PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think AA XP needs to be reduced?


Drewx
02-11-2009, 06:48 AM
<p>So I made a Troubadour and have been raising in level very fast, but he's already lvl 31 and I've almost crafted his level 32 mastercraft Armour and despite doing every quest to come my way i can't help but at times feel like I'm behind in AA.</p><p>So I was thinking...due to the increased leveling speed, and the major complaint that alot of players at the cap are lacking AAs. Perhaps the AA should undergo changes?</p><p>Particularly the amount of experience needed to get a point. Since we level faster...so fast there is hardly a need to make Armour or invest in Adept IIIs in some cases Adept Is...maybe they should reduce the xp needed for points.</p><p>Also I got mentored alot for named kills. Some people were very nice and gave me the loot from the named or dragged me along with them...others just killed it and moved on. So I was thinking...maybe named should be good for only one kill for AA no matter what level. That way people can kill them and be on their way?</p><p>I've been mentored atleast on 9 occassions...4 of them i got aa and the loot for. 2 of them I got nothing...and the other 3 times the high level killed the name because people who he asked tried to kill it for themselves rather than share aa.</p><p>I thought that i should bring it up. That I definately think AA needs a reduction in xp. We level far to fast now.</p><p>or on a another take...Quests should reward double the aa xp, or maybe every 5 quests below level 40 you get an AA point, and evry 10 after level 40? I don't know. But I feel that the formula could use some changing. =)</p><p>Any ideas? pros or cons? Please no flames. I'm not trying to rouse up any chaos.</p>

Eugam
02-11-2009, 07:03 AM
<p>I dont know exactly how it is for a new char. But...</p><p>My main was 58 when KoS and AA was introduced. Its my personal tradegy, but i lost also 12 AA due to a accounting bug when EoF was introduced. I have now 160 AA and i am struggling. I am playing my main since i joined EQ2, i killed most probably any named and did almost all quests available. I have a few greys left in Steamfont and new Everfrost and a few of the old grey books and grey heritages.Unlike some other classes my wardens big AA abilities like the main stances and the critical mitigation buff are 170+ AA. Currently i see no way to reach 170 AA unless the Lavastrom revamp is patched. And depending on the available new quests in Lavastorm i probably have to struggle hard to reach 184 AA for the stances before SOE releases the next expansion.</p>

Mytilma
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
<p>You can switch off combat and quest XP to not level too fast, and level only on collections (can't turn that off) and by occasionally enabling XP gain. My level 25 has 53 AA atm, and it was created some six weeks ago. There are quests in abundance, just need to complete them. Don't forget cataloging and book quests. Go to other zones to get quests; I did all quests I could get from Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Darklight Wood, and am at the moment working on Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest and Butcherblock simultaneously. Don't forget the city dungeons like Crypt of Betrayal and Edgewater Drains.You can either level quickly and miss AA's or take a few weeks more time and work on AA's and skills (I have even alcohol tolerance up to date :o ). Your choice <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Rokaab
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
<p>The whole point was that the latest AA's would be basically got by grinding missions and daily tasks, otherwise people wouldve got to 200 AA's a month after release and then complained there was nothing to do. So, no, I dont really see them reducing the amount of AAxp you need per AA.</p><p>Note: I was max level when AA's were introduced, so didnt get my first til I was 60 I think, I had already done 3400ish quests by the time TSO was released (thus leaving very few older quests to get AA when the AA cap was increased to 200), I'm now at 188 AA's, a small amount through quests, some by going back and doing named mobs I'd only ever killed when I was capped at 140, and by doing missions and daily tasks, you can get there, it just takes persistance.</p>

Alienor
02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
People were asking for more incentives for grouping and here you go: * Grinding mission quests * Mentoring to lowies I don't see an issue here

Mytilma
02-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh and Eugam, TSO is all about grinding, which is intended. SOE WTS AA potions, you know. But if you do a few easy missions per day (the LS and EF ones), the daily if it isn't too hard (and thus takes time) and the daily repeatable solo quests in Tupta and Grobb (some 30 minutes time investment for all six) you can get an AA point every 2-3 days.

