them, so it may be more difficult to fill a group.... I think the novelty will slowly wear down though.</p></blockquote><p>Well if nothing gets updated for a few months it will wear down. If they keep adding equipment even T8 PvE raiders can use as upgrades like the brutallic dagger and belt, then its not as likely. They need to be more liberal with the 'Must be engaged in pvp combat' tag imo. If PvP starts spilling over into PvE much more well, I can play other MMO's that do that MUCH better.</p><p>Still right now any problems BG's are causing with PvE are due to lots of people playing them non-stop, which should solve itself.</p>

CoLD MeTaL
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
<p><cite>Lethe5683 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>CoLD MeTaL wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>just curious.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #993366;">If you count opportunity cost then yes it will effect your exp since BGs are a very good way to get exp solo.</span></p></blockquote><p>Unfortunately I am hearing that BG jewelery is some of the best in game, easiest to get.  /sigh  This kind of stuff is why $OE is so lame.</p>