PDA

View Full Version : New/Updated Mentoring for AA info.

Neraku
02-11-2009, 06:29 AM
<p>Can someone please explain or post a link with the information on how mentoring affects your aa's? Meaning if I am 50 and mentor someone that is 15 do I get x amount of aa exp for every quest that lvl 15 does or is it based off something else?</p>

axl_2baz
02-11-2009, 06:34 AM
<p>The AA xp you will gain (by named, quest, exploration, etc ...) while mentoring someone will be raised. The greater the difference of lvl, the greater the raise (up to 300% if I remember right).</p>

Alienor
02-11-2009, 07:28 AM
it has been in the update notes, you might want to check there. Sorry for not having the link at my hands

Aremban
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
<p> Mentoring has no effect on quests. AA quest exp is based off how many AAs you currently have. This means you can do grey quests without having to mentor.</p>

Vanderlay
02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
<p>What about collection quests?  If I'm level 80 and I finish a level 15 collection quest, would I be better off mentoring to level 15ish to turn in the collection?</p>

erin
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
<p><cite>Vanderlay wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>What about collection quests?  If I'm level 80 and I finish a level 15 collection quest, would I be better off mentoring to level 15ish to turn in the collection?</p></blockquote><p>No.  You get the same amount of AA for turning in a collection regardless of whether you mentor or not.  If a lvl 10 collection gives (just as an example) 100 points, it gives 100 points whether you are mentoring a level 10 or turning it in as an 80.</p>

Vanderlay
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
<p><cite>erin wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Vanderlay wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>What about collection quests?  If I'm level 80 and I finish a level 15 collection quest, would I be better off mentoring to level 15ish to turn in the collection?</p></blockquote><p>No.  You get the same amount of AA for turning in a collection regardless of whether you mentor or not.  If a lvl 10 collection gives (just as an example) 100 points, it gives 100 points whether you are mentoring a level 10 or turning it in as an 80.</p></blockquote><p>Thank you...always wondered about this.</p>

NardacMM
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
<p><cite>Aremban wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p> Mentoring has no effect on quests. AA quest exp is based off how many AAs you currently have. This means you can do grey quests without having to mentor.</p></blockquote><p>That's fascinating. So are you saying that if you are doing a level 40 quest as a level 80 with 20 AAs, you will get more xp than a level 80 with 140 AAs?</p>

yohann koldheart
02-11-2009, 11:16 AM
<p><cite>NardacMM wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Aremban wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p> Mentoring has no effect on quests. AA quest exp is based off how many AAs you currently have. This means you can do grey quests without having to mentor.</p></blockquote><p>That's fascinating. So are you saying that if you are doing a level 40 quest as a level 80 with 20 AAs, you will get more xp than a level 80 with 140 AAs?</p></blockquote><p>yes thats what he's saying. the more aa's you gain the bigger your aa pool gets. wich means the more aa exp  you need before you will gain a aa point to spend</p><p>a level 50 with 30 aa's will get a bit more aa exp turning in a  quest then a level 50 toon with 90 aa's.</p>

Jesdyr
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>a level 50 with 30 aa's will get a bit more aa exp turning in a  quest then a level 50 toon with 90 aa's.</p></blockquote><p>No, the amount of AA XP you get is the same. The amount you need per AA level increases with each level.</p>

Brinelan
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
<p>Check around lu45 or so for the specifics.. </p>

Pacus
02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
<p>To beat it into the ground even more (for example only (no idea what real values are):</p><p>If you have 20 AAs and you need 1000 points (i.e. 1000 points from 20.0 AA to 21.0 AA) to reach  21 AAs and you complete a quest or turn in a collection and recieve 100 AA points, you have just gotten 10% closer to 21 AAs.  (100/1000*100%=10%)</p><p>If you have 120 AAs and you need 1000000 points (i.e. 1000000 points from 120.0 AA to 121.0 AA) to reach 121 AAs and complete the same quest or collection and recieve 100 AA points, you have just (only) gotten 0.01 % closer to 121 AAs.  (100/1000000*100%=0.01%)</p><p>Get it?</p><p>Peace!</p>

Yimway
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
<p>This would all be so much simpler if they just exposed the xp numbers and the totals needed for a level rather than masking behind this % system.  It only confuzzles people.</p>

Neraku
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
<p>Hmm I guess I might be wrong but didnt an update here recently say that mentoring will grant you 3x the aa xp than not mentoring? Would that be based on named killing or quests for me? Meaning it doesnt matter if the person I am mentoring completes quests or not? So I would need to mentor someone in a zone I havent done any quest like say Zek to get the 3x aa exp for doing quests?</p>

Skywarrior
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
<p><cite>Neraku wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hmm I guess I might be wrong but didnt an update here recently say that mentoring will grant you 3x the aa xp than not mentoring? Would that be based on named killing or quests for me? Meaning it doesnt matter if the person I am mentoring completes quests or not? So I would need to mentor someone in a zone I havent done any quest like say Zek to get the 3x aa exp for doing quests?</p></blockquote><p>As stated above, the amount of aaxp you get from completing a quest does not change whether mentored or not.  Mentoring only really affects aaxp received from named kills and (if the mentoring character is level 80) the conversion of regular xp to aa you get when max level.  The latter is actually the big deal in this.  Basically, it's a way to encourage max level characters to mentor low level characters and revisit older zones while providing some tangible reward to the level 80 in the form of boosted aaxp.</p><p>And yes, the aaxp you receive is based on what your character does, not on what the lower level character accomplishes.  So in order to get aaxp from a named kill you will have to have not received kill credit from that named before.</p>