Faenril
02-11-2009, 07:40 AM
If you are late on AAs while leveling you can lock combat (and now quest XP too) and grind quests to gather AAs without leveling. Or you power level to 80 and do all the content mentored afterwards. I'd actually recommend a mix of both: If I leveled a new toon now, I would do the solo questing with XP locked, do the named runs I could on the way when a group opportunity arise, and come back later mentored to do the group content I missed on the way. Just my 2c ...

denmom
02-11-2009, 08:01 AM
<p>If you level lock and turn off not only combat xp but quest xp, you can get a lot of AA xp.</p><p>My new Swash, just made her Jan 30th, is L26 with 33 AA.</p><p>I locked both types of xp, did all of the T2 content I could for AA, leveled up when the mobs were a bit hard to handle, locked again, wash, rinse, repeat.  I'm currently doing the same for T3 content.</p><p>But yah, level locking is definitely the way to go if you want to gain AA.</p>

Eugam
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
<p><cite>Mytilma wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Oh and Eugam, TSO is all about grinding, which is intended. SOE WTS AA potions, you know. But if you do a few easy missions per day (the LS and EF ones), the daily if it isn't too hard (and thus takes time) and the daily repeatable solo quests in Tupta and Grobb (some 30 minutes time investment for all six) you can get an AA point every 2-3 days. </blockquote><p>Since when give repeatables AA xp ? I did a lot of repeatables in Fens, writs and what not else. They only give AA when doing them the first time. Ok, there is text in chat telling you that adv. xp was turned to aa exp. But its not worth to mention. Rather i go killing aimals for meat to craft food <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Even low grey quests pay better <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>I wouldnt buy an AA potion for quests and killing. You only get a bang for the buck if you use a potion and then hand in 200 collections <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> The problem is i finished a lot of collections since 2005 and cant afford to finish more then 4 or 5 of the real expensive ones <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I am not that desperate...</p><p>I will reach 200 eventually. Just i cant get into hard zone groups without the critical mitigation buff and that means i have a hard time to progress on the Shadow Odyssey questline.</p>

Faenril
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
<p><cite>Eugam wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mytilma wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Oh and Eugam, TSO is all about grinding, which is intended. SOE WTS AA potions, you know. But if you do a few easy missions per day (the LS and EF ones), the daily if it isn't too hard (and thus takes time) and the daily repeatable solo quests in Tupta and Grobb (some 30 minutes time investment for all six) you can get an AA point every 2-3 days. </blockquote><p>Since when give repeatables AA xp ? I did a lot of repeatables in Fens, writs and what not else. They only give AA when doing them the first time. Ok, there is text in chat telling you that adv. xp was turned to aa exp. But its not worth to mention. Rather i go killing aimals for meat to craft food <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /> Even low grey quests pay better <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>The Tupta and Grobb factions in Moors each offer a few repeatable quests you can do daily, that each yield a few %AA.</p><p>The TSO shard missions that send you in group instances also give you AA every time you complete them.</p><p>So run those faction quests and 1 or 2 easy zones like Deep Forge and Scion daily and you will get about 20 - 40 % AA XP daily.</p>

zaneluke
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
<p>I see quite a few toons who have leveled up to 80 pretty quick but lack the AAs to match their toons and peers. I went in to my settings and turned on grey quests. Been plugging away at some grey ones every now and again for some aa. At 175AA grey quests from feerrott,EL,EF etc etc are giving about 1-3% per quest. It moves pretty qucik. The good thing is that I am enjoying going back through some of the content that i missed.</p><p>This weekend I am going to dedicate my time to mentoring down and running through SH,CK,ROV and RE. Old zones are fun.</p>

NardacMM
02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
<p>The last thing this game needs is an easier way to gain AA or xp. I recently abandoned my guardian and started levelling up an assassin. I've gotten 1 xp point for every 1.3 levels by doing quests, exploration, and a half-dozen collections.  I know i won't be max AA at level 80, but it will still be a helluva lot easier than when i was level 60 with no AAs. And going back and mentoring is a great way to go.. especially since it's easier to mentor quests than to group them when you're actually that level.</p>

Brinelan
02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>maybe named should be good for only one kill for AA no matter what level.</p></blockquote><p>Thats how it works now, you get aa on the first kill only, as long as it isnt grey.</p><p>but ya, not having to mentor would be nice.</p>

