PDA

View Full Version : Crossed Wires buff?

Daryx
10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I am finishing up the live events on an alt, and was running back from killing skels in Antonica when I happened to mouse over my XP bar.  It said "You are earning 10% bonus XP from spells and potions."  Now I knew I hadn't consumed any XP potions, so I looked at my spell effects and noticed one called "Crossed Wires" which gives 10% extra combat XP.  It had a timer on it and was counting down from around 4 minutes.  No idea where it came from; it doesn't seem to be in my log or chat window anywhere.  I use HOs but if it's from that that's a very new one.  Anyone ever see that or have a clue what caused it?  (Yeah my character is a barbarian and had drunk some of the summoned ale but the drunk effect had worn off....)

SnoesieQ
10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
You get it from cleaning the sand diggers at the DIRTY event sites. Default time is 15 minutes, but you can stack it up to, I think, 90 minutes by repeating.

Daryx
10-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Ahhh, OK, he's the only character I did that on (totally by accident) and after I couldn't move him till he was done beating on the thing and it zapped him, I just thought "What was the purpose of that???".  Thanks for the clear up.

denmom
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Ahah, thanks for the info.  I had that on my little Assassin and no one knew where it came from.  I noticed it when in the DIRTY camp.