PDA

View Full Version : mailbox in guild hall bugged?

Kaalenarc
10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
<p>Some members report being unable to use it, getting the message "you cannot send mail without a delivery route, right?"</p><p> any ideas?</p>

Kendricke
10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
<p>I'd bugged this on Test.  </p><p>Basically, the mailbox doesn't have a default setting for visitor/friend, etc.  So what happens is it defaults to housing behavior, which means only members who have friend access or better can access it.  </p>

Kaalenarc
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
<p> OK - hopefully they fix this soon.</p>

Kaalenarc
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
<p>/bugged on live.</p>

Kendricke
10-07-2008, 11:11 PM
<p>Basically, the way they set permissions, the only reasonable way to set up your guild hall is to block public access, give visitor access to all of your members, reserving friend and trustee access for certain officers or as needed.  </p><p>Otherwise, any member with friend access can move any of the 1500+ items in your Tier 3 hall.  If you have a larger guild (and I believe you do) that means keeping an eye on a lot of members.  I get cranky if I feel we've wasted too long on a 5 minute raid fight.  I can't imagine how frustrated I'd feel to show up one morning and find that 3-4 hours of placement work needed to be redone because someone got a mischevous urge...hence, everyone gets visitor access.</p><p>The problem then is that you can't allow the public into your hall, because they'd have visitor access.  Can you imagine how fast your escrow account would empty if anyone on your server figured out you had even a 10% guild pay option set on your guild mender?  You'd see entire raid forces coming into your hall.</p>

Kaalenarc
10-07-2008, 11:31 PM
<p>even setting access to visitor - no one can use the mailbox. Sigh.</p>