Yimway
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
<p>Several things in this post:</p><p>1) A3's and MC is not worth the time to make anymore unless you're having trouble completing quests.</p><p>2) Don't kill things for xp, don't go on the named mentor runs.  This will overload your adventure xp and not give you nearly as much AA xp as spending the same time grinding quests.</p><p>3) Keep grinding quests and you're aa will start to catch up in the 40-70 levels as adventure xp slows down some, but aa xp remains fairly constant.  Avoid the temptation to group or do heroic dungeons and stick to your solo quest grind.  Otherwise, you'll get 80 and turn around and have to go grind these quests when they are grey.</p><p>I admit, this all sucks, as no one in game hates solo quests more than I do.  However, it is undeniable that it is the only efficient means of leveling anymore.  Unless you like being aa handicapped.</p><p>I should add, level locking or turning off xp is never needed, contrary to other's posts.  As long as you never do anything but soloquest till level 80, you'll do fine on your AA position.</p><p>Oh yeah, xp potions are the devil. Delete them.</p>

Dasein
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
<p>AA gain will depend on how you level. If you go to a dungeon and crank out a level or two grinding trash, you won't get much AA beyond the occasional discovery or named kill. If you do most of the quest lines in each zone, work on HQs and other high-AAXP tasks, chances are, you'll see decent parity between AA and level.</p>

feldon30
02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Can someone please change the title of this thread? It should be "Anyone thing AA XP needs to be DOUBLED?" and the answer is an emphatic YES.

Drewx
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Several things in this post:</p><p>1) A3's and MC is not worth the time to make anymore unless you're having trouble completing quests.</p><p>2) Don't kill things for xp, don't go on the named mentor runs.  This will overload your adventure xp and not give you nearly as much AA xp as spending the same time grinding quests.</p><p>3) Keep grinding quests and you're aa will start to catch up in the 40-70 levels as adventure xp slows down some, but aa xp remains fairly constant.  Avoid the temptation to group or do heroic dungeons and stick to your solo quest grind.  Otherwise, you'll get 80 and turn around and have to go grind these quests when they are grey.</p><p>I admit, this all sucks, as no one in game hates solo quests more than I do.  However, it is undeniable that it is the only efficient means of leveling anymore.  Unless you like being aa handicapped.</p><p>I should add, level locking or turning off xp is never needed, contrary to other's posts.  As long as you never do anything but soloquest till level 80, you'll do fine on your AA position.</p><p>Oh yeah, xp potions are the devil. Delete them.</p></blockquote><p>1) I'm not having any trouble questing...I was just thinking about it as I've been leveling my troubadour...that they seem completely moot to invest in now. I've been getting by completely fine on App IVs and treasured armor really. Seems i won't have to worry about Adepts until 50ish?</p><p>2) I'm only killing what attacks me, what the quest requires, and on the named runs it's not that we're killing mobs...we basically kill the name right then and there no mobs between. Probably because the higher level has already cleared everything.</p><p>3) I'm not complaining actually. I was just making a comment on some thoughts. I was just thinking as I was leveling that it feels like I am leveling faster than gaining aa. Also after reading the forums it seemed that it would help out since so many people seem to say that there is alot of people at the cap that are lacking AAs.I However seeing as my highest character is 60 maybe it does slow down drastically after 60ish. *shrug*</p>

Thunndar316
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
<p>You don't have to turn off Quest and Combat XP to get a lot of AA.</p><p>It doesn't matter because the only way to get AA is to finish quests and kill named.  It doesn't matter if you are level 80 with 0 AA.  bottom line is you have to do quests.</p><p>AA xp gained is not based from your current level.  It is based from your current amount of AA.  Turning off combat XP does nothing but cost you XP.</p>

Rahatmattata
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
<p>I was in a Wailing Caves group last night. I had a 11 inquisitor in the group and guildies mentoring me (I am xp locked). We spent about 20 - 30 minutes running through the dungeon and killed all the named except 2, and doing the quests. She went from level 11 to 20 in that amount of time. It was ridiculous. And she earned like 1 AA point.</p>

Guarddian
02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
<p>I just recently came back to the game and just wanted to  make sure of something. Turning in grey quests still no longer gives aaxp correct?  you would have to mentor down to the appropriate level</p>

Eveningsong
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
<p><cite>Guarddian wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I just recently came back to the game and just wanted to  make sure of something. Turning in grey quests still no longer gives aaxp correct?  you would have to mentor down to the appropriate level</p></blockquote><p>No, that is changed.  As someone mentioned above, the amount of AA you receive is based on the amount of AA you currently have, not your adventure level.  Your level only affects whether you receive AA exp for kills, not the amount received.  The only time your level affects AA gain (to my understanding) is if you are mentoring.  Then you receive an AA bonus for COMBAT AA only, based on the level difference between you and the person you are mentoring.  Mentoring should not affect AA gain at all for quests/collections.</p>

