PDA

View Full Version : Some comments after being in the game for a little over a month.....

Ohbe1
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
First off let me just say, Ive been having a great time overall. I am an altaholic to be sure, as well as a light wieght pvper (yay for naggy!). I also (obviously?) enjoy the pve/questing aspect.. (eq2 norath has a great world to explore).  That said,  I have been experiencing one nagging issue.......As a new player, any groups I get into are generally full of, or atleast led by someone who seems to have done all the content a million times, and can run through a dungeon backwards and blindfolded without missing you a beat... which is fine, but generally speaking its all I can do to keep up, and hope to stay updated on my quests along the way. I flew through the levels so fast... I really cant believe it... Starting with t3, I went out, harvested my rares... saved up.. got my suit of mc made, and literally outleveled it in 1/6 of the time it took to harvest the rares for it... Figured.. why bother with t4, but at lvl 40.. started the cycle again... figuring.. surely xp will slow down here... LOL.. not so much..... I am enjoying doing the higher level content.. and sometimes blowing through levels is cool too....BUT!!!I recently rolled a (nother) new toon, and have locked it since lvl 10. I have managed to do tons more quests (7/10ths of which ended up greyed out on other toons), learn and see way more of the lower tier stuff, and actually learn my way through some of the areas/dungeons.. and its awesome.. Im *really* enjoying taking it slow. Now im dealing with the issue that I will actually blast through a full level with something like 7-10 pvp kills. Now.. dont get me wrong, I actually do believe that no matter how much you are locked, you SHOULD indeed have to get some mandatory xp from pvping... and sure, probably more than general mobs, since its more like a herioc, or epic... BUT this seems really extreme.... Something closer to twice this level would be much more appropriate I think.  I would really like to not have to choose between pvping / aa questing / or blasting through the tiers so fast they feel like a fuzzy spot on the rear view mirror.It seems to me that with all the xp switches available, and as fast as you can just tear right through levels with full xp going, that lessened pvp xp should really be a no brainer here? Honestly, I have no interest in raiding (maybe that will change someday, but not now), and certainly not in *racing* to T8.. (this has to be one of my biggest pet peaves in game.. people racing to t8, and trying to rush me through my playing with them). But as a new player who also pvps, my options are blast through levels with XP on, Blast through levels by pvping regularly, or get to explore my tier through questing. It would be AWESOME to *HAVE THE OPTION* to run quests AND PVP, without blasting through my tier...That said, I think its a really fun game with some amazing depth and detail to the world that can be explored in a casual and fun style. -- Actually rather unique in todays market IMO.

interstellarmatter
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Check out the PvP section of the forums...they have some running threads on this very issue. 

DragonMaster2385
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Hold on to your seat, because this is going to be a shock to floor you: With the GU being loaded today (right now in fact), xp required to level from 20-70 is being SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. You may log on an alt and ding from just logging on due to this reduction! They removed an estimated 40 hours of required gameplay to level to 70.

Yimway
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
eq2 pvp ftl

Transen
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
They're also slightly reducing the exp from pvp kills...

Kere
10-07-2008, 01:59 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Hold on to your seat, because this is going to be a shock to floor you: With the GU being loaded today (right now in fact), xp required to level from 20-70 is being SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. You may log on an alt and ding from just logging on due to this reduction! They removed an estimated 40 hours of required gameplay to level to 70.</blockquote>Oh no, I play on Venekor... I might outlevel my gear :pTime to harvest/craft again...

Ohbe1
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
WOW!!!After this update.. all I can say is... ?!?!?!?!I leveled (no idea from how far as xp was disabled) AND got almost halfway into the next level from 1 disco xp in NQ on a lvl 24/25 character........All my previous comments still stand... but seriously.. as a new player, how in the world am I supposed to be able to even hope to keep my gear *reasonably* updated through the tiers now? I was barely keeping my AA ahead of XP level through questing only (while completely locked from 10) -- Now.. there is not even a chance.If I had been playing this game for years... I would be LOVING this patch I think.. because I like rolling new toons, and wouldnt want to grind through the same old same old.. But as a new player.. I will have almost no chance to really smell the roses of the lower tiers...I cannot possibly express how much this patch has bummed me out as a new player, who was really enjoying taking it slow through the lower levels (after blasting one character to level 60 in a really short amount of time, and feeling like I had missed out on so much -- and I had)In short... ?!?!?!!????

Faenril
10-08-2008, 05:35 AM
That's why some of use asked for this "fast XP curve" to be implemented as an option, not a must. Apparently as a new player you are supposed to hit tier 8 in a week or two and then run the same content endlessly for one year, instead of running smoothly through all the content in the same period of time.