PDA

View Full Version : Guild Strategist Working as Intended?

Yimway
10-08-2008, 11:17 AM
We tried him out for VP raid last night, and needless to say our results were less than spectacular.We set a flag outside VP, we managed to get 5 people zoned to the flag before it disapeared.  We run another perosn to VP, set flag, and it stayed up about 5 minutes and disapeared.  The next one lasted 15 maybe.I'd really like the ability to restrict the ability of picking up a flag from the NPC to a specific guild rank.   I'd also like to remove the ability to right click the flag after being placed to remove it.  At the very least I'd like it so only the person placing it can remove it.I believe what was happening is people from outside the guild were removing our flag for us (such considerate people they are).  Is this the intended behavior?  Seems catty and well, removes 99% of the value of the amenity.

Yimway
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah, for the love of all that is holy....Add a guild event for someone getting a flag from the strategist and one for someone removing the currently place banner.

Rijacki
10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't know about others, but if anyone in your guild touches the flag at all it will vanish.We got our whole raid to Thuuga and then to Leviathon lickety split.(and then had to call the raid on account of the previously made T7 rare cure potions have been nerfed to match the current common.. we'd been using T7 rare for cure to conserve T8 dust!! and now those are worthless to us!  Previously made with a recipe no longer existing shouldn't be changed or removed!)

Yimway
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
<cite>Rijacki wrote:</cite><blockquote>I don't know about others, but if anyone in your guild touches the flag at all it will vanish.</blockquote>Yes, we saw this, however I watched one vanish when no one was anywhere near it, while someone else was watching to verify no one picked up a new flag from strategist.Really need guild events for getting one, placing one, and removing one.

cronar
10-08-2008, 11:47 AM
<p>SoE shouldn't be responsible to keep track of rogue guildmate failings.</p><p>Spread the word to your guild, ask for cooperation. If it doesn't get better, take action against the guilty.</p>

Kendricke
10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
<p>I feedbacked/reported this during testing.  </p><p>When a flag is placed, there is no warning or event message that indicates a flag has been placed.  This can lead to confusion, especially if the flags are being used by members for grouping purposes.  Likewise, anyone in your guild who can see the flag can touch the flag to remove it.  There is no warning about this - click and its gone.  </p><p>If a flag is currently in place within the world, a confirmation window should appear anytime someone in your guild attempts to place a new flag.  Ideally, this warning would include the name of the person who planted the current flag, and what zone that flag is in.  (i.e. - <i>WARNING:  Placing this flag will remove the flag the Kendricke placed in Jarsath Wastes.</i>)</p><p>Flags should only be able to be removed by the original owner or by placing a new flag.  Barring that, the ability to remove the flag should be changed to a specific right click option.  The standard left click should default to an "examine" function.  Even then, right clicking to remove the flag should result in another confirmation window.</p>

Valdaglerion
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
<p>I believe it is working as intended. We tested it pretty thoroughly as well. The problem really stems from permission sets as you have already eluded to.</p><p> Things that cause a flag to disappear:</p><ol><li>2 hr timer expires once the flag is placed (havent seen this in writing but seems to be our experience on test)</li><li>Another flag gets placed somewhere else in the world by another guild member</li><li>Person who placed the flag logs out or goes LD</li><li>Someone touches the flag OR right clicks and breaks it down</li></ol><p>Feedback for improving this amenity:</p><ol><li>2 sets of permissions are needed. 1 for taking and placing flags and another for calling to the rally point</li><li>Events for guild hall (Broadcast in caps - RALLY FLAG ACTIVE - [Name of Placer]/ RALLY FLAG REMOVED - [Name of Remover])</li></ol><p>Suggestions for working around it til they get it fixed:</p><ol><li>We asked everyone going through to the rally point to grab a flag before zoning through. This was implemented as a backup currently in case the flag disappeared on the other end we could plant another one with little to no loss of time waiting for someone else to run out.</li><li>Guild chats BEFORE placing a flag elsewhere.</li></ol>

Kendricke
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>SoE shouldn't be responsible to keep track of rogue guildmate failings.</p><p>Spread the word to your guild, ask for cooperation. If it doesn't get better, take action against the guilty.</p></blockquote><p>Sure thing, Danger.  Who would the guilty be?  Truly, if no one speaks up, there is no guilty.  It's not as if you get a warning to tell you who clicked the flag (which can occur completely by mistake, gives no warning, and does not have a casting bar).  </p><p>Fact is, this is a case of "if it can happen, it will happen" design.  If a user CAN remove a flag without warning or by mistake then assume that a user WILL remove a flag without warning or by mistake.  It shouldn't be a monumental fix to enact the suggestions I made above in my previous post.  I would hope you could agree those suggestions aren't unreasonable requests.</p>

Rijacki
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I definately agree on confirmation windows.I don't think it should be removable by placer only 'cause the person who placed it might not be available to remove it for some reason.

Thunndar316
10-08-2008, 11:58 AM
What does the strategist do exactly?

Yimway
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
<cite>Rijacki wrote:</cite><blockquote>I definately agree on confirmation windows.I don't think it should be removable by placer only 'cause the person who placed it might not be available to remove it for some reason.</blockquote>I don't agree.Since you can remove it by placing a new flag.  That being the case I honestly see NO REASON to have a mechanism to remove a planted flag.  Let it time out, or let it be replaced by a new flag.  I don't see a reason to need to remove it for any other reason.Seriously though, I saw this flag disapear 2x when no one in my guild was within 30 meters of the flag, and no one placed a new one, and no one retrieved a new one from strategist...So I'm to divine that someone in guild at the flag clicked it from over 30 meters away and it vanished?Really screwy stuff IMO.

Vraeth
10-09-2008, 08:00 AM
<cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Feedback for improving this amenity:</p><ol><li>2 sets of permissions are needed. 1 for taking and placing flags and another for calling to the rally point</li></ol></blockquote>i second this suggestion, it is really needed. we dont want anyone be able to pick up/place flags, but we want everyone be able to move to the flag

Rijacki
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Rijacki wrote:</cite><blockquote>I definately agree on confirmation windows.I don't think it should be removable by placer only 'cause the person who placed it might not be available to remove it for some reason.</blockquote>I don't agree.Since you can remove it by placing a new flag.  That being the case I honestly see NO REASON to have a mechanism to remove a planted flag.  Let it time out, or let it be replaced by a new flag.  I don't see a reason to need to remove it for any other reason.Seriously though, I saw this flag disapear 2x when no one in my guild was within 30 meters of the flag, and no one placed a new one, and no one retrieved a new one from strategist...So I'm to divine that someone in guild at the flag clicked it from over 30 meters away and it vanished?Really screwy stuff IMO.</blockquote>Even if the only way a flag could be removed is by timing out or another flag being placed, a confirmation window on placing another flag (this flag replaces that one - OK, cancel) would be helpful. Even with a seperate permission for placing flags it would be handy.