Full_Metal_Mage
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Several things in this post:</p><p>1) A3's and MC is not worth the time to make anymore unless you're having trouble completing quests.</p><p>2) Don't kill things for xp, don't go on the named mentor runs.  This will overload your adventure xp and not give you nearly as much AA xp as spending the same time grinding quests.</p><p>3) Keep grinding quests and you're aa will start to catch up in the 40-70 levels as adventure xp slows down some, but aa xp remains fairly constant.  Avoid the temptation to group or do heroic dungeons and stick to your solo quest grind.  Otherwise, you'll get 80 and turn around and have to go grind these quests when they are grey.</p><p>I admit, this all sucks, as no one in game hates solo quests more than I do.  However, it is undeniable that it is the only efficient means of leveling anymore.  Unless you like being aa handicapped.</p><p>I should add, level locking or turning off xp is never needed, contrary to other's posts.  As long as you never do anything but soloquest till level 80, you'll do fine on your AA position.</p><p>Oh yeah, xp potions are the devil. Delete them.</p></blockquote><p>Wrong on all counts.</p><p>Adept 3s and MC is still worth using from 32 to 72.  AA will come while you're playing. Go ahead and group us and paly the heroic content as much as you wish. If you find your AA points are falling behind, just go out and grind some gray quests. This is not difficult for anyone who was not socially promoted through public schools to figure out.</p><p>There is no reason to avoid grouping for dungeons or to avoid mentoring for nameds. And certainly no need for repeatedly whining about this issue.</p><p>As it is today, a new character can go out and play whatever content they choose, grouped or solo, however they choose and then simply go back and spend some time grinding gray quests for AA. The only players who have difficulty gaining AA exp are players who completed the quests either back when quests had to con blue or higher to award AA experience or before gray quests gave AA experience.</p><p>End the whine in '09.</p>

Thunndar316
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
<cite>Eveningsong wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><cite>Guarddian wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I just recently came back to the game and just wanted to  make sure of something. Turning in grey quests still no longer gives aaxp correct?  you would have to mentor down to the appropriate level</p></blockquote><p>No, that is changed.  As someone mentioned above, the amount of AA you receive is based on the amount of AA you currently have, not your adventure level.  Your level only affects whether you receive AA exp for kills, not the amount received.  The only time your level affects AA gain (to my understanding) is if you are mentoring.  Then you receive an AA bonus for COMBAT AA only, based on the level difference between you and the person you are mentoring.  Mentoring should not affect AA gain at all for quests/collections.</p></blockquote> Correct. There is no benefit to turning off combat Xp and quest XP. It just makes you level slower.

Rahatmattata
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
<p>If you don't mind being level 80 with 75 AA go right ahead.</p>

Yimway
02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
<p><cite>Full_Metal_Mage wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote></blockquote><p>Wrong on all counts.</p><p>Adept 3s and MC is still worth using from 32 to 72.  AA will come while you're playing. Go ahead and group us and paly the heroic content as much as you wish. If you find your AA points are falling behind, just go out and grind some gray quests. This is not difficult for anyone who was not socially promoted through public schools to figure out.</p><p>There is no reason to avoid grouping for dungeons or to avoid mentoring for nameds. And certainly no need for repeatedly whining about this issue.</p>.</blockquote><p>No, A3's and MC is worthless to 72, cause you outlevel it far too quickly and you don't actually need it (at least most players don't).</p><p>Don't do the heroic content, by your own example, your doing it and turning around and doing grey quests to catch up.  Just stick to the quests and you end up at the same level/aa and skip the heroic stuff.</p><p>You will advanced faster and reach a goal of 80/200 by not doing heroic content until you've completed soloquest.  I've tried it both ways repeatedly, and I will say unequivically, stick to solo quest if you want to get there quicker.</p>

Thunndar316
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
<p><cite>Rahatmattata wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If you don't mind being level 80 with 75 AA go right ahead.</p></blockquote><p>It doesn't matter.  You are either level 80 with 75 AA doing level 30 quests or you are level 50 with 75 AA doing level 30 quests.</p>

Vincire
02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
<p>The rate of AA Advancement feels out of sync in some respects and probably should be raised to come more in line with the rate at which standard levels are gained.  I don't think the Devs really intended for us to stunt the rate of growth in pne area in favor of another.  That just seems counter-intuitive to the kind of experience that has been offered in the case of soloable and more casual friendly material. </p>

