PDA

View Full Version : Can you "return" a guild amenity and get status points/cash back?

Galldora
10-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Say your guild purchases an amenity and then decides it wasn't what they wanted; can the amenity be returned and if so, do you get your status points and some of your cash back?The reason I ask is that I read if you move from one guild hall to another, you get a refund on the amenities, and I can't recall any purchase where you don't get your SP back (and usually some, but not all, of your cash back too) when you sell it back.

Besual
10-14-2008, 08:24 AM
AFAIK you get only a part of the PP / SP back.

Chikkin
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
you get 50% coin and 50% status back when you sell back amenity

Cherryann
10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for info, Ennia.  Considering the initial cost of the amenities, changing one's mind could become rather pricey!

vandewar
10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
<p>Speaking of amenities, anyone else notice that the maintenance cost for an amenity is stated differently on the list than it is on the confirmation box?</p><p>That is, if you hover over an amenity, it might say the weekly cost is 20g and 1000 status points and when you buy it, the confirmation box says the weekly cost is 40g and 2000 status points.  It's always double.</p><p>I'm assuming at some point they cut the cost in half and didn't change the confirmation... or maybe someone's pulling the old "bait and switch"...</p>

feldon30
10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
The reason why amenities only give 50% back is to prevent people from doing a Sell/Buy at the end of each week to get around the upkeep.

Rothgar
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
<cite>vandewar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Speaking of amenities, anyone else notice that the maintenance cost for an amenity is stated differently on the list than it is on the confirmation box?</p><p>That is, if you hover over an amenity, it might say the weekly cost is 20g and 1000 status points and when you buy it, the confirmation box says the weekly cost is 40g and 2000 status points.  It's always double.</p><p>I'm assuming at some point they cut the cost in half and didn't change the confirmation... or maybe someone's pulling the old "bait and switch"...</p></blockquote>I'm not sure I understand the problem because the upkeep cost is never displayed in a confirmation box.  When you purchase an amenity the "buy" price is displayed in the confirmation, not the "upkeep" price.The reason the buy price is somtimes higher than the listed price is because you've paid for several weeks upkeep in advance.  So we take the upkeep price and add that to the buy price for each full week of upkeep you've already paid for.

Sonorod
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
<cite>Rothgar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>vandewar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Speaking of amenities, anyone else notice that the maintenance cost for an amenity is stated differently on the list than it is on the confirmation box?</p><p>That is, if you hover over an amenity, it might say the weekly cost is 20g and 1000 status points and when you buy it, the confirmation box says the weekly cost is 40g and 2000 status points.  It's always double.</p><p>I'm assuming at some point they cut the cost in half and didn't change the confirmation... or maybe someone's pulling the old "bait and switch"...</p></blockquote>I'm not sure I understand the problem because the upkeep cost is never displayed in a confirmation box.  When you purchase an amenity the "buy" price is displayed in the confirmation, not the "upkeep" price.The reason the buy price is somtimes higher than the listed price is because you've paid for several weeks upkeep in advance.  So we take the upkeep price and add that to the buy price for each full week of upkeep you've already paid for.</blockquote>OK, Rothgar really confused me there.  Why would you add it to the buy price?  I'm thinking it through in my head...I think it's so that your paid in advance amount is properly reflected, but could there be a more clear seperation so that it doesn't look like the system is trying to rob you?  Also, what if the amount paid up is less than the new purchase price?  Would remainder come out of escrow?  If there isn't enough escrow does the user have to back out of several popups to go back and add escrow, rinse, repeat?

Rijacki
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
<cite>Sonorod wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Rothgar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>vandewar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Speaking of amenities, anyone else notice that the maintenance cost for an amenity is stated differently on the list than it is on the confirmation box?</p><p>That is, if you hover over an amenity, it might say the weekly cost is 20g and 1000 status points and when you buy it, the confirmation box says the weekly cost is 40g and 2000 status points.  It's always double.</p><p>I'm assuming at some point they cut the cost in half and didn't change the confirmation... or maybe someone's pulling the old "bait and switch"...</p></blockquote>I'm not sure I understand the problem because the upkeep cost is never displayed in a confirmation box.  When you purchase an amenity the "buy" price is displayed in the confirmation, not the "upkeep" price.The reason the buy price is somtimes higher than the listed price is because you've paid for several weeks upkeep in advance.  So we take the upkeep price and add that to the buy price for each full week of upkeep you've already paid for.</blockquote>OK, Rothgar really confused me there.  Why would you add it to the buy price?  I'm thinking it through in my head...I think it's so that your paid in advance amount is properly reflected, but could there be a more clear seperation so that it doesn't look like the system is trying to rob you?  Also, what if the amount paid up is less than the new purchase price?  Would remainder come out of escrow?  If there isn't enough escrow does the user have to back out of several popups to go back and add escrow, rinse, repeat?</blockquote>It's to prevent an exploit.If there was no addition to the buy price, it would be cheaper to buy a guild hall, pay the maximum weeks in advance, buy your amenities and get free upkeep on them through to the end of the time paid in advance.  And, since the difference between the amount initally paid for the amenity and the amount refunded when selling it back might be less than the difference between the cost of upkeep on the guild hall for several weeks without the amenity vs with it. It would also have made it cheaper to sell back all amenities, pay upkeep, and rebuy all amenities.Since the upkeep on the amenities is intended as a money sink for their availability and use, to have methods to bypass paging that upkeep would be contra-productive.

Sonorod
10-15-2008, 10:48 AM
When an amenity is first purchased and there isn't any additional time paid up on the hall, is the first week also charged as part of the price, or is it not charged until the next upkeep?  My thinking here is that instead of getting the first week or few days before the next upkeep free, people who pay weeks ahead get overcharged versus those who buy without any weeks paid ahead.