Full_Metal_Mage
02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Full_Metal_Mage wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote></blockquote><p>Wrong on all counts.</p><p>Adept 3s and MC is still worth using from 32 to 72.  AA will come while you're playing. Go ahead and group us and paly the heroic content as much as you wish. If you find your AA points are falling behind, just go out and grind some gray quests. This is not difficult for anyone who was not socially promoted through public schools to figure out.</p><p>There is no reason to avoid grouping for dungeons or to avoid mentoring for nameds. And certainly no need for repeatedly whining about this issue.</p>.</blockquote><p>No, A3's and MC is worthless to 72, cause you outlevel it far too quickly and you don't actually need it (at least most players don't).</p><p>Don't do the heroic content, by your own example, your doing it and turning around and doing grey quests to catch up.  Just stick to the quests and you end up at the same level/aa and skip the heroic stuff.</p><p>You will advanced faster and reach a goal of 80/200 by not doing heroic content until you've completed soloquest.  I've tried it both ways repeatedly, and I will say unequivically, stick to solo quest if you want to get there quicker.</p></blockquote><p>It isn't solely about getting to 80 ASAP. It's about having fun getting there. I do a mixture of heroic grouping and solo quest grinding on my alts and have no problem leveling both adventure level and APs on them.</p><p>My older characters are a different situation.</p>

Dasein
02-11-2009, 05:25 PM
<p><cite>Rahatmattata wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was in a Wailing Caves group last night. I had a 11 inquisitor in the group and guildies mentoring me (I am xp locked). We spent about 20 - 30 minutes running through the dungeon and killed all the named except 2, and doing the quests. She went from level 11 to 20 in that amount of time. It was ridiculous. And she earned like 1 AA point.</p></blockquote><p>I don't see the problem with this. Grinding XP is not going to get you AAXP until you're at the level cap, and even then, it's the least efficient way of getting AAXP. Encounter in the low teens aren't going to award a ton of AAXP, either.</p>

Rahatmattata
02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
<p>Exactly, so don't go do dungeons unless you're gonna disable your xp cuz you're just gonna [Removed for Content] yourself.</p>

Yimway
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
<p><cite>Dasein wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Rahatmattata wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was in a Wailing Caves group last night. I had a 11 inquisitor in the group and guildies mentoring me (I am xp locked). We spent about 20 - 30 minutes running through the dungeon and killed all the named except 2, and doing the quests. She went from level 11 to 20 in that amount of time. It was ridiculous. And she earned like 1 AA point.</p></blockquote><p>I don't see the problem with this. Grinding XP is not going to get you AAXP until you're at the level cap, and even then, it's the least efficient way of getting AAXP. Encounter in the low teens aren't going to award a ton of AAXP, either.</p></blockquote><p>I personally think there should be an XP slider and they could set 80% of their adventure xp to go to achievement xp.  I really don't see the point in forcing people to soloquest if they do not want to.</p>

Rahatmattata
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
<p><cite>Thunndar316 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It doesn't matter.  You are either level 80 with 75 AA doing level 30 quests or you are level 50 with 75 AA doing level 30 quests.</p></blockquote><p>Why would I be doing gray quests? The best way to level is to solo quest and do every dungeon once with xp locked for quest AA and named AA. Only problem is finding groups to do those dungeons because there is no reason to go through them more than once, and there's not exactly a lot of people to group up with at those levels.</p><p>Like I said, if you don't mind being 80 with [Removed for Content] AA and doing gray quests, have at it. Go power level in dungeons and don't lock xp.</p>

Azekah1
02-11-2009, 06:13 PM
<p>An xp slider would indeed be sweet : D</p>

denmom
02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
<p>It's not just for AA that I locked, tho.  My comments were aimed that AA because that's what the topic was.</p><p>I'm mainly locking to do <em><strong>content</strong></em>.  Quests I missed with my two L80's when I leveled them ages ago.  I want to do all the tier content, not just blow thru levels.</p><p>I use mc'd and adept 3's because I do lock.  If I was just blowing thru levels, which I can in 20 mins (I've tested this), it'd be a different story, I'd stick with either ap 4s or ad 1s as they dropped.</p><p>I've not been in Thundering Steppes content in ages.  Some mobs have changed such as the highland stalker lions you needed for one of the Watcher's quests.  I remember how long and hard the slog was to find enough of the darned cats for the quest.  Now it's just run around and there they are.  The changes in Nek Forest are interesting, and there are some quest lines which are new and some others I never did because they were in high heroic areas...yanno, the roaming packs of triple up skellies?</p><p>Anyhow, level locking can be a good thing if you want to get all the content missed before and you want to be of a level for it.  A side benefit is gaining a good amount of AAs.</p>

Dolgan
02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
<p>AA is awarded by how low you mentor.  as a lvl 80 mythed I mentor my alts on another account and pwn the names in the lwr zones.  I am over 30 lvls mentored so I get 300% xp converted to AAxp.  Also name killing gives anywhere from 5%-30% depending on ^, ^^^, x2.  Also, they instituted a couple of updates ago, that grey quests also give AAxp.  it makes flying through killing quests faster.  You don't need to find someone to mentor but you would prolly get more for doing that.  Colection quests and Discos got reset some time ago so if you haven't revisited zone you should.  I went into RE the other day and got disco and AA for a zone I did when I was that lvl over 3 years ago.  Also don't forget about the dungeons under the cities.  Quite a few names in VS and CoB under Quyenos.</p>

Oh
02-11-2009, 07:52 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Dasein wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Rahatmattata wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was in a Wailing Caves group last night. I had a 11 inquisitor in the group and guildies mentoring me (I am xp locked). We spent about 20 - 30 minutes running through the dungeon and killed all the named except 2, and doing the quests. She went from level 11 to 20 in that amount of time. It was ridiculous. And she earned like 1 AA point.</p></blockquote><p>I don't see the problem with this. Grinding XP is not going to get you AAXP until you're at the level cap, and even then, it's the least efficient way of getting AAXP. Encounter in the low teens aren't going to award a ton of AAXP, either.</p></blockquote><p>I personally think there should be an XP slider and they could set 80% of their adventure xp to go to achievement xp.  I really don't see the point in forcing people to soloquest if they do not want to. </p></blockquote><p>While I would personally love a slider bar, the main problem is that with that slider bar would indicate you could put 100% of your xp to ap xp. NOW I don't have a problem with that, but apparently that is NOT what the dev's want. As it is now when you are at max level you get a small fraction of your xp going to ap xp.</p>

Thunndar316
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
<p>I'm fine with an XP bar for AA's as long as there is a cap.  I don't want the unlimited, neverending AA grind that EQ1 became.</p>

CrazyMoogle
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
<p>TSO has been the beginning of the "ugh do I really wanna" feelings for me.  I'm a person who likes to mess around with alts and seeing how tediously boring it has been to get AAs on my 2 main characters has completely cut off any desire to play alts.  Not one single time since the expansion came out have I had the desire to bring out the kids to play, and that says a LOT about how much it's changed me.  I just can't stand the though of grinding up to 200 AAs on the kids with how boring and tedious it's been.</p><p>It's sad but I think TSO has signaled the beginning of the downward spiral for me where the boredom and tedium are inching up more and more to take over where once there was fun.  After seeing how this has been the thought of the next expansion raising the level cap is likely enough to get me to call it quits.</p>

feldon30
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Several things in this post:</p><p>1) A3's and MC is not worth the time to make anymore unless you're having trouble completing quests.</p><p>2) Don't kill things for xp, don't go on the named mentor runs.  This will overload your adventure xp and not give you nearly as much AA xp as spending the same time grinding quests.</p><p>3) Keep grinding quests and you're aa will start to catch up in the 40-70 levels as adventure xp slows down some, but aa xp remains fairly constant.  Avoid the temptation to group or do heroic dungeons and stick to your solo quest grind.  Otherwise, you'll get 80 and turn around and have to go grind these quests when they are grey.</p><p>I admit, this all sucks, as no one in game hates solo quests more than I do.  However, it is undeniable that it is the only efficient means of leveling anymore.  Unless you like being aa handicapped.</p><p>I should add, level locking or turning off xp is never needed, contrary to other's posts.  As long as you never do anything but soloquest till level 80, you'll do fine on your AA position.</p><p>Oh yeah, xp potions are the devil. Delete them.</p></blockquote><p>1) Killing mobs faster is a bad thing?</p><p>2) Killing names and discovery XP is a huge source of AA. Just turn off Combat XP. I'm astounded that you are encouraging folks to solo to 80. Don't we have enough folks who have no clue how to play their class in a group?<span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong></strong></span></p><p>As a guild, we are taking level 80 toons and have started going back and doing level 30-60 raids by mentoring. We are gaining 8-15% of an AA point PER KILL. Every night, we are gaining 2-3 AA points per person. As a guild, we earned 65 AA points in less than 3 hours of raiding green mobs in old raid zones.</p><p>3) You can do quest lines AND enjoy grouping and then save the boredom for the quest grind from 70-80. I went back with my level 80 ranger and did the new quest lines in Everfrost. I got almost 3 AA points out of those ~40 grey quests. Hell, they were giving me more AA than quests in Kylong Plains and Fens of Nathsar. Quests give a fixed amount of AA XP, whether they are yellow, blue, green, or grey to you you will get the intended amount of AA.</p><p>The point you are completely missing is that doing level 30 solo quests at level 30 means everything is agro to you, and you have to kill stuff at the typical speed, so any quest probably takes 10 minutes to complete. Doing level 30 quests at level 80 means you can one-shot most of the quest update mobs and nothing is agro, so you aren't killing any trash mobs to get to the mobs you need.</p><p>4) Sorry, but level locking is a requirement. Just doing some solo runs through Commonlands and Wailing Caves, I was gaining a level so fast that I got to level 25 with only 10 AAs. Just killing the mobs necessary to complete quests gives nearly 300% the XP it did before TSO, so you will level way too fast to get your AAs.</p><p>Before TSO nearly tripled XP gains, most folks got to level 70 with about 80 AAs and level 80 with about 120 AAs. Now with the massively increased XP, you really think it is possible to get to level 80 with anywhere near 200 AAs without level locking?</p><p>Soloing to 80 is not only a bad answer, but explains why there are so many bad pick-up groups.</p>

feldon30
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
<p><cite>Ohiv wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>As it is now when you are at max level you get a small fraction of your xp going to ap xp.</p></blockquote><p>Less than 1% of any AA point you earn can be attributed to combat XP being converted to AA XP. It's like peeing in the ocean.</p>

feldon30
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>TSO has been the beginning of the "ugh do I really wanna" feelings for me.  I'm a person who likes to mess around with alts and seeing how tediously boring it has been to get AAs on my 2 main characters has completely cut off any desire to play alts.  Not one single time since the expansion came out have I had the desire to bring out the kids to play, and that says a LOT about how much it's changed me.  I just can't stand the though of grinding up to 200 AAs on the kids with how boring and tedious it's been.</p><p>It's sad but I think TSO has signaled the beginning of the downward spiral for me where the boredom and tedium are inching up more and more to take over where once there was fun.  After seeing how this has been the thought of the next expansion raising the level cap is likely enough to get me to call it quits.</p></blockquote><p>They've completely gone out of whack with bonus XP by having level 80 chars, the XP potions, the tradeskill XP jewelry, and yesterday they introduced a combat XP horse.</p><p>Sure, you can now get to level 80 as fast as you can in WoW, but then you have to grind out mountains of grey quests.</p><p>I really don't see the point in the massive increases they've made in leveling speed. It's completely out of control. Gaining a level means nothing now. I can see why people are starting to ask for some kind of purpose or meaning to gaining levels, some kind of quest or rite of passage.</p><p>I don't know how people level 7 characters through the mind-numbing quests in Kylong Plains, Fens of Nathsar, etc. without ending up in the Nuthouse.</p><p>Last night was the perfect example. Quest giver is in BW in Fens. Quest update is east of Sathir's Span (1,000 yds away). Go collect braziers. Ok, now go kill the people surrounding the braziers. I'm sure the next step will be to kill some kind of named that is leading those people. It makes me wonder if EQ2 devs are taking their frustration out on the players. LOL</p>

Yimway
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
<p><cite>feldon30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote></blockquote><p>1) Killing mobs faster is a bad thing?</p><p>2) Killing names and discovery XP is a huge source of AA. Just turn off Combat XP. I'm astounded that you are encouraging folks to solo to 80. Don't we have enough folks who have no clue how to play their class in a group?<span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong></strong></span></p><p>As a guild, we are taking level 80 toons and have started going back and doing level 30-60 raids by mentoring. We are gaining 8-15% of an AA point PER KILL. Every night, we are gaining 2-3 AA points per person. As a guild, we earned 65 AA points in less than 3 hours of raiding green mobs in old raid zones.</p><p>3) You can do quest lines AND enjoy grouping and then save the boredom for the quest grind from 70-80. I went back with my level 80 ranger and did the new quest lines in Everfrost. I got almost 3 AA points out of those ~40 grey quests. Hell, they were giving me more AA than quests in Kylong Plains and Fens of Nathsar. Quests give a fixed amount of AA XP, whether they are yellow, blue, green, or grey to you you will get the intended amount of AA.</p><p>The point you are completely missing is that doing level 30 solo quests at level 30 means everything is agro to you, and you have to kill stuff at the typical speed, so any quest probably takes 10 minutes to complete. Doing level 30 quests at level 80 means you can one-shot most of the quest update mobs and nothing is agro, so you aren't killing any trash mobs to get to the mobs you need.</p><p>4) Sorry, but level locking is a requirement. Just doing some solo runs through Commonlands and Wailing Caves, I was gaining a level so fast that I got to level 25 with only 10 AAs. Just killing the mobs necessary to complete quests gives nearly 300% the XP it did before TSO, so you will level way too fast to get your AAs.</p><p>Before TSO nearly tripled XP gains, most folks got to level 70 with about 80 AAs and level 80 with about 120 AAs. Now with the massively increased XP, you really think it is possible to get to level 80 with anywhere near 200 AAs without level locking?</p><p>Soloing to 80 is not only a bad answer, but explains why there are so many bad pick-up groups.</p></blockquote><p>1) the difference in kill speed for a tier != the time it takes to make the MC and A3's.  It takes litterally hours to pass a tier up.</p><p>2) Quests are still faster than killing nameds.  For one there just aren't that many names, and the example you are giving is mentor killing raid nameds.  This isn't exactly an option for people leveling up.  I agree, if you can get in and clear raid zones for your level, yes you should do that.  However going to say RE to kill nameds, all the pointless xp you get killing the trash and the time invested is not as good aa xp as doing solo quests</p><p>3) I agree you can do level 30 quests faster at level 80, but seriously, they don't take long at level 30.  Solo killing is about as trivial as it can get already.  Try it both ways then tell me which path led you to 80/200 faster.  I've done both paths, and I know which one was hands down the fastest.</p><p>4) You picked the wrong zones, CL and WC are not where the quests are.  Do TD, Then BB with the same time you did CL and WC and see where your aa/level is.</p><p>I agree solo to 80 can be blamed for many bad players, however players can do class research and still be top performers if they are motivated to do so.   Believe me, I unequivacly believe the heroic path to leveling SHOULD reward more than the solo path, however the game designers do not agree with me.</p>

liveja
02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
<p><cite>feldon30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>4) Sorry, but level locking is a requirement.</p></blockquote><p>My Troubie is 77th level with 120 AAs, & has never level locked. It's not a requirement.</p>

feldon30
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
When did you roll that troub?

Yimway
02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
<p><cite>Ohiv wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><p>While I would personally love a slider bar, the main problem is that with that slider bar would indicate you could put 100% of your xp to ap xp. NOW I don't have a problem with that, but apparently that is NOT what the dev's want. As it is now when you are at max level you get a small fraction of your xp going to ap xp.</p></blockquote><p>No one ever said the values on the slider needed to be 0 <---> 100.</p><p>The slider could beL 0 <-----> 50</p><p>or 80, or whatever...</p>

zaneluke
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>TSO has been the beginning of the "ugh do I really wanna" feelings for me.  I'm a person who likes to mess around with alts and seeing how tediously boring it has been to get AAs on my 2 main characters has completely cut off any desire to play alts.  Not one single time since the expansion came out have I had the desire to bring out the kids to play, and that says a LOT about how much it's changed me.  I just can't stand the though of grinding up to 200 AAs on the kids with how boring and tedious it's been.</p><p>It's sad but I think TSO has signaled the beginning of the downward spiral for me where the boredom and tedium are inching up more and more to take over where once there was fun.  After seeing how this has been the thought of the next expansion raising the level cap is likely enough to get me to call it quits.</p></blockquote><p>Every game out there has some sort of grind. EQ2 is AAs. But to be honest how many of your AAs are must have? Still at 80 you can run zones get sme decent armor and progress up through the instances enjoying more and more content.  I take an hour or so a day and plug out some grey quests here and there. They go very very fast. Get about an aa every other day now. I will be at 200 in a month........ 4 months after expansion with all heritage quests done,all shard armor and junk. Then i can work on my alts.</p>

Thunndar316
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
<p>My Swash is level 80 with 178 AA.</p><p>I never turned of Combat Xp or Quest XP and I solod all the way to 80.  All you have to do is solo quests but get as many named as you can.  If you miss some then go back and mentor